Dolphin or swan?

FantasiaMagic

DIS Veteran
in your opinion which resort do you like more - The Dolphin or Swan.
I have never been to either one and would like to see what you all think

Please give me experiences at the hotels such as rooms, restaurants, pool ect

Thank you!!! pixiedust:

Ive seen pictures and both look beautiful - but I would love to know any experiences you all have had with either one - or both :)

We have never stayed at either, but have walked through several times. The Swan has the nicer lobby and the better views, I would pick Swan based on that. But no experience with an actual stay.

Of the two resorts, I prefer the Swan. It is a little more elegant, not as big and not quite as hectic.

Still, I base my decision between the two on price and make-up of my party. With kids, I opt for the Dolphin. For an adults only trip, I'd lean to the Swan.

We are two adults (no kids) and picked the Swan.
Loved it. :)
I heard the Dolphin is more family orientated and the rooms are bigger.

Having stayed at both, I'm going to go ahead and reccomemd The Swan. You get queen beds instead of doubles, the resort is smaller, and I found quieter and the views are better. I'm hard-pressed to think of a bad view. Rooms on the front of the resort face BWV, the canal leading to DHS and the ToT. Rooms on the back of the resort face the Dolphin, BC and YC. The main pool is shared, and the Swan's private pool is, in my opinion, nicer than the one at the Dolphin.

Hope that helps.

We booked at Swan but I haven't stayed at either yet.
The reason we picked Swan over Dolphin was mainly because it is smaller and the queen size bed. It was more expensive then the Dolphin, but it was worth it to us for those things.
I think we would be happy at either one though!

We have stayed at both and have the Dolphin booked for December. The beds are larger at the Swan. We have loved both resorts. My grown children loved having Picabu's and the ice cream parlor close by (Dolphin). The Swan does not have a "fast food" restaurant. The only complaint I have heard from people is the lack of "pixie dust" in the resorts. They are not over the top Disney. The best aspect of both resorts is of course location. You can either ride a boat or walk to both Epcot and the studios. You are right over a bridge from the Boardwalk which opens up more dining and shopping opportunities. All in all, you cannot go wrong with either resort.

I have stayed at both resorts and personally I like the Swan. Having said that I am booked at the Dolphin in an Alcove Room this August. The Dolphin was a better option this time. Can't beat the location.

We have stayed at both and prefer the Dolphin. It just seems a lot more kid-friendly and I love the open lobby with all the stores and food options. We had an amazing view of the Epcot ball once and were able to watch Illuminations perfectly from the balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter