Donald's Defiant Dashers 2013

Nooooo!, you can't do the Duck drop by yourself. Maybe once they see how tough you are the boys will give it a try and find out it isn't that bad.
I will keep an eye out for you. If you find yourself at Epcot on the 16th, let me know we will be spending the day there.
Joe

He wants to ride RnRC again, but doesn't want to ride ToT! :confused3 He'll be doing that one solo unless my husband wants to go with him.

We'll be heading to the Clearwater Aquarium to see Winter the dolphin (from the movie Dolphin Tale) on the 16th.

lmbo...Karin seems to think I have magical, goofy-like powers... :confused3

Yippee 3 miles! You've got me beat! Lol!

We have a committer for Goofy 2015! :thumbsup2

Well.....are we going to have to change our name to Goofy's Greats!
LOL... Yeah I'm doing the Half for 2014. But 2015 could be a possible attempt for a Goofy. I'll work on that for sure.

If Liz can do it I'm motivated to try. :)

All the races should be up to date now. Let me know if I have missed anything!

I'm fully back to running after Marathon Weekend. Working my mileage back up - this week will be about 20 miles this week, and about 24 next week. I have my next big race in 5 weeks - a HM. Not sure how I am going to run it yet. Would like to push for a PB but my knee is acting up a bit. I slipped on some blasted ice last night and pulled it a bit. We'll see how the next few weeks shake out and then I will decided if I will try for the PB or take it a bit easier. I have another HM in June so can always shoot for that one. It's the Niagara Falls Women's HM.

Oooh, Carolynn, I hope your knee feels better soon. Stupid ice. My DH fell the other day too. Good luck running, hope it doesn't get in the way of your HM coming up. Sounds like you've been training hard for it!

It's not a big deal, but I just noticed I'm not listed for the 10K. I am your 4th duck doing the DDD! :thumbsup2

Way to go Ducks! And good luck to our Princess runners - You're almost there!!!

I am working on convincing the DH that the 2015 Goofy will be worth the cost. He keeps throwing me the "we could take a cruise for that much money and NOT have to run 39.3 miles" argument at me. But I know all I have to do is sign myself up and he'll be with me. He's too competitive. ;)

They just announced a Color Run in Baton Rouge. Has anyone ever done one? It looks fun, but $40 for a 5K...where you get hit with paint balls??? Worth it?

Happy trails everyone!

Jeni

What's DDPYoga? Disney Dining Plan Yoga

Liz: DDPYOGA stands for Diamond Dallas Paige Yoga (he use to be a wrestler). It incorporates the stretching of yoga with body/muscle resistance. I have lost double digit weight and several inches in the 3 1/2 weeks I've used it. So far so good!

Way to go Ducks! And good luck to our Princess runners - You're almost there!!!

I am working on convincing the DH that the 2015 Goofy will be worth the cost. He keeps throwing me the "we could take a cruise for that much money and NOT have to run 39.3 miles" argument at me. But I know all I have to do is sign myself up and he'll be with me. He's too competitive. ;)

They just announced a Color Run in Baton Rouge. Has anyone ever done one? It looks fun, but $40 for a 5K...where you get hit with paint balls??? Worth it?

Happy trails everyone!

Jeni

Jeni: The color run is fun, it just gets a little messy. Also I heard our mutual friend want be trying the Goofy or for that fact another full. We will have to work on him about that.

Hope everyone is well

Tim

He wants to ride RnRC again, but doesn't want to ride ToT! :confused3 He'll be doing that one solo unless my husband wants to go with him.

We'll be heading to the Clearwater Aquarium to see Winter the dolphin (from the movie Dolphin Tale) on the 16th.

That should be fun. We were there when Steph was little, before Winter. It's a nice place.

I signed up for another race, doing the Flying Pig half marathon in Cincinnati on May 5th. Debbie is doing this one also, she wanted the shirt.:lmao: This is a new one for us and it is a hilly course. Looks like I need to find some hills to train on. I had a good swim today, managed 2000 yards (80 laps). I was chatting with my old swim coach today and asked him what our swim practice were like and he said we used to do 3500 yards for morning practice and 6500 yards for afternoon practice. The things you could do at 17, I can't imagine swimming that much anymore.
Everyone have a good weekend.

Joe

Also I heard our mutual friend want be trying the Goofy or for that fact another full. We will have to work on him about that.

Hope everyone is well

Tim

We'll get him, Tim. He won't be able to hold out once we all sign up. Then I'll remind him that he'll have to stare at my Goofy medal every day in my office. ;) And way to go on the weight loss!

Ok Augie. I've got an "it's a small world" moment for you.
Back at WDW marathon weekend, do you remember waiting for a bus for DTD at the BW and chatting with a woman? You got on the bus together and she told you about her friend from Long Island with the same accent and you said her friend should do the beer run? You were talking to my friend Beth! She's from Michigan - Liz met her in corral D Sunday morning. I met her from the Passporter boards. I'm typing up a trip report over there and she recognized you in the photo we took at the Contemporary.

It's a small world after all.....:)

DH and I are planning on running the Bay St Louis bridge tomorrow. As part of my goals to improve my form and speed and actually doing Galloway's drills, it was my idea to do the bridge. Hope I remember that when we hit the incline. Hubby is fond of saying "Hills are your friends", to which I often counter with frenemies, bc the downhill sure is nice but the uphill can be brutal!

Ok Augie. I've got an "it's a small world" moment for you.
Back at WDW marathon weekend, do you remember waiting for a bus for DTD at the BW and chatting with a woman? You got on the bus together and she told you about her friend from Long Island with the same accent and you said her friend should do the beer run? You were talking to my friend Beth! She's from Michigan - Liz met her in corral D Sunday morning. I met her from the Passporter boards. I'm typing up a trip report over there and she recognized you in the photo we took at the Contemporary.

It's a small world after all.....:)

Hi Tanya, that's so funny! I do remember the bus ride and telling her about the beer run. She said her friend lives in Port Jeff, where I went to HS. I also remember her texting her friend about the beer run, I wonder if she made it. I wore last year's Half shirt, which got some comments, met a few people that had also just run, one guy had a Goofy shirt on!

Other than the beer race, have not run since Disney. I have swam a bit. Seems I have no problem riding in the cold but still have a hard time running in it. But it will be warmer soon!

Have a great week, everyone!

Hi everyone, is anyone doing the expedition everest challenge 2013? If yes, can I join your group? Traveling solo but would like to meet up with others for dinners and parks and also on race day . Thanks

Augie~Do Goofy in 2014 and 2015! You know you can handle it!

Colleen~You can totally do Goofy 2015! Lots of time to work towards that goal.

Carolynn~Way to go on the running! How is your knee??
I just noticed you've got 2012 in the first line of the first post. ;)
Oh and you can put me down for the 2014 Full and 2015 Goofy.

Jeni~Yay for more Goofy 2015, doers!
I've never done a color run...they sure look like and interesting experience!

Tim~Wow, that yoga sounds like it works great for you!

Joe~Way to go on all the swimming!

Jennie~How'd your bridge run go?

Disney Freak Numero Uno~Hi! I don't know of anyone in this group who is doing EE this year, but you are welcome to join us if you still want to. :)

Unfortunately, our bridge run didn't happen. I am frustrated at my time management. Chili, baking, cake decorating, all took longer than planned, and Saturday was a wash. On Sunday, we stopped for lunch after church, did a few things around the house and then realized if we went to go run the bridge as planned, we'd be late to a function with our Sunday School class -- the reason for the chili and cake. So I guess I will be doing an incline on the treadmill tonight. The lack of downhill reward should be good penance. lol

btw, Welcome DisneyFreakNumeroUno!!!

Liz, did I just read that right? 2014, Full? Followed by another Goofy, 2015?What's gotten in to you? ;)

I should talk, I'm thinking Goofy 2015 as well..... :rolleyes:

Welcome DisneyFreakNumeroUno!!!

I just signed up for the Color Run on April 20th and a Susan G. Komen 5K on March 2nd. Boy - I'm going to have to get a second job for all these race fees!

Welcome DisneyFreakNumeroUno!!!

I just signed up for the Color Run on April 20th and a Susan G. Komen 5K on March 2nd. Boy - I'm going to have to get a second job for all these race fees!

You won't be alone though! Congrats. It IS addictive!

Carolynn -- I think you forgot to add me to marathon weekend for 2014. I'll be doing the 5k and the half. Thanks. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter