• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dolphin swimming pool - what do you do?

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
Last time we stayed at the Dolphin, we changed into our swimsuits in our room, then walked through the hotel with towels round us - we were very self-concious!!!

I would be interested to know what everyone else does when using the pool at the Dolphin.

I stay in the West Wing part of the Dolphin.....it's closer to the pool area.

Also, I have a white mesh cover-up that I wear over my suit. You can buy cover-ups at any clothing store, That really helped me not to be self-conscious when I walked thru the halls. My DH and sons wore t-shirts with their suits 'til we got to the pool area.

Hope this helps.:D

We were also in the West Wing on the 5th floor. My boys found a short cut to the pool half way into our trip . We took the stairs down to the 1st level and came out by the beauty salon which was about 6 feet away from the outside entrance to the pool.

I wouldn't worry about it too much no one really seemed to pay us to much attention before we found the short cut.

I purchased my bathing suit from Lands End and have received a lot of compliments. It has the tankini top with a short skirted bottom. It looks like a one piece and is very comfortable.

We stayed at the Swan recently and at first when I walked through the lobby in our swimsuits I felt a bit odd, but then I realized Heck! this is WDW and I am on vacation in Florida for pete's sake! Also we saw many other folks heading to and from the pool too.
And the looks I was getting from the people there attending conferences were ones of envy (no not because I looked so hot in my swimsuit - LOL) because they were wishing they were going to the pool instead of being stuck in some stupid meeting all day!
I saw people wearing robes to the pool, I have a huge t-shirt that I use like a cover-up and also sometimes I just used my towel and made a bee-line for the elevator.
Don't worry about it! Just don't drip all over the floor - that is a bit dangerous for others on those slick marble floors.

I wear a cover up or an oversized shirt or T shirt and shorts over my bathing suit on the way to the pool. I'm usually still damp when I go back to the room, so I might just have a towel over me or the cover up.

I also wore an oversized T or coverup. I don't think it's a big deal at all, unless you are wearing an itsy bitsy bikini or you're a man with no shirt.

I wear a swimsuit cover up. Usually its a long polo type shirt that comes to above the knee - it is sleeveless with a collar. DSs put on a T-shirt when going to and from the resort to the pool.

DH naps while we swim - LOL ;) ! He doesn't worry about cover-ups.

I wore a cover up, DH always wore a t shirt, DD wore a cover up, and DS didn't care as he was only 9! :) DD and DS went down to the pools a few times later at night and I know they both wore extra clothing so they could blend with the people in the lobby areas. I never felt out of place walking through the lobby. Taking off my coverup was another story! I am still trying to get rid of "college at a late age" weight!

Debbie

Thanks everyone for your advice. :D

G-gang I also bought a swimsuit from Land's End and am very happy with the fit. I've just ordered a cover up from their website so hope it arrives in time as we have only a week to go!

Thanks again everyone. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter