dolphin swim

Alijaney

Earning My Ears
A question for anyone who has done the dolphin swim at DC...

How deep is the water in the 'deep part' Can a chlid touch the floor?
Is it out in deep tanks after the shallow interaction?

My dd is 6 and quite tall, she swims ok, without flots , but dont think he would tread water for very long before getting tired if it is in deep water.

Many thanks for your advice

ali :)

The deep water is well over an adult's head.

However, everyone must wear bouyant wet suits, so treading water is really not an issue.

The deepest part of the dolphin lagoons is 12 feet deep and it drops off pretty sharply past the ledge where the shallow water interaction takes place. If your DD is happy to swim out into the deep, but would find treading water difficult, then maybe a life vest would be the solution. I hate the treading water part as I am not a strong swimmer, but for the enhanced dolphin interaction as part of the Trainer for a Day, everybody had to wear a life vest. This was a real revelation for me. This took all the strain out of being in the middle of the lagoon waiting for the dolphins to return. I felt a lot happier as well.

dolphingirl47

We went in March of last year. Me and my son who was 8 did the dolphin swim. The water is 12 feet for one part of the dolphins. My son has never been in that deep of water. You have to wear a vest. it is also salt water which helps you float. He will be fine. It is the most fantastic experience. One I will never forget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter