Dolphin Encounter?

gsu1988

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their
I am trying to decide to book or not to book. Is this excursion worth the price?
Thanks for any and all comments

The dolphin encounter in Cozumel? Definately!! it was a great time and can book directly through aquarium and do the real swim and might actually be cheaper. or the one at Nassau I've heard is awesome but I haven't done that one.

I am cruising in May 06. I booked directly through Dolphin Discovery and it is cheaper. We are going to do the Royal Swim (me and DD8) and the Dolphin Encounter (DH and DS5) in Cozumel. If you book by Sep. 30, you can get it for 10% off, and it is definately cheaper than Disney. Plus, DCL only offers the Encounter. Good luck.

I'm planning to book the dolphin swim direct- how did you find out about the 10% off as i haven't seen it mentioned on the site?
thanks
Ruth

I havent done the exact dolphin swim mentioned but we went to Cozumel in March and did a dolphin swim and all I can say is YES its worth the $$.. Even if you never do it again, you will never experience anything like it.. We all stood on this platform and the dolphin would come by and we got to pet it, feed it, etc.. then it did many tricks for us and another came out and joined in.. then it came by and we got to give it a kiss and shake fins, etc.. then the trainer showed us different signals and one by one went out from the platform a bit and did the signal.. the dolphin swam out there and then flipped over.. you grabbed the fin and rode the dolphin!! after everyone had their turn we fed him again and then we all went away from the platform and formed a circle and the dolphin swam in between us and in the middle of us.. came by and did tricks.. Very cool!!! I get all giddy being an adult and telling people about it.. can you imagine being a kid and being able to tell your friends?? Its an experience that not everyone gets in their lifetime and definitely a once in a lifetime thing... Our kids went with us and loved it... the company takes wonderful pictures (which we bought almost all of them) and they put it on a dvd to music.. Id do it again in a heartbeat.. There were 8 of us so the price wasnt cheap but worth every penny! :banana: :banana:

I would do the Dolphin Royal Swim if you can. You can book directly at http://www.dolphindiscovery.com/cozumel

Two dolphins welcome you with an affectionate handshake, a kiss on the cheek, and let you give them one as well. Later, they take you for an original and speedy ride while you hold on to their fins. The most thrilling moment of this program is during the foot-push, when you feel all the strength of your new friends while they push you across the water from the bottom of your feet. It is truly “the experience of a lifetime!”

I did the Dolphin Swim Encounter in Cozumel this past January at Chankanaab. I booked through the same place Kary did. Dolphin Discovery dot com. It was 99$ and was worth every penny. I was able to swim out a bit and the dolphin comes out under your arm and you grab his/her fin and you ride in on the dolphins belly. My dolphin's name was Ariel. It was so much fun and such a dream for me since I was little. You have the opportunity to make a circle out in the water with the other 6 or 7 people and the dolphin swims around the circle. You have snorkel gear to watch this. I chose not to go out to the circle cuz the fish in the water were huge and they scared me. It was a wonderful experience and I purchased the video $35 and the 3 big pictures of me $40. One picture was me being brought in, one was when I was shaking the fins, and the 3rd was me kissing the dolphin. So worth it!!! Just so you know though, the admission to the park was 12$ and it is NOT included in the prices unless you get the Royal Swim. I had taken a taxi from the ship to Paradise Beach for a few hours. Got my hair braided...waded in the water and then took another taxi to Chankanaab and a taxi back. Each taxi cost me approximately 12$. Enjoy.

I won't restate most of the above to just say:
1) the royal swim excursion was the #1 favorite of most of my family.
2) CANNOT book royal swim via Disney, but must book direct. (other posters have shown the website above). If you want the "watered down" :rotfl2: version, you can book that through Disney, but if your people are good swimmers do the royal or any of the fancier swims.
3) the video/pics are expensive, expensive. If one of your family members doesn't care that much about it, have them video it (they don't mind at all) and buy a few of the closeup pics.

THe dolphin swim at chaankanaab thru www.dolphindiscovery.com was awesome! We did this in Oct 03 and we had sooooooo much fun. My kids stil ltalk about it and remember the experience 2 years later. We bought the vidoe and my DD still watches it.

GSU: If you're referencing Cozumel - I agree like everyone else. If you're talking about Nassau, I don't know if I'd spend that money. It's a much shorter program in Nassau than Cozumel. In Cozumel, about 15 of us went through the motions individually as mentioned above so we got a lot of time (and it helped that we had a mom and her baby as well as a young one in training...we got to play with three of them!). In Nassau, we were grouped with 6 other people, and you went through similar motions within your family. Luckily, the guy saved my DH and me for last and since we were honeymooners, he let us do everything twice with the dolphin.

One other tip...in Nassau, we could bring our waterproof camera into the water so you don't have to feel like you need to buy their photos. In Cozumel, we couldn't but we did buy several pictures and negotiated prices other than what was posted.

I brought my disposable camera with me in Cozumel..I had one in the water and my son and his gf had my didgital on the platform above so I got triple the pictures.....it was awesome. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter