• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dolphin refrigerator in room

flightdave82

Mouseketeer
Just need some clarification (sorry if someone in the past has asked this). I think I read somewhere that each room has a refrigerator. Now when I went on to their website they state the following:

•A personalized in-room mini refrigerator service (Personal Pantry Service)

This sounds to me like the mini-fridge that already has items inside and if you take it out you get charged. However what I want is an empty fridge where we can put our own drinks and food in so we don't have to buy a styrofoam cooler and constanlty add ice in it for drinks/food to stay cold.

If there isn't a "personal" fridge then can we:

A) request an empty fridge and have it brought up or
B) can they empty that mini-fridge so we can use it

Thanks!

I doubt they would empty the fridge. Those services work on a bar coding system normally and when you take something out it is automatically charged to your room - probably not something they would want to do anything about it for a particular guest. Besides the fact that it is a huge profit center for them and they want you to use their items in it.

Beyond that, I don't know - the Swan/Dolphin are more geared towards convention and business travelers, IMO, and not the kind of places where guests are looking for an empty rental refrigerator. You can always call and ask them.

I stayed at the Dolphin in 2009 and the fridge was there and empty. Perhaps the website blurb means they can furnish personalized stocking of fridge items for you, as a service. :)

I stayed at the Dolphin in 2009 and the fridge was there and empty. Perhaps the website blurb means they can furnish personalized stocking of fridge items for you, as a service. :)

Well that would definitely work then if that was the case - I think the OP should just call and ask to get the definite answer.

Agree you should call...but in case it helps...I stayed at Dolphin 3 weeks ago. The fridge was empty and fully functioning.

That's why I asked because it wasn't too clear if it was an empty mini-refrig or if it contained items.

Anyway I will call to the hotel to be find out but I'm pretty confident that it's empty since someone was there only a few weeks ago and it was empty.

Thanks!

The fridge is empty. Should you wish to have it filled with snacks of your choice, you must fill out the Personal Pantry form beforehand.

Have a great trip! We made full use of our mini-fridge and had breakfast in the room each morning.

The fridge is empty. Should you wish to have it filled with snacks of your choice, you must fill out the Personal Pantry form beforehand.

Have a great trip! We made full use of our mini-fridge and had breakfast in the room each morning.

GREAT! Thank you! That's exactly what we plan also, to fill it with breakfast items.

You're very welcome. The fridge is by no means large but we packed it as much as possible. Yogurt, snacks, water, juice, beer, (technically not a breakfast item!!)

There is also free Starbucks coffee in the room, which comes in handy if you are in a rush to get to the parks in the morning and want to beat the crowd.

beer, (technically not a breakfast item!!)
Can never be to early to drink! :rotfl:

As they say, It's 5pm somewhere :cool1:

Thanks for the starbucks info. Will definetly come in handy as we like to get to the parks in the AM so being able to eat then leave is a big PLUS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter