Donald at Tusker House Breakfast

I was there last week, and Donald was only available for a picture op (like Cinderella at CRT). We actually missed Donald before we ate because we were directed to follow the couple in front of us, and they went inside the restaurant instead of getting in line (we weren't sure what the line was for at that point), so we did too. After we ate, we realized that Donald didn't come in, so I sent my husband and kids to get in the line to see Donald. They told the CM what happened, and they got their pictures with Donald.

Thank you, everyone for posting...now I just need to decide which breakfast...I hear that TH as a great breakfast...my children want to see Donald (the fact that he doesn't sign autopgraph books stink). If we get an 8am reservation...they will still get to see him and at that point we probably won't have to stand in much of a line (hopefully).

What I dislike are two things...having to stand in line (that's why I am doing a character meal...so I don't have to stand in line) and the picture package...yes, I realize I do not have to purchase it...and I probably wont. But, it seems like every where I turn at Disney...there are additional charges. Again, its my perogative to purchase or participate in the events that require the extra charges...but, I am paying a lot for this vacation...I just hate having to pay extra for Sp. of Aloha, or CRT or for MNSSHP, etc. KWIM??

We are going to do CRT and Sp. of Aloha...and that will be all regarding the extra spending on this trip...we will wait for our next trip and then pay out extra for some other fun activity. I just wish we can do it all.

Thanks again for your responses.

I didn't realize this was a new format for the Tusker House breakfast. We were there about 3 weeks ago for our first time and I thought it was a little strange that he only posed for pics and didn't come to the tables. It didn't even occur to me at the time, but no he didn't sign autographs either. My kids had already seen Donald at Chef Mickey's, then later that day we saw him at Camp Minnie Mickey, then we saw him AGAIN at the Cape May Character breakfast later in the week, so we didn't even get our books out.

We were there at Christmas and Donald did not come around to tables. He was only taking pictures outside the restaurant the whole time. I don't know if it's always like this or not.

This isn't the only restaurant that has one character greeting people. I know Akershus has Belle greeting people at the front and does not come around for pictures.

I think I read that CRT is the same way with Cinderella. I haven't actually tried this meal myself, though. Hopefully, we will try it in a few years! :)

Off the top of my head those are the only two besides Tusker House that do that, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

This isn't the only restaurant that has one character greeting people. I know Akershus has Belle greeting people at the front and does not come around for pictures.

I think I read that CRT is the same way with Cinderella. I haven't actually tried this meal myself, though. Hopefully, we will try it in a few years! :)

Off the top of my head those are the only two besides Tusker House that do that, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Yup, we have already discussed both of those, but the difference is that the photos are included with your meal. For Donald, that is not the case, and they also don't allow autographs. Both Akershus and CRT allow autographs - we have eaten at both many times.

Hopefully, this is not the way of character meals for the future...Tiger

Yup, we have already discussed both of those, but the difference is that the photos are included with your meal. For Donald, that is not the case, and they also don't allow autographs. Both Akershus and CRT allow autographs - we have eaten at both many times.

Hopefully, this is not the way of character meals for the future...Tiger

Huh.. That's different.. When we were at Akershus last month, Belle wasn't signing autographs while she was greeting. I don't know why that was, though. Our son forgot his autograph book so it didn't bother us, but the family in front of us was none too pleased.

Huh.. That's different.. When we were at Akershus last month, Belle wasn't signing autographs while she was greeting. I don't know why that was, though. Our son forgot his autograph book so it didn't bother us, but the family in front of us was none too pleased.

Was just there 6 days ago - the CM reminded everyone in line to get autograph books ready. We have been here a million times, so no autographs for us this time, but many other children did so.

Not sure what the problem was when you were there? Tiger

Wow I'm glad I didn't book it this trip, we've been there 2 times and we loved it but couldn't fit it in this trip. I would have been so sad not to see Donald at the table.

It's disapointing that Disney's changed a winning formula, Tusker House was the best character breakfast IMO and now they've ruined the whole thing by making it so impersonal. I feel bad for the kids who'l never get to experience the fun that made it one of our favorites! :sad2:

It's disapointing that Disney's changed a winning formula, Tusker House was the best character breakfast IMO and now they've ruined the whole thing by making it so impersonal. I feel bad for the kids who'l never get to experience the fun that made it one of our favorites! :sad2:

I think they still having a winning formula with Tusker House. There was nothing impersonal about our breakfast, we all had a blast, the food was fabulous and the characters were wonderful! We honestly didn't know that it had ever been any different. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter