Dolphin Teacher Discount

Suburbanmom

<font color=red>Oh, SNAP!<br><font color=peach>I'm
We are going to WDW 11/8-15 this year. My mom is going wtih us. She has taught elementary and junior high school for over 15 years. She's never come with us before, so I never thought to look into the teacher discount. I'm the planner in the family. She would make the ressie if we needed her to, but I do everything else.

Can someone give me an idea of what kind of discount we might be able to use?

We stayed at the Swan in 2003. I had to call the hotel's direct number to get the discount. This was in March. I reserved a standard room for $149. When we got there they had no room available and we were upgraded to a room w/a balcony. I'm sure the price has increased since 03. Back then the rate was $249 and the teacher rate was $149. I only had to show my teacher ID when we checked in. I am going Nov 1-4 - renting points for AKV. We are thinking about flying in a day earlier. If so, I will stay at the Swan if the rate is good. It was a wonderful hotel. The bed was indeed "heavenly."

Just checked. Oct 31 Swan $199 Dolphin unavailable. This is a Fri so weekdays may be cheaper. Hope this helps.

If you go to the Swan/Dolphin banner at the top of this page, start to make a reservation, and enter your dates, you can select which type of discount applies to you (teacher) to see the rates and availability for your dates. I think that the Swan is running about 199 and the Dolphin about 179, but that may depend on dates. Or call the hotel directly and they will give you the rates. It's a 3-4 minute call, unlike when you call Disney reservations!!

Hi Suburbanmom,

We will be staying at the Dolphin this summer with the teacher discount rate of $159 (plus tax) - we did have to be a bit flexible with our dates, though. We have used this discount 5 times before at the Swolphin, and it does vary, but always a good deal! Call them direct for the best info at 888-828-8850. The reservation people are very, very pleasant and helpful. Have a most magical trip!!

Peg & Bob

Thanks everyone! It looks like the rate is running 199 at the Swan and 170 at the Dolphin while we are going to be. I should definately persue this one! WOW!!

You also do not have to get a base room with the teacher disc. when I called it applied to suites and everything. We really considered it, but we sprung and went for a DIS hotel since it is our kids (&DH) first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter