Dolphin or Car Care Center?

mattypies

Earning My Ears
Which is a better bet for a decent car? The Emerald Isle at the Car Care Center or the Emerald Isle at The Dolphin?

Heather

Which is a better bet for a decent car? The Emerald Isle at the Car Care Center or the Emerald Isle at The Dolphin?

Heather
There is no Emerald Aisle at either location. You have to go to the counter.
We use both. The Dolphin counter closes promptly at 4PM, so if want a pickup later than 4, use the Car Care Center. You can return the car after 4PM to the Dolphin Valet, and they will give you a reciept.... but the counter is closed.

Thanks for that info. The last 2 years that we stayed at Disney, I have sent my husband to pick up the car at the Dolphin. One year he was able to get a Pacifica and the next year it was a Sebring. So, I just assumed he picked those off of the emerald Isle. He always said they gave me an upgrade but I never paid much attention to him.

What are most people finding this year at the Dolphin?

I currently have reservations booked at MCO, Dolphin and car care center. Do you get charged if you do not cancel within a certain period of time.

Thanks,

Heather

I currently have reservations booked at MCO, Dolphin and car care center. Do you get charged if you do not cancel within a certain period of time.
I don't believe you would be charged, but why keep all three? Once you decide which will be the best for you, please cancel the others so that vehicles would be freed up for others. Have a great trip.

Maybe its just us, but we have had really bad luck using the Dolphin. Last December, we needed to swap out a car when a electrical problem meant that the passenger door would not unlock. The whole process took about 45 minutes and we were downgraded from a premium to a full size as there were no premium cars available (not sure why the person we talked to on the phone before heading to the Dolphin said there were!).

On our recent trip, it looked better when we were picking up at about 2 pm on a Sat. No line, quick service, nice car. But when we got to the valet stand, it was mobbed with a group from a business meeting that had just broken up, so we still ended up waiting about 30 minutes for the car.

On the return on a Monday morning, we were fifth in line and there was a delay due to a broken printer (it was literally lying upside down on the floor behnd the counter -- RIP!). At one point the single employee helping cutomers asked everyone in line except me (maybe becuase I was the only women???) if they were picking up or returning and took the return first. Since I wasn't asked, I waited my turn and was finally finished about 50 minutes after we dropped the car with the valet.

We stay at BWV, so the Dolphin is a very convenient location, but we were talking about not renting a car at all on the next trip. We are fine with Disney transportiation to the Parks and ME, so we only use the car for DD and grocery/outlet mall shopping. I think 3 or 4 RT taxi rides would be cheaper and more convenient than renting. -- Suzanne

I was going to ask which is best for returning the car. Dolphin or Car Care Center...

We are renting at MCO and going straight to Sea World our first day. Will do a grocery stop and staying at the Poly. I have booked to return at the car care center, but am wondering if it will be easier to return at Dolphin and then head to Epcot or HS right from there.

Thoughts on pros and cons? Although this last post makes me wary about the Dolphin, but I could return and send the rest of the clan to the park and meet them there....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter