• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Donald and Daisy Dive into Disney (A Very Belated Honeymoon)

Yes, we have park hoppers of course! I don't understand not having them because it opens you up so much more if plans fall through or a park is to busy or any of that. Not to mention I've never had it any other way so I'd probably hate it. lol. I'm not big on change, which is kind of funny to me since I move about every six months. I'm getting better at it though. Mother in law jokes and says it means I'm growing up lol

Yes, we have park hoppers of course! I don't understand not having them because it opens you up so much more if plans fall through or a park is to busy or any of that. Not to mention I've never had it any other way so I'd probably hate it. lol. I'm not big on change, which is kind of funny to me since I move about every six months. I'm getting better at it though. Mother in law jokes and says it means I'm growing up lol

Honestly, I can't imagine not having hoppers either, even though we really didn't hop much last time. Especially considering that you might just not want to spend you entire day in one place, or you might want to eat somewhere besides the park you've been at.

I can't imagine moving that often.......the farthest I've ever moved from home was about 3 hours from here when I was accepted to graduate school. However, we weren't there for very long because that's when we found out that we were getting Anna, and we decided it would be better to be close to family, especially since we didn't know anyone there, and DH was gone A LOT then for work. Much more than he is now. Aside from that, even for college, I've lived in pretty much a 15 mile vicinity of the house I grew up in.

I don't mind the traveling in the aspect that we get to see and do a lot of fun things, but I do miss family and friends of course! Leaving my wiener dog Zoey always tears a hole in my heart to because she really knows how to lay the guilt on ya. I'm all excited tonight b/c we've been looking at pins and I've been chatting back and fourth with you all day. Getting pretty hyped up for the trip! :banana: Oh another thing I forgot to write on your trippie was I loved the princess minnie anna had...I have her too! Hehe. I love minnie and the princesses so that was pretty much a no brainer. princess: I was just telling Matt I am going to try to take pictures of our pin boards tomorrow and our traders for the trip so I can start a pre tr. We'll see if this happens...I have a lot of talk and little action sometimes, but I think I will just because I won't be working much so I need to do something to make time pass. I know we are doing breakfast at CP and dinner at CRT. Those are the only two I can remember off hand. Living in Va isn't bad...it has its perks...like it was 60 today so I had the windows open to air out the apartment...it was pretty stale from us being away for the few weeks. Also a nice change from the freezing weather we had at home. :thumbsup2 Sorry I'm totally blowing up your pre trippie. Hehe.

I don't mind the traveling in the aspect that we get to see and do a lot of fun things, but I do miss family and friends of course! Leaving my wiener dog Zoey always tears a hole in my heart to because she really knows how to lay the guilt on ya. I'm all excited tonight b/c we've been looking at pins and I've been chatting back and fourth with you all day. Getting pretty hyped up for the trip! :banana: Oh another thing I forgot to write on your trippie was I loved the princess minnie anna had...I have her too! Hehe. I love minnie and the princesses so that was pretty much a no brainer. princess: I was just telling Matt I am going to try to take pictures of our pin boards tomorrow and our traders for the trip so I can start a pre tr. We'll see if this happens...I have a lot of talk and little action sometimes, but I think I will just because I won't be working much so I need to do something to make time pass. I know we are doing breakfast at CP and dinner at CRT. Those are the only two I can remember off hand. Living in Va isn't bad...it has its perks...like it was 60 today so I had the windows open to air out the apartment...it was pretty stale from us being away for the few weeks. Also a nice change from the freezing weather we had at home. :thumbsup2 Sorry I'm totally blowing up your pre trippie. Hehe.

Don't apologize, I'm enjoying it :thumbsup2 . It's making me really excited too! Anna is princess crazy, so that Minnie was pretty much a given for her too. Maybe tomorrow I'll take a picture of the girls' room for you.......it's princess crazy......even the crib bedding is Disney princess. It's about as girly as you can get.

I'm jealous of the 60 degree weather.......it was 40 here today, but with the wind chill, it was probably closer to 20. I'm not a big fan of the cold or the wind, which is not good for someone who has lived their entire life in Kansas. I would rather deal with the humidity that we had in Disney than the cold that we get all too often here. DH tries every year to get me to help him and Anna make a snowman, but he's yet to actually get me to do it.

Just wanted to check in this evening.......I'm going to try to go to bed early tonight and maybe actually get a decent's night sleep. Anna had dance class this evening, so I'm afraid I didn't get anything post today. I'll try to get the rest of our itinerary posted tomorrow.

Lets see if we can get the itinerary finished up. Today is exactly two weeks from our arrival date, and I can't wait :cool1: .

Monday, Jan. 26--DHS
This is our Hollywood Studios day. Fantasmic was only scheduled for two days during our trip, and I wanted to make sure that we see it. Hopefully nothing will happen with the weather because I really love that show.

*11:00-Sci Fi Drive In Lunch--Although I know the reviews aren't great here, I still think the atmosphere looks fun, and we're ok as long as the have a decent burger.
*4:00-Brown Derby Fantasmic Package Dinner--This was the only place that had reservations left for the Fantasmic Package. Although it's not really a place that I was really interested in, I still figured that it was best to have the special seating for Fantasmic.
*7:00 Fantasmic

Tuesday, Jan. 27--Probably Magic Kingdom
This is our last full day, and we'll probably spend most of it at the Magic Kingdom. Since this is our last full day, we might have to do some park hopping if there's anything that we've missed.

*8:00-Breakfast at Chef Mickey's--We had dinner here on our last trip, and I enjoyed it. Since we're staying at the Contemporary, it would make for a nice breakfast that wouldn't really require us to get up very early.
*1:00-Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern--DH is a HUGE fan of mozzarella sticks, and I've seen several pictures of the fried cheese here. Although I wasn't really sure about having three ADRs in one day, I figured this would be better than having to wait in a ridiculously long line to get counter service for lunch.
*7:10-California Grill dinner--We tried to do this last time, but we ended up cancelling it, so I wanted to make sure that we get to do it this time. I scheduled the reservation so that we'll be able to watch Wishes at 8:00.

Wednesday, Jan. 28
This is our departure day, so we haven't scheduled anything early because we knew we'd be trying to get everything together so that we could check out on time.

*10:40-Breakfast at Ohana--We loved this last time, and Stitch is DH's favorite, so we figured it would be a nice way to end our trip.
*Aside from that, I'm not sure what else we'll be doing. Our limo is scheduled to pick us up at 2:30 to take us back to the airport :sad1: .

Aww don't make the sad face...you haven't even gotten to disney left. I hate the day before the last day though when you come back to your room and there are magical express tags on your door telling you when you have to leave the next day. Well you guys won't have those since your taking the limo, but we always take magical express and i always dread that darn tag! At least this time when I see it I can think to myself, hey tomorrow you are getting on the disney magic so cheer up! :banana: Very uneventful day here at work...I have only been her a few hours and I am about to leave. Dh thought he needed me for more, but turns out he didn't so I am going to leave here in a few and hopefully go get my tan on and then go home and get on the treadmill and hoping to do a mile again today. We'll see what happens...i'm feeling awfully sleepy. Hope your morning went more smoothly today and that you got some sleep! :thumbsup2

Aww don't make the sad face...you haven't even gotten to disney left. I hate the day before the last day though when you come back to your room and there are magical express tags on your door telling you when you have to leave the next day. Well you guys won't have those since your taking the limo, but we always take magical express and i always dread that darn tag! At least this time when I see it I can think to myself, hey tomorrow you are getting on the disney magic so cheer up! :banana: Very uneventful day here at work...I have only been her a few hours and I am about to leave. Dh thought he needed me for more, but turns out he didn't so I am going to leave here in a few and hopefully go get my tan on and then go home and get on the treadmill and hoping to do a mile again today. We'll see what happens...i'm feeling awfully sleepy. Hope your morning went more smoothly today and that you got some sleep! :thumbsup2

I did have a much better morning today. Addy and I took a friend of mine to lunch that's having issues with her significant other. She needed someone to talk to, and it gets me out of the house so the day goes quicker.

Did you go tanning? I probably should because I am about as white as they come, but I burn very easily too, so I'm afraid to try a tanning booth.

sci-fi is good as long as you stick to the basics: burgers, fries and shakes. we ate there last trip (for the 2nd time) and i got a burger with mushrooms, onions and swiss cheese and it was GOOD!!!! and both ray and i had a shake called marsha's martian (it has alcohol in it) and it was one of the best shakes i've ever had!

WOW! Three pages in already. I just caught up. When you do the Buy 4 get 3 deal does it pay for three days of dining too? That would be cool. Make sure you use up every credit! If you end up with extras use them for room service. That takes 2 credits but it's better than wasting the credits on a counter service. (Plus room service gratuities are included in the plan) :woohoo:

I love the pop up book. GREAT idea! The girls will LOVE that! Try to go right when they open. Heather got in fast that way.

Love your planner books too. I do those myself. I started doing them for each trip since 2006. It's a great keepsake.

I did have a much better morning today. Addy and I took a friend of mine to lunch that's having issues with her significant other. She needed someone to talk to, and it gets me out of the house so the day goes quicker.

Did you go tanning? I probably should because I am about as white as they come, but I burn very easily too, so I'm afraid to try a tanning booth.

Its always good when you can get out of the house or the apartment in my case. I didn't go tanning actually because I forgot I had to take perla home from work because Matt wasn't coming home right after work he had to go to the chiropractor, but hopefully I can go today. I worked in a salon for almost five years, but I didn't tan a lot of that...it seems like I do it more now that I don't work there, which dosen't say much b/c I don't go religiously. Basically whenever I feel like I need a little boost. As long as I have a bit of color i'm happy. I'm not one of those people that go so much they look like a leather hand bag, but I really don't want to be burning in the bahamas on the cruise so I need to be going more than I usually would. If you tanned slowly you'd be okay I'm sure. I used to have people come in and start them out at as little as 3 minutes in a 20 min bed. I'm not saying you have to...I am normally very white too...disney isn't as bad b/c your in and out of buildings, but i was tan when we went on the cruise in july and I still burnt a little so thats why I'm doing it. I didn't do the treadmill yesterday either:( I was so tired for some reason...so I went to bed at nine...didn't fall asleep until about 11 and got up at 9:15 this morning. So I'm a lot less tired today. Yay! :banana:

sci-fi is good as long as you stick to the basics: burgers, fries and shakes. we ate there last trip (for the 2nd time) and i got a burger with mushrooms, onions and swiss cheese and it was GOOD!!!! and both ray and i had a shake called marsha's martian (it has alcohol in it) and it was one of the best shakes i've ever had!

I had read that in several other posts as well, so that's pretty much what I was planning on. I like burgers, so it doesn't bother me any. Plus, the spinach dip they have as an appetizer looks really good (I love that stuff). I have looked at the menu, and several of the alcoholic milkshakes look pretty yummy :lovestruc .

WOW! Three pages in already. I just caught up. When you do the Buy 4 get 3 deal does it pay for three days of dining too? That would be cool. Make sure you use up every credit! If you end up with extras use them for room service. That takes 2 credits but it's better than wasting the credits on a counter service. (Plus room service gratuities are included in the plan) :woohoo:

I love the pop up book. GREAT idea! The girls will LOVE that! Try to go right when they open. Heather got in fast that way.

Love your planner books too. I do those myself. I started doing them for each trip since 2006. It's a great keepsake.

The deal didn't cover the dining. Just the hotel and the tickets. However, it was enough for us to keep the deluxe dining plan while moving from Pop to the Contemporary and not really spend any more money. We were really excited because we didn't think we'd be able to afford a deluxe resort. Plus, it will be great to be that close to the Magic Kingdom.

I think that pop up book is so cute! Both of the girls love pop up books, we have several at home, so I'm hoping it will be a hit. We have a prior to park opening ADR at Crystal Palace, so maybe we'll be able to finish up and get over to Toontown right away.

Honestly, I love the planning part. It's fun for me. I've gotten so many ideas from the DISboards, and I know our trips are better because of it.

Its always good when you can get out of the house or the apartment in my case. I didn't go tanning actually because I forgot I had to take perla home from work because Matt wasn't coming home right after work he had to go to the chiropractor, but hopefully I can go today. I worked in a salon for almost five years, but I didn't tan a lot of that...it seems like I do it more now that I don't work there, which dosen't say much b/c I don't go religiously. Basically whenever I feel like I need a little boost. As long as I have a bit of color i'm happy. I'm not one of those people that go so much they look like a leather hand bag, but I really don't want to be burning in the bahamas on the cruise so I need to be going more than I usually would. If you tanned slowly you'd be okay I'm sure. I used to have people come in and start them out at as little as 3 minutes in a 20 min bed. I'm not saying you have to...I am normally very white too...disney isn't as bad b/c your in and out of buildings, but i was tan when we went on the cruise in july and I still burnt a little so thats why I'm doing it. I didn't do the treadmill yesterday either:( I was so tired for some reason...so I went to bed at nine...didn't fall asleep until about 11 and got up at 9:15 this morning. So I'm a lot less tired today. Yay! :banana:

If we ever make it on a cruise, which I hope we do sometime, I'll definitely try to do a little tanning first. It's a bit embarrassing to go out in the summer as pale as I am. Last year, even over the entire summer, and we went swimming a lot, I barely even got a tan line from my swimsuit.

Today I'm going to take the girls to go walking with a friend. It's nice because we get to visit too, and sometimes we don't get to see each other a whole lot because she's often busy with her boyfriend.

I was ridiculously tired all day today because Addy decided to get up at 5:45, and I hadn't slept well anyway. I told DH he better be ready to help with the girls this weekend because when I'm by myself with them all week like this, I get a little crazy and nned a break :thumbsup2 .

Less than two weeks left, and it just can't go fast enough for me. DH finally got home at about 3 am last night after being gone the whole week, so that always helps. Hopefully this weekend I'll figure out exactly how I'm going to do the transfers for each of the shirts. The shirts are washed and ready to go, so I just have to get the transfers printed and ironed on. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

Has anyone been to any of the pin events? We're just getting into the pins, but they're having an event at the Contemporary while we're there, and we thought it might be fun to check it out.

I hope you are getting your break this weekend and that you get to relax a bit. I slept horribly last night, but still got up a little early today. So kudos to me. I slept for two hours then was awake for almost three and finally fell back asleep. Ugg. Was it you that told me you were going to go see Marley and Me? I read a blog too where the girl was talking about going to the movies so I can't remember if its you. Sorry! Have a good one! :goodvibes

I hope you are getting your break this weekend and that you get to relax a bit. I slept horribly last night, but still got up a little early today. So kudos to me. I slept for two hours then was awake for almost three and finally fell back asleep. Ugg. Was it you that told me you were going to go see Marley and Me? I read a blog too where the girl was talking about going to the movies so I can't remember if its you. Sorry! Have a good one! :goodvibes

I just got done posting on your report........DH was snoring last night, and I didn't get much sleep either :sad2: .

I am going to see Marley and Me with a friend today. It's supposed to be pretty good, and it's not very often that I get to go out all by myself to do something with a friend.

I just got done posting on your report........DH was snoring last night, and I didn't get much sleep either :sad2: .

I am going to see Marley and Me with a friend today. It's supposed to be pretty good, and it's not very often that I get to go out all by myself to do something with a friend.

I miss my friends:( I hope you have fun! I just got that book while I was home so hopefully I'll read it soon. I have a container full of books...I am addicted to books...I go to the book store and read the backs and if I think it sounds good then I buy it. So I have others ahead of Marley and Me. Right now I am reading True Believer by Nicholas Sparks. I love Nicholas sparks! I've been reading this book for about a month though...usually I read his faster, but I have been so busy and the print is small and I never wear my bifocals like I am suppose to so its taking a while to read haha. Let me know how you like the movie though...I want to see it, but was afraid they'd ruin it b/c usually the movie isn't as good as the book.

I miss my friends:( I hope you have fun! I just got that book while I was home so hopefully I'll read it soon. I have a container full of books...I am addicted to books...I go to the book store and read the backs and if I think it sounds good then I buy it. So I have others ahead of Marley and Me. Right now I am reading True Believer by Nicholas Sparks. I love Nicholas sparks! I've been reading this book for about a month though...usually I read his faster, but I have been so busy and the print is small and I never wear my bifocals like I am suppose to so its taking a while to read haha. Let me know how you like the movie though...I want to see it, but was afraid they'd ruin it b/c usually the movie isn't as good as the book.

I love Nicholas Sparks too. I've read several of his books. I really enjoy reading, but since Addy was born, I don't have a lot of time anymore. I did make it through all four of the Twilight books in one week, but that's just because I couldn't put them down :). I haven't read the book for Marley and Me, but I might have to get a hold of it. I usually try to read the book before the movie too, but then I make DH crazy because I sit there at the movie, and I'm like, "That wasn't in the book", or "They left so much out!" It makes him a little crazy :crazy: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter