Don Imus in trouble again?

okeydokey

Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...n-with-latest-race-comment?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39002

NEW YORK (AP) - Don Imus has once again injected race into his radio show.

During an on-air conversation Monday about the arrests of suspended Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, Imus asked, "What color is he?"

Told by sports announcer Warner Wolf that Jones is "African-American," Imus responded: "There you go. Now we know."

Civil rights leader Al Sharpton issued a statement calling the exchange disturbing "because it plays into stereotypes." He says his National Action Network was still deciding how to respond.

Imus was fired from his previous show last year after he made a racially charged comment about the Rutgers women's basketball team.

Representatives for Imus and WABC Radio haven't returned calls.

:worried: :mad: what a fool....
he got a second chance when most do not!!
and when a pattern emerges it is hard to say it was just a mistake...or said for simply shock value....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...n-with-latest-race-comment?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39002

NEW YORK (AP) - Don Imus has once again injected race into his radio show.

During an on-air conversation Monday about the arrests of suspended Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, Imus asked, "What color is he?"

Told by sports announcer Warner Wolf that Jones is "African-American," Imus responded: "There you go. Now we know."

Civil rights leader Al Sharpton issued a statement calling the exchange disturbing "because it plays into stereotypes." He says his National Action Network was still deciding how to respond.

Imus was fired from his previous show last year after he made a racially charged comment about the Rutgers women's basketball team.

Representatives for Imus and WABC Radio haven't returned calls.

Wow, some people just never learn

He needs a pr person that comes out and says....

"What Mr. Imus meant to say is...." :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I saw this story about two hours ago and thought, here we go again, another summer of Imus, Sharpton, and a media frenzy. I can't believe Imus was that stupid to wander into another mine field again. This is beyond stupid and he's given Sharpton another golden opportunity to take another whack at him and make no mistake about it, Sharpton will succeed this time, IMO, of course.;)

Imus got lucky the last time and not only got paid in full the remainder of his old contract, got the summer off, and scored an even bigger contract from another radio broadcast company. If this turns into another media and public relations nightmare, I don't think he can weather the storm out on this one. This week will be an interesting one, that's for sure.

Edited to add: I'm in no way defending what Imus has said and can't believe he was that stupid.

I saw this story about two hours ago and thought, here we go again, another summer of Imus, Sharpton, and a media frenzy. I can't believe Imus was that stupid to wander into another mine field again. This is beyond stupid and he's given Sharpton another golden opportunity to take another whack at him and make no mistake about it, Sharpton will succeed this time, IMO, of course.;)

Imus got lucky the last time and not only got paid in full the remainder of his old contract, got the summer off, and scored an even bigger contract from another radio broadcast company. If this turns into another media and public relations nightmare, I don't think he can weather the storm out on this one. This week will be an interesting one, that's for sure.

I hope he's gone for good this time.:wizard:

Edited to add: I'm in no way defending what Imus has said and can't believe he was that stupid.

Wander in??? He jumped in feet first !!!

I am not a sharpton fan...but what Imus said about those girls was horrible and now this....
Imus deserves whatever sharpton throws at him.....

I hope he's gone for good this time.:wizard:

Anyone that stupid deserves what punishment he gets. Of course he will say he was misquoted and people are out to get him, etc, etc. What is the old saying?

Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me.

Imus becomes the "topic" rather than the thug who was arrested for a shooting at a night club and has a history of six arrests. The Dallas Cowboys have earned the name, the "Dallas Convicts" for a reason. Should he have asked what color he was? Probably not but the bigger concern to me are NFL criminals who make zillions of dollars and get to keep their jobs despite their criminal history.

On Monday’s show, Imus and Wolf were discussing Jones’ request Saturday that people stop using his nickname. Wolf explained Jones was suspended from the NFL following a shooting at a Las Vegas nightclub, and he added that Jones had been “arrested six times since being drafted by Tennessee in 2005.”

Imus’ next words were, “What color is he?” If the answer was "he is white", would anyone have noticed?

Imus becomes the "topic" rather than the thug who was arrested for a shooting at a night club and has a history of six arrests. The Dallas Cowboys have earned the name, the "Dallas Convicts" for a reason. Should he have asked what color he was? Probably not but the bigger concern to me are NFL criminals who make zillions of dollars and get to keep their jobs despite their criminal history.

On Monday’s show, Imus and Wolf were discussing Jones’ request Saturday that people stop using his nickname. Wolf explained Jones was suspended from the NFL following a shooting at a Las Vegas nightclub, and he added that Jones had been “arrested six times since being drafted by Tennessee in 2005.”

Imus’ next words were, “What color is he?”
:offtopic:
Just like the dis.....many topics can be discussed at the same time...one does not make the other any less valid.....

and we need intelligent conversation about the NFL isues ..not racist babble ....

Imus’ next words were, “What color is he?”

So we have two idiots here, Jones and Imus. They should both be fired.

Imus’ next words were, “What color is he?” If the answer was "he is white", would anyone have noticed?

If Jones were white, would Imus had noticed, cared or commented on it?

Ugh. Now I have to pick a side with Don Imus on my left and Al Sharpton on my right? I can't go either way. I'm jumping off the building.

They're both horrid people. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the two of them cooked this up together just to get themselves some publicity.

It does say a lot about a person when you tell them a story about something and they ask what color the person was. It used to surprise me, but now I just do a mental eyeroll.

So we have two idiots here, Jones and Imus. They should both be fired.

Then Al Sharpton should be fired because he has a history of stirring the racial pot. I have heard a lot of black comedians who should be fired as well for telling "white jokes". If one listens to Imus, and I haven't heard him in years, one expects a certain type of discourse. If you listen to Howard Stern, you expect a certain type of discourse. It is what it is. If one doesn't like it, they can turn it off. I do not like vulgar, suggestive radio, so I would never listen to Stern. Let the market place decide. Lets not have the PC police and Sharpton, who has no moral authority start screaming for blood again. Jones is not a scholar athlete like the Rutgers girls. He is a repeat offender. I don't care if he is purple.

Apparently he didn't know so I presume that is why he asked. I didn't know.
You have to ask yourself why someone would ask such a question. What difference could it possibly make?

I don't know a thing about football. I hate football. I do know that a lot of these athletes are not the sort of people I'd associate with and discouraged my kids from using them as role models (though you can only do so much...and I admit to buying a Michael Vick poster, it was Christmas, sue me).

So, I can't discuss the football people and don't wish to.

But that "What color was he?" question says a lot more about the person asking it than the race of people who have the skin.

Then Al Sharpton should be fired because he has a history of stirring the racial pot. I have heard a lot of black comedians who should be fired as well for telling "white jokes". If one listens to Imus, and I haven't heard him in years, one expects a certain type of discourse. If you listen to Howard Stern, you expect a certain type of discourse. It is what it is. If one doesn't like it, they can turn it off. I do not like vulgar, suggestive radio, so I would never listen to Stern. Let the market place decide. Lets not have the PC police and Sharpton, who has no moral authority start screaming for blood again. Jones is not a scholar athlete like the Rutgers girls. He is a repeat offender. I don't care if he is purple.

You're defending Imus??:lmao:

You're defending Imus??:lmao:

No I am not. I just think that there are too many people willing to make a big deal out of what happens everyday in the entertainment industry on both sides of the fence.

You have to ask yourself why someone would ask such a question. What difference could it possibly make?

I don't know a thing about football. I hate football. I do know that a lot of these athletes are not the sort of people I'd associate with and discouraged my kids from using them as role models (though you can only do so much...and I admit to buying a Michael Vick poster, it was Christmas, sue me).

So, I can't discuss the football people and don't wish to.

But that "What color was he?" question says a lot more about the person asking it than the race of people who have the skin.

There are no shining beacons of virtue here on either side of the story. Not Jones, not Imus. If one listens to Imus, expect a rude, irreverent comment. That is what he does. That is what Stern does. Don't like it, turn it off. I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter