• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Don' Leave Your Balloons Behind!!

263a2879

Mouseketeer
Just a tip...I always buy my daughters the beautiful (expensive) balloons from the parks and instead of leaving them behind, I carefully undo the string and let the air out of them and then fold them up and pack them in our suitcase. Once we get home, we fill them back up with helium and they honestly last a couple months!

I used to hang mine up on my bedroom walls when I was little. I kept them for years!

I've always wanted a Mickey balloon from MK, but recently I got to thinking... What do you do with them when you're on the rides?

Sadly, we've tried that each and everytime and they have never re-inflated well. They are always flat by the end of the 1st night at home. We've tried several different party stores for the refill but always the same result.

We dont have kids but still buy balloons....we give them to other kids before we leave

We used to stop by the lobby and find someone just checking in with a small child. I would let my daughter choose somebody to gift it to. It was nice to spread a small bit of magic on our way out of town.

I've always wanted a Mickey balloon from MK, but recently I got to thinking... What do you do with them when you're on the rides?

Exactly. :) Once you're beyond the stroller stage, there's nowhere to put it if you go on a ride. And even if you have a stroller, if you're like me you won't leave anything on it, so again, where does it go?

I had promised DS and myself that we would buy a balloon on our last trip, and it was almost the last thing we did the last night we were there. We enjoyed it that last few hours, then while packing the next morning we deflated it. I figure those few hours were worth it, because we had both really wanted a balloon.

But...turns out the real enjoyment, for us at least, is seeing other people carrying them. Because you can't see yours when you are carrying it, and where's the fun in that? So if others buy them, I'm good, because my eyes get enjoyment from it and I don't have to spend money or worry I'm hitting people with it, etc etc.

My favorite balloons are the ones with the Mickey head balloon inside another balloon. I've always wanted one, but will never buy one!

We bought my daughter the Mylar, Mickey shaped balloon the first time we took her there. She was 7. We deflated the balloon and brought it home and hung it on the wall in her bedroom. Last year we were painting her room and my wife took it down and was going to throw it out. I took it and hung it up in our spare "computer" room. I couldn't get rid of it. By the way...my daughter is 23. :goodvibes

A great idea to suprise the kids at home by filling them with new helium! :thumbsup2

I have a little Disney-Balloon-Story:

When we checked out the last time my girlfriend (26 at this time) wanted to have a balloon and the CM behind the check-in gave her one. She was like "I NEED A BALLOON - NOW!!!!!!!:furious::furious::furious:"

I got a little bit angry and also jealous of this balloon because she gave "him" (Mr. Balloon, that is what we called him) a lot of attention, more than I ever expected someone could give to a balloon.

Well, Mr. Balloon rode with us the DME to the airport and at that point I said: "You can not take Mr. Balloon with you on the aircraft!!"

She was not interested in my opinion...even the security handled Mr. Balloon with a lot of care. We first had a flight to Detroit, Mr. Balloon was fine! Imagine everyone was quiet during the flight and Mr. Balloon was just bumping around the ceiling..........everyone stared at him with joy. I still was very annoyed.

Then the next flight was back to Germany. My girlfriend was told to put Mr. Balloon into the boxes above us, he was OK with that.

When we arrived in Germany he was a little bit deformed because of the pressure during the flight. He looked rather odd and I started to like Mr. Balloon. This was ridiculous, I will never ever touch a Disney Balloon again!! I don't like them after this experience, even if I started to tolerate Mr. Balloon after all.

He lost all of his pressure a few days later.

We bought my daughter the Mylar, Mickey shaped balloon the first time we took her there. She was 7. We deflated the balloon and brought it home and hung it on the wall in her bedroom. Last year we were painting her room and my wife took it down and was going to throw it out. I took it and hung it up in our spare "computer" room. I couldn't get rid of it. By the way...my daughter is 23. :goodvibes

That is so sweet! :goodvibes

My daughter loves balloons! We always buy one on our first day, on our way back to our resort.

Then, on our last day, she finds another child to pass the balloon to.

It's one of our favorite traditions! :)

MK is always the first park we visit. When we leave for the night, we buy the kids their balloons that first night. Then, they get to enjoy their balloons in the room for the next 9-10 nights. :goodvibes

I have little kids and a stroller, and attaching them to the stroller sucks. The wind blows them into your face and smacks you.

In any case, we go to MK, enjoy the park, and buy them on the way out. Then leave them in the room to play with there until we go home.

So sweet, I teared up reading that. My daughters first trip was last year, she was 1. I wanted to get a balloon then and didn't because I thought we would just throw it away after it deflated. You have changed my mind. We are going in a couple weeks and getting one this time! :goodvibes

My DD gives it to a random kid the night before we leave. We have bought a balloon every trip and will prolly keep doing it.

So sweet, I teared up reading that. My daughters first trip was last year, she was 1. I wanted to get a balloon then and didn't because I thought we would just throw it away after it deflated. You have changed my mind. We are going in a couple weeks and getting one this time! :goodvibes
Same here! I teared up at that story too! My DD7 always wants one of the balloons with the Mickey head inside and we haven't gotten one. We'll pick up one the first night when we are there in about a month!! Sweet balloon stories! Who da' thunk we would all be tearing up over a balloon!!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Great stories! I enjoy looking at all the balloons! My DD has a latex allergy so balloons are a No NO for her and us! She can have a mylar balloon. Last year mousekeeping left a beautiful balloon clear with a pink Mickey head inside! When I asked where it came from she said another family had left it in the room and she decided to regift it to my DD! So thoughtful! :thumbsup2 I did not want to hurt her feelings so my DS found another child to pass it along to! :) We were staying at the WL! So, that balloon made a lot of people smile! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter