Dolphin Swim in Nassau?

mickeyluv

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever done the Dolphin "Swim" in Nassau at the Blue Lagoon Island? Our daughter is 10 years old and loves Dolphins. The site says that children ages 6 to 12 have to be accompanied by a paid adult (that would be me since DH doesn' swim). The price is $165 per person. Is it worth the money?

http://www.dolphinswims.com/

We did this last year when our son was 8. It's not the cheapest excursion but is one you'll remember for the rest of your lives.
Take enough money for the photos !
If you want to visit Atlantis book an early Dolphin and then get off the boat at Atlantis Marina on the way back !

Phil

:eek:
We did this last year when our son was 8. It's not the cheapest excursion but is one you'll remember for the rest of your lives.
If you want to visit Atlantis book an early Dolphin and then get off the boat at Atlantis Marina on the way back !
Phil

Thanks Phil! I've been thinking this will be well worth it! Our twins will be 10 and I think will love it! QUESTIONS! Any thoughts from anyone on the difference between doing the Dolphin Encounter and doing the Swim with Dolphins?? With 4 of us, it would cost an additional $320 to do the swim instead of just the encounter . . . making this excursion almost the cost of our 7 night hotel stay! Can one adult go with 2 kids?? I'd prefer to do it as a family but DH may be more inclined to sit it out and save $165! Any thoughts are much appreciated!
P.S. Anyone have their photos to post?

I have not done it, but if you are interested, I would do it. There is growing international pressure to stop this type of excursion. Come January 1st it will be illegal in Hawaii. The issue is, the contract between dolphins and humans is stressing the dolphins.

Phil

We are thinking about doing the swim and then going to Atlantis. Should I book the Excursion through Disney or is there something else to do?

I do not think we are going to do the Aqua Adventure due to the $$$$. Thank You in advance for the information.

We did not do the swim, just the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau. For those of you trying to decide, we definitely thought the encounter was worth the money. We have a 7-year old who would not be ready for a swim. At the encounter, our family was in a group with about 10 other people or so. Each family gets into waist-deep (on me, so it was higher on the kids) water and interact with the dolphin. He came up to each person and let them pet him, touch his teeth, hug him and dance with him. Then they take pictures-this is where it gets expensive. You can take your own, but I was afraid my camera would get wet. The boat ride there and back was also nice. There are some beautiful homes along the shoreline. I think we will do a different activity next time, but I was glad we did it.

I wanted to do the excursion with my DS (9) back in April. However, when it was available to book from DCL online it was sold out. I called and they stated that it gets sold out very quickly and need to book asap. I believe it was 90 or 60 days prior to our trip it was available, but I would have had to sign on just after midnight to book.

Good luck and enjoy it.

We have the dolphin swim booked for out trip next week. We had to book the swim on our own as Disney only offers the encounter.
We are really looking forward to this. DH, myself, DD12 & DS8. I will let you know how it is.:flower3: :cutie:

We have the dolphin swim booked for out trip next week. We had to book the swim on our own as Disney only offers the encounter.
We are really looking forward to this. DH, myself, DD12 & DS8. I will let you know how it is.:flower3: :cutie:

THANKS! I noticed also that there was only the Encounter listed on the DCL options so I am glad to know that you can still book the Swim! PLEASE, PLEASE DO let us know how it is!

We did a trip without kids and DH and I did the encounter. When we returned to Nassau w/kids, I insisted that they do the swim. The encounter was cool, but the swim was fantastic. They were 18 and 11 at the time and it is something they still talk about some 5 years later. The pictures are priceless. Anytime you get a genuine smile from a teenager, you know it is a good time!

THANKS LAXMOM!!
This helps to provide a good comparison! We just decided to drive instead of fly so maybe I can justify the cost now to DH!! :rolleyes1
Can anyone tell me whether or not one paying adult can take 2 kids? Thanks!

Here is a link to a thread that I posted a picture from our dolphin swim; http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1546976. Scan down to post #15.

There is an observer ticket that you can purchase if DH doesn't want to do the swim. He can still watch. The price was reasonable, if I remember correctly, something like $20. DH and I just rode along when DS's did their swim. It really was a great experience. I don't know about the question you asked though. You might check out Blue Lagoon's website at; www.dolphinencounters.com. You may be able to get the info there or email them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter