Don’t you turn that commercial- it’s my 30 second Disney fix! TR Link Posted

:woohoo: on 4 days! And you seem to be missing some numbers. :p Is it new math you're doing? ;) :lmao::rotfl2:

Fingers are crossed for low crowds so you'll have plenty of time to get in what you need to!

:rotfl2:yeah, it's called iPhone math! It was much easier to just delete the items I completed than write done at the end of the lines and them highlite it and change colors.

Tonight I'm playing around with touring plans. I think that we have so much we want to do at DHS we need one to fit in the shows. I hope the crowds are mild enough to not need them otherwise. But it never hurts to be prepared in case.

Because I'm such a procrastinator, I keep trying to convince myself that we are leaving a day early. It doesn't seem to be working though.

Did you figure out if your dd figured it out?

:rotfl2:yeah, it's called iPhone math! It was much easier to just delete the items I completed than write done at the end of the lines and them highlite it and change colors.

Tonight I'm playing around with touring plans. I think that we have so much we want to do at DHS we need one to fit in the shows. I hope the crowds are mild enough to not need them otherwise. But it never hurts to be prepared in case.

Because I'm such a procrastinator, I keep trying to convince myself that we are leaving a day early. It doesn't seem to be working though.

Did you figure out if your dd figured it out?

Oh, I'm trained in iPhone math, too! :lmao:

A touring plan is always awesome to have, but even better when its not needed. I'm worried about getting everything done at DHS on my visit as well. We only get 1 day, so we have to make it count. :sad2:

If you get the "convince self to leave day early" thing to work, hook us up! :thumbsup2

And from what I can tell DD is clueless. :banana::banana::banana:

TWO DAYS!!! :banana::banana::banana:

And ...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! :flower3:

Thank you! And happy mother day to you too!

I'm glad your dd hasn't figured it out yet. As for me, I'm glad we told them. There is too much running around going on here. There is no way that she wouldn't have figured out something is up!

3) pack
5) check show schedules for updates (Saturday)
8) finalize notes for my "binder"
11) bank
12) bills
13) sew a spot on my bathing suit seam
14) finalize touring plans (and hope its slow enough i wont need them!)
18) online airport checkin

here's what I have left now.

2 days!

Weather report has changed a bit. There are now quite a few days showing thunderstorms- 30 to 60 percent. I'm hoping that these are just the normal Florida afternoon popups. Pray with me that this is all it is!

And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all my readers!

now it stands as
92, sunny
93, sunny
92, 40% scattered thunderstorms
91, sunny

i know it rains in Florida, but i REALLY hope we don't have too much during our trip. I am so over rain at home right now! its been changing some every day so i'm not panicking yet.

Does anyone have experience with the parks in rain or thunderstorms? i was wondering what rides or shows are likely to be stopped?

I'm assuming most everything outdoors if there is lightning?

I"m assuming test track and lights motor action for any amount of rain. is there anything else that closes for light rain?

Hi! WOW -- You leave TOMORROW!!!!!!

:cool1: :dance3: :cool1: :dance3: :cool1: :dance3: :cool1:

Everytime that I've been to Disney, with the exception of 2009, it has rained or stormed at some point! My parents also had rain/storms on their trip the past 2 years. Honestly, mostly it just passes through very quickly! The one day of our trip last June, there was a 70% of thunderstorms. Of course it began to storm DURING the parade at MK, which I was super disappointed about, but it ended up working out fine. We stood in Frontierland & you could actually see lightning bolts right behind Splash Mountain! :eek:

They made some minor adjustments to the parade -- I noticed when I looked through my mom's September pictures & compared them to ours from June! Basically, they still had characters on the floats, but they eliminated the walking characters between the floats. I also noticed that the parade seemed to move quicker than usual! :laughing:

They do shut down rides/shows for lightning, but they don't always shut down everything. Usually everyone does the same exact thing -- hightail it to the nearest gift shop or quick-service restaurant!!! Right after the parade ended (it wasn't raining during the parade, only sporatic lightning) it began to POUR! Well, everyone went to either Cosmic Ray's or the Emporium. We were near the Christmas Shop at MK so we went in there. It was nice to look around for a few minutes, but it was soooo crowded in there. So if it does start raining, try to go into a large gift shop! :lmao:

When I was a child, there was a huge storm & it rained almost every single day of our trip. But honestly, I don't really remember those things when I think of our trip! We were still able to have a really, really great time!!! So don't stress too much over it! The majority of Florida storms pass through quickly & they reopen the rides fairly quickly. We went over to POC right after the parade & they weren't letting people in because of the storm. The CM said they might close it for a few hours, she wasn't sure. We just sat & waited on a bench right outside (just in case it reopened & to take a little break!) and we ended up having an almost walk-on! I think alot of people leave the park or go to eat once a storm comes along. And alot of the time, if you're one of the first people in line, you can have a walk-on because it takes awhile for people to realize the ride has reopened! :goodvibes

I hope that helps you! Honestly, like I said, I've had rainstorms every single trip & they've never phased me at all! We've always been able to fit all the rides/shows in that we wanted to see & we usually take our time walking around the parks so we aren't rushing to see/do everything.

:flower3: Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!! :flower3:

3) pack
5) check show schedules for updates (Saturday)
8) finalize notes for my "binder"
11) bank
12) bills
13) sew a spot on my bathing suit seam
14) finalize touring plans (and hope its slow enough i wont need them!)
18) online airport checkin

here's what I have left now.

2 days!

Weather report has changed a bit. There are now quite a few days showing thunderstorms- 30 to 60 percent. I'm hoping that these are just the normal Florida afternoon popups. Pray with me that this is all it is!

And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all my readers!

Wow -- have a wonderful trip!!! I hope we run into each other (I'll have my LGMH) at DHS or Epcot.

Woo hoo -- safe travels and have fun!!:cool1::banana::dance3:

Just a few hours to go! I haven't been able to stop smiling all day! I can't believ I've got
one sleep and then I'm on my way! I'll be in bed shortly and hopefully be able to sleep! We have a small (okay large) pile of bags! Two suitcases, two carryons, a backpack, a diaper bag, a camera bag, and two strollers. All ate packed to the brim. Thankfully a little bit of that is food and diapers so hopefully we can fit everything we buy there in on the way back!
Maya came down with a virus yesterday. Poor thing has been sickote this spring than she usually is in two years. James has no clue what is going on and keeps trying to pull things out of the suitcases and put them on.
Mom is going to call and wake us up.

Hi! WOW -- You leave TOMORROW!!!!!!

:cool1: :dance3: :cool1: :dance3: :cool1: :dance3: :cool1:

Everytime that I've been to Disney, with the exception of 2009, it has rained or stormed at some point! My parents also had rain/storms on their trip the past 2 years. Honestly, mostly it just passes through very quickly! The one day of our trip last June, there was a 70% of thunderstorms. Of course it began to storm DURING the parade at MK, which I was super disappointed about, but it ended up working out fine. We stood in Frontierland & you could actually see lightning bolts right behind Splash Mountain! :eek:

They made some minor adjustments to the parade -- I noticed when I looked through my mom's September pictures & compared them to ours from June! Basically, they still had characters on the floats, but they eliminated the walking characters between the floats. I also noticed that the parade seemed to move quicker than usual! :laughing:

They do shut down rides/shows for lightning, but they don't always shut down everything. Usually everyone does the same exact thing -- hightail it to the nearest gift shop or quick-service restaurant!!! Right after the parade ended (it wasn't raining during the parade, only sporatic lightning) it began to POUR! Well, everyone went to either Cosmic Ray's or the Emporium. We were near the Christmas Shop at MK so we went in there. It was nice to look around for a few minutes, but it was soooo crowded in there. So if it does start raining, try to go into a large gift shop! :lmao:

When I was a child, there was a huge storm & it rained almost every single day of our trip. But honestly, I don't really remember those things when I think of our trip! We were still able to have a really, really great time!!! So don't stress too much over it! The majority of Florida storms pass through quickly & they reopen the rides fairly quickly. We went over to POC right after the parade & they weren't letting people in because of the storm. The CM said they might close it for a few hours, she wasn't sure. We just sat & waited on a bench right outside (just in case it reopened & to take a little break!) and we ended up having an almost walk-on! I think alot of people leave the park or go to eat once a storm comes along. And alot of the time, if you're one of the first people in line, you can have a walk-on because it takes awhile for people to realize the ride has reopened! :goodvibes

I hope that helps you! Honestly, like I said, I've had rainstorms every single trip & they've never phased me at all! We've always been able to fit all the rides/shows in that we wanted to see & we usually take our time walking around the parks so we aren't rushing to see/do everything.

:flower3: Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!! :flower3:

You give very good advice! Has anyone ever told you that you Gould be a travel agent?lol! (how's that going by the way? )
seriously though, you are very reassuring. I had my mind set with all day thunderstorms as that is what we have had lately. Here's hoping they last just barely long enough to thin the crowds! We were quite lucky last trip in that we only had a sprinkle one day!
I really need to get back over to your ptr soon!

Wow -- have a wonderful trip!!! I hope we run into each other (I'll have my LGMH) at DHS or Epcot.

Woo hoo -- safe travels and have fun!!:cool1::banana::dance3:

Thanks! You aren't far behind! Yes, keep an eye out for us! I think mid to late afternoon is our best bet on either day! Do you know- the characterpalooza at dhs- that only happens when there isn't an early fantasmic, right? Well, what is considered early? Is it a safe bet with 9 being the first show?

Thanks! You aren't far behind! Yes, keep an eye out for us! I think mid to late afternoon is our best bet on either day! Do you know- the characterpalooza at dhs- that only happens when there isn't an early fantasmic, right? Well, what is considered early? Is it a safe bet with 9 being the first show?

The last I checked Steve Soares site (last week), it showed the Disney Junior Dance Party at Tu/Fr/Sat 7-10pm and M 7-10pm during EMH.

I still need to go back to his site and see if any of the entertainment schedule has changed.

Happy travels!!

Thanks to all of you who wished us a magical vacation!

We had a wonderful time! I could have stayed for months. I was feeling the Disney depression before I even made it home. We got back last night and were back to the grind today with speech, school, mothers day out, work, and teeball.

I definitely will write a trip report soon but need a bit of time to get situated yet. Some of my notes are Quite detailed; others not so much. But hopefully it will be intersting enough for you! I'll post a link here when I start so please follow me!

We had a wonderful time! I could have stayed for months. I was feeling the Disney depression before I even made it home. We got back last night and were back to the grind today with speech, school, mothers day out, work, and teeball.

I definitely will write a trip report soon but need a bit of time to get situated yet. Some of my notes are Quite detailed; others not so much. But hopefully it will be intersting enough for you! I'll post a link here when I start so please follow me!

Welcome back!!! Glad to hear you had a blast and returned safely!

Totally looking forward to the TR! Just show me where to sign up! :thumbsup2

Welcome home! I'm glad you all had a great time. Fighting off Disney Depression is tough, isn't it?:rotfl:

I'll be looking forward to following your TR!

Can't wait to read your trip report!!
Kind of, somewhat but not really patiently waiting... :)

You give very good advice! Has anyone ever told you that you Gould be a travel agent?lol! (how's that going by the way? )
seriously though, you are very reassuring. I had my mind set with all day thunderstorms as that is what we have had lately. Here's hoping they last just barely long enough to thin the crowds! We were quite lucky last trip in that we only had a sprinkle one day!
I really need to get back over to your ptr soon!

Thank you Lauren! I appreciate that a lot! :hug:

I really try to give the best advice I can based upon my own experiences! And if I'm unsure of something, I talk to a few other people I know travel to Disney frequently -- and if they don't know, I look it up & try to answer people's questions the best that I can! :thumbsup2

Thanks for asking about the Travel Agent job! Its going great so far!!! Right now I have 2 potential DCL clients, my own trip, plus my parents. I also had a few other friends ask me questions, so hopefully they're planning trips in the near future as well! ;) I still need to do a TON of advertising since I'm just starting out but the other TA's that I work with are amazing! We all share ideas & information which makes all of our jobs a lot easier!

I'm very interested to hear how the weather turned out for you!!! I've been watching the Florida weather reports & it only looked like scattered showers on our news station (but it isn't always reported accurately here -- LOL). I'm really, really hoping that you didn't have storms, pouring rain, or all-day rain! And if it did, I hope the rain got rid of the crowds so you could have an enjoyable day after all!!! :thumbsup2

I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful time!!! :goodvibes

I completely know what you mean about the depression. I cried on the Magical Express on the way to MCO!!! I was just sooo upset to be leaving. Most of the time, after vacation, I am ready to go back home. But last June, I honestly could have stayed at Disney forever!!! :lovestruc

I will definitely be following along with your Trip Report!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter