• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dolphin-Proximity to DHS & Epcot?

hrh_disney_queen

<font color=red>My DH has the hots for Stacey<br><
I know you can walk, just wondered how long it takes? Do they enter through a back entrance? Thanks for the info.

Nope no back entrance to HS. You enter through the back of Epcot, but not the Studios. You walk right up to the front entrance of the Studios! It took me with three kids about 25 minutes to walk to HS on a nice cool day. On a hot day I would not bother and wait for the Friendship launch that takes you right to the parks in cool airconditioning :)

Thank you. Do you know how long it takes to walk to Epcot's entrance? Does it enter over by France/England area of WS?

I read your FAQ's, lots of information..thank you for posting that. One thing on that..it states that parking is free, but I (think) was told there was a parking fee. Is that the "resort fee" you mentioned? I may have just heard wrong. Hoping there isn't a fee for both!

I am so excited about the Dolphin. In the past couple of years my taste has gone from Value(which is fine) to loving Deluxe resorts. We are getting a fantastic rate at the Dolphin with my DH's teachers discount. We have never been this close to the parks, either.

Thanks for the info..again!

You do enter in WS near the UK pavilion. It's so hard to say how long the walk will take you because everyone walks at a different pace. It takes my DH and I about 10 minutes - less if we are in a hurry.

I am just back from the Dolphin and I would say if you have young walking children - don't walk. It is a long enough hike through the parks all day so why add that extra walk. In terms of distance, I would say it is equal to walking from EPCOT Main entrance to the United States in the world showcase. A fair hike and the walk to DHS is longer.

Give extra time at the Dock if travelling by boat also as they run every 20 minutes and then there are stops along the way.....

I am just back from the Dolphin and I would say if you have young walking children - don't walk. It is a long enough hike through the parks all day so why add that extra walk. In terms of distance, I would say it is equal to walking from EPCOT Main entrance to the United States in the world showcase. A fair hike and the walk to DHS is longer.

Give extra time at the Dock if travelling by boat also as they run every 20 minutes and then there are stops along the way.....

Welllllll......How was your stay at THE DOLPHIN??!!:banana:

We've stayed at both The Swan & The Dolphin (and have another Dolphin trip this Dec.) - you can't beat the location! We walk (slowly, with DSs 8 & 11) across the Boardwalk to Epcot in about 20 min. DHS took us 35 min. in the heat, we were miserable! I love the walk to/from Epcot, but will wait for the boat to DHS from now on!

We've stayed at both The Swan & The Dolphin (and have another Dolphin trip this Dec.) - you can't beat the location! We walk (slowly, with DSs 8 & 11) across the Boardwalk to Epcot in about 20 min. DHS took us 35 min. in the heat, we were miserable! I love the walk to/from Epcot, but will wait for the boat to DHS from now on!

When we stayed on site at Universal Studios, I LOVED being able to walk to the parks. No waiting anxiously for the oh-so-slow busses..it was great. I won't pay the outrageous prices for a monorail resort, so when I found out you could walk to TWO parks from the Dolphin, giving up a little "Mickey atmosphere" at the resort is OK with me. I asked my boys if they minded, and when they saw pictures of the waterfall in the pool, they said, "NO!!" I can't wait! We will be there in December too, so heat shouldn't be a problem..

How are the busses to the other parks and DTD? Maybe this will be the trip where we actually use our car during the week we are there..

We had no problems with the bus to AK or MK from The Dolphin. Once we even got to MK without the bus - we walked to Epcot, then went out the front entrance & hopped the monorail to MK. It didn't take us very long at all - maybe 30-40 min. til we were at MK. You have to have a Park Hopper ticket though to do this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter