Dolphin questions

SEC71

Mouseketeer
It is my understanding that the Dolphin does not participate in Magical Express. Do they arrange airport transportation? If so, what is the cost? Also if transferring from Boardwalk can we have bell services transfer luggage like we do between Disney owned hotels?

OP I would check their website regarding any transportation from MCO and going to a Disney hotel once you leave. Chances are they are like any other hotel , they may have a company they recommend but it is up to you to use (& pay for) them. Same goes for going to a WDW hotel when you leave.

It is my understanding that the Dolphin does not participate in Magical Express. Do they arrange airport transportation? If so, what is the cost? Also if transferring from Boardwalk can we have bell services transfer luggage like we do between Disney owned hotels?
It's true, they don't participate in Magical Express. However, they do use Mears (the company that operates DME) as their official transport partner.

As for transferring luggage: officially Disney and the Swan/Dolphin say they won't do it. Unofficially, posters on the DIS say it is often done.

I would suggest checking out the Swan/Dolphin Resort thread on this board.

We did the opposite: stayed at the Swan one night then transferred to the Boardwalk the next day.

We rented a car from National, then used it and dropped it off at the Dolphin after we filled it with gas (like, a couple dollars, but they sometimes have a small print rule that if you drive less than 75 miles you need proof that you've put gas in, it is a rule that didn't used to be in place).

The next morning, early, we checked out and just walked over to the Boardwalk with our luggage and left it with bell services until our room was ready (which was surprisingly ready in just a few minutes!).

It's a short walk, so I'd just walk over with your stuff.

A taxi makes sense back to the airport, if there are more than a couple people. There are plenty of cabs around. I've usually paid about $50. You could also try Uber I guess?

Swan and dolphin will transfer your luggage just like any other disney hotel - just did that in july

Swan and dolphin will transfer your luggage just like any other disney hotel - just did that in july
Yeah it seems like they don't want to promise that they'll do it, but they will actually do it most of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter