Dolphin Swim Question

Tiggr88

Never let facts get in the way of a good opinion
My wife and I did the dolphin swim at Discovery Cove several years ago and enjoyed it. Ever since the kids saw the video, they wanted to go, too. Now that they are 10 and 15, we are thinking of letting them do it this year. However, my wife and I were were thinking of skipping this time and just getting a regular admission.

• Can they go by themselves (in other words, if DD15 is paying as an adult, is she also considered an adult as the companion for DD10?)
  • Is there anywhere to take pictures or video if not participating?
Thanks

My wife and I did the dolphin swim at Discovery Cove several years ago and enjoyed it. Ever since the kids saw the video, they wanted to go, too. Now that they are 10 and 15, we are thinking of letting them do it this year. However, my wife and I were were thinking of skipping this time and just getting a regular admission.

• Can they go by themselves (in other words, if DD15 is paying as an adult, is she also considered an adult as the companion for DD10?)
  • Is there anywhere to take pictures or video if not participating?
Thanks

To the second question, the answer is yes - I saw several family members on a rocky area behind the professional photographer and videographer. You should be OK if you have a really good zoom on you camera.

To the first question - I would call and ask or e-mail. There are no adult vs. child rates at DC just dolphin vs non-dolphin except that under three is free. I would hope they would let the kids participate with the adults hanging out on the shore. They did let a child too young for the dolphin swim participate in her family's picture taking with the dolphin.

FYI - it takes them forever (like more than a week) to answer e-mail questions.

I'm not exactly sure on the answer to your question. I think you may just have to sign a form for them,but I'd definitely call instead of email and you'll get a much quicker response.

We called and an adult over 18 with any child under 13. So the 10 year old needs an adult over 18.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter