• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Donald's Defiant Dashers 2013

Hello Ducks! Welcome to the weekend! Congrats for the PR's and for finishing. Liz, good luck with the MRI. I have not registered yet, but now thinking of doing the 10K and the Full. I usually go and run that morning down there anyway, so it will be a nice warm-up. And a new medal!

Keep running!

quack quack said the duck!

How is everyone doing?
So I went and did it and am signed up for the 2014 WDW Marathon. With all this Goofy & Dopey talk it makes just doing a marathon seem kind of wimpy:).
I have a half marathon this weekend and the weather forecast is calling for snow,:furious: yaa. I might have a mini Duck meet tomorrow night, Laura (marathonmommy) is doing the Martian Marathon, so we are going to try to meet up for dinner.
Have a great weekend.
Joe

so can i ask what this is? sorry...being new to this forum and I want to absorb it all. i'm tending to stay in the running/exercise section since that's my thing. been doing it since 2010 and went from being 290lbs down to 229.

plus, i really love donald.

Good morning all! I'm running another half this weekend. It's a local race (about 45 minutes from my house) for a scholarship charity. I'm really excited though because it will be DW and DSIL 1st half! I'm also hoping for my 3rd half PR of the year! Since it's a small local race, I may even have a shot at medaling in my age group. That'll be a first for a distance race for me if I am successfull. In any case, regardless of time and place, I'm just excited for my wife and sister-in-law to get their shot at their first half. I'll hopefully be at the finish line cheering them across.

so can i ask what this is? sorry...being new to this forum and I want to absorb it all. i'm tending to stay in the running/exercise section since that's my thing. been doing it since 2010 and went from being 290lbs down to 229.

Way to go on the weight loss!!!

We're just a group of folks who love all things Disney and running and well, Disney Running. We bounce questions of each other, lend support, and keep each other motiviated. We try to meet up at events when possible. You're welcome to join the team - which my business partner has infomed me is what you call ducks in flight.

Have a great day!

Way to go on the weight loss!!!

We're just a group of folks who love all things Disney and running and well, Disney Running. We bounce questions of each other, lend support, and keep each other motiviated. We try to meet up at events when possible. You're welcome to join the team - which my business partner has infomed me is what you call ducks in flight.

Have a great day!

i definitely want to join! :D donald is my favorite disney character (next to figment!) and the ducks are my favorite hockey team! lol it's just fitting.

and thanks! the weight loss is a huge push for me. if you asked me ages ago, i never thought i'd fit in clothes that i wear now. it's such a great feeling. :goodvibes

i definitely want to join! :D donald is my favorite disney character (next to figment!) and the ducks are my favorite hockey team! lol it's just fitting.

and thanks! the weight loss is a huge push for me. if you asked me ages ago, i never thought i'd fit in clothes that i wear now. it's such a great feeling. :goodvibes

Welcome!!!!!

Welcome to the team!!!!!!! We're obviously the best one out there. You chose wisely! :banana:

Happy Monday Ducks! I PR'd again this weekend completing my 3rd half of 2013 in 1:54.16. That's more than a minute faster than my previous PR set a few weeks ago. This course was the hilliest route I had ever run so I felt extremely proud of the accomplishment. More than that, I was proud of DW and DSIL who completed their first half marathon at this race. DW has never done many hills and had never run more than 10.10 miles so this was awesome for her. I told her if she could do this half, she could do any half.

That makes 5 races for me this year (1 full, 3 halfs, 1 5K) and all have been PR's! I've got a 4 mile trail run this Saturday. I'll be dressed in a Snow White costume (lost a bet) so I don't know how fast I'll be pushing the time. :rotfl:

Happy Friday Ducks! I'm running in the Cheetah Chase 4 mile trail run tomorrow at Chehaw Park in Albany, GA. The interesting fact of that race is I have to run it dressed as Snow White. Seeing a Snow White dressed runner would be interesting enough in this race, but the fact that I'm a bigger guy with a beard adds to the hilarity. I'm a youth pastor and I challenged my kids at church to bring in canned goods for our church's food bank. I challenged them to make a difference and if they did, I'd let them pick my "punishment". They knew I was a runner and a Disney fan so this is what they chose. Gotta' love creative students!

Happy Friday Ducks! I'm running in the Cheetah Chase 4 mile trail run tomorrow at Chehaw Park in Albany, GA. The interesting fact of that race is I have to run it dressed as Snow White. Seeing a Snow White dressed runner would be interesting enough in this race, but the fact that I'm a bigger guy with a beard adds to the hilarity. I'm a youth pastor and I challenged my kids at church to bring in canned goods for our church's food bank. I challenged them to make a difference and if they did, I'd let them pick my "punishment". They knew I was a runner and a Disney fan so this is what they chose. Gotta' love creative students!

Ha!! I love it!!!!

Well, looks like I have a 5K in June. I am visiting a friend in Atlanta and she is signing us up for the Glow Run. I also found a Half to do in November in Biloxi which will be a good training run for the Princess! Just waiting on registration to be announced.

Quick update. I have no idea how to post pics here, but I have quite a few from Saturday's event. It was my first trail run and last weekend's tough, hilly, PR'd half had me wondering how much gas I would have in the tank, but I went out there and decided to just have fun. After all, I was dressed as Snow White! The trail was narrow and there were plenty of roots, mud, switchbacks, and other obstacles that kept you on your toes!

I fell once but was able to pop right back up and not miss a beat. I ended up clocking the 4 miler in 33:13 which was good enough for a top 20 overall finish and 3rd in my age group. It was a fun race, but I was most excited about my students from church that showed up to cheer me on. I even had a former student who is in the Marines get leave this weekend and he drove all night to catch me running in this event!

Quick update. I have no idea how to post pics here, but I have quite a few from Saturday's event. It was my first trail run and last weekend's tough, hilly, PR'd half had me wondering how much gas I would have in the tank, but I went out there and decided to just have fun. After all, I was dressed as Snow White! The trail was narrow and there were plenty of roots, mud, switchbacks, and other obstacles that kept you on your toes!

I fell once but was able to pop right back up and not miss a beat. I ended up clocking the 4 miler in 33:13 which was good enough for a top 20 overall finish and 3rd in my age group. It was a fun race, but I was most excited about my students from church that showed up to cheer me on. I even had a former student who is in the Marines get leave this weekend and he drove all night to catch me running in this event!

That's great! Running through the woods dressed as Snow White sounds perfect! Congrats on the good finish! And the cheering sections!!

Well, I'm signed up. June 22nd doing the Glow Run 5K in Atlanta! Is it bad I want to buy a new running skirt???

That's great! Running through the woods dressed as Snow White sounds perfect! Congrats on the good finish! And the cheering sections!!

Well, I'm signed up. June 22nd doing the Glow Run 5K in Atlanta! Is it bad I want to buy a new running skirt???

Thanks! New running clothes is part of the perks of being a runner right?

Hi B! Congratulations on all the PRs - sensational!

I use Photobucket for posting photos here. Upload them to photobucket, then copy the IMG code (one of 4 choices of codes that will be under each photo in PB) and then paste the code into your message, and voila! They then appear in your message.

I, for one, want to see these photos!

Welcome! Congratulations! I've also lost over 60 pounds mostly through running. I have a journal on these boards that covers most of my journey so far! I'm hoping to lose another 20-30 but it is not coming off easily at all and I am losing and gaining the same 5 pounds over and over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter