Dolphin experience at EPCOT

mrsaumock

Mouseketeer
I just heard about a dolphin experience at Epcot (there was a mention of a dolphin tour in a disney credit card advertisement). Has anyone done this? What's it like? Do you swim with them? TIA!

Yes it is!! Thanks so much....although dd won't be old enough so I'll have to file that away for future reference. Thanks again

I just heard about a dolphin experience at Epcot (there was a mention of a dolphin tour in a disney credit card advertisement). Has anyone done this? What's it like? Do you swim with them? TIA!

I did it and it was not a pleasant experience From an informational point of view the CMs were educated about dolphins and shared what they knew

The unpleasantness came from a very cold and dark place You don't " swim " with a dolphin ( you don't get that at another theme park near WDW either ) you go into basically a tank have a quick picture with one and that's it It's kind of dark and depressing

The other theme park experience I referred to you are outside and there was much more interaction with a dolphin Just my opinion of course but I don't think it was worth the money for this experience at WDW

I did this last year and enjoyed it. True, you do not swim with the dolphins, you just stand on a submerged platform in the tank and one swims up to you. You get the chance to interact with a dolphin and get your picture taken with your arm around it. The actual time with the dolphin was maybe 25 minutes. It was educational and enjoyable although very expensive.

I didnt even know that there were dolphins at Epcot until we went on finding nemo.
The tank looks very dark. Is there an outside tank for the dolphins or just as you see them?

Thanks.

If you want a great dolphin encounter, go to Discovery Cove for the day. We did it with my two granddaughters, 7 & 9 and they both LOVED it! Discovery Cove is an amazing place, all the way around. Expensive, but worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter