Dolphin Excursion-Cozumel

Skuba2

DIS Veteran
I just booked my excursions yesterday for our 7/1 cruise (concierge level) and noticed that the dolphin excursion is 7 hours in duration as opposed to the 3 3-5 hour duration in their brochure. Anyone know why it is now twice as long? The excursion also says 3 and older but you also have to swim--how well does it work with kids? Can they book and then just come and watch instead of actually participating?

DG

I think the difference in time is due to the fact that the Dolphin Discovery in Coz is closed. They are now taking people to the mainland to do this excursion and it takes a lot more travel time.

I know they were 'hoping' the Cozumel one would re-open in June. If you just booked yesterday, looks like they know that aren't going to make that deadline....but then we don't even know for sure when DCL is REALLY returning to Cozumel :confused3

Thanks guys. I spoke with Disney today and found out the answer. It is being held over at another island. He said to keep it booked until the last minute and see if it gets back to Cozumel by the deadline. I think I will still go with my 2 older daughters. My dh and ds will probably find something else to do. It is kind of a once in a life time experience--so I hope it is worth the investment in time.

DG

I'd trave 3 hours in one direction for 20 minutes with these amazing creatures...:wizard:

I agree Tigger.

I liked your sayings. There is one I heard literally once and loved it. Can't remember it exactly---but knowing the readers here---someone will know it.

Something like Tomorrow is a day that never comes, yesterday is a day we cannot change, today is a present that we should not waste.

Have a good one.

DG

I totally agree with that saying! Thanks for sharing. I love good quotes.

Chankanaab @ Cozumel is scheduled to reopen their Dolphin discovery on 7/1. You should be able to get the shorter excursion there.

I am booked on this excursion in 10 days. The description says 45 min tender ride and 25 min bus ride. So 2 hours 20 min round trip isn't bad. Hoping that they built a cushion in here and it is actually quicker and that the kids nap on the way back. I thought there was extra time because there was a beach there do do stuff at after the dolphin part. Anyone know something I don't know?

I chose this one over the Costa Maya one because of the ages allowed. The 5 yo cut-off in Costa Maya meant my DS4 could not participate. Here he can.

I will let you all know how it was when I return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter