Dolphin encounter

fitnessmouse

DIS Veteran
My kids want to do this. Can I purchase this just for the kids and I can go along as observer and take pictures? Or do I have to purchase this for myself as well? I have no desire to feed or pet the dolphin but i would like to take pics of the kids. Kids are 9y and 12y and don't speak english

My kids want to do this. Can I purchase this just for the kids and I can go along as observer and take pictures? Or do I have to purchase this for myself as well? I have no desire to feed or pet the dolphin but i would like to take pics of the kids. Kids are 9y and 12y and don't speak english
From my understanding; there isn't a rule about needing to understand English; or an age limit. But if you want to go with to take pictures; you have to also buy a ticket. You could take photos from across the water, and you'll still be near the are and can see them do their encounter without buying a ticket. But this is no longer the feeding that used to be there before the construction back at the beginning of the year. This is a meet and greet with a dolphin; the trainers will make sure they all get the chance to touch a dolphin and that the photographers get a photo that will be available for purchase as well; I do not believe anyone other than the trainers will be feeding the dolphins. It's a ticketed event; just like any other tour offered at SeaWorld and anyone wanting to join in (if they will touch or not) will require a paid ticket; there is no "observer" option other than being in the Dolphin Cove area near where the interaction takes place to watch. Or that's been my understanding of it. I have not participated in the program; just my basic understanding from what I have heard from reliable sources who work there.

Me and my older sister did this a few years ago and really enjoyed it, but my Mom and Dad and even little brother who did not want to do it and just wanted to take pictures still had to purchase a ticket. It is a once in a lifetime experience and was really expensive for my parents to do and I am really grateful to them to this day because it was so much fun and a really awesome experience.

Me and my older sister did this a few years ago and really enjoyed it, but my Mom and Dad and even little brother who did not want to do it and just wanted to take pictures still had to purchase a ticket. It is a once in a lifetime experience and was really expensive for my parents to do and I am really grateful to them to this day because it was so much fun and a really awesome experience.

There isn't a way you could have done this a few years ago. This experience has only been around since February.
You are either referring to the Dolphin Feeding that used to be at Dolphin Cove; or the Dolphin Up Close Tour (it's an hour long tour all about dolphins). The OP is referring to the new program; Dolphin Encounter.

There isn't a way you could have done this a few years ago. This experience has only been around since February.
You are either referring to the Dolphin Feeding that used to be at Dolphin Cove; or the Dolphin Up Close Tour (it's an hour long tour all about dolphins). The OP is referring to the new program; Dolphin Encounter.
I was referring to the Dolphin Feeding. My bad. Sorry.

Thanks. I guess i am just going to get tickets and go along with the kids. Any tips on what time to get? Morning or afternoon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter