Dolphin Encounter - Blue Lagoon Advice

DisneyCrazMom

Mouseketeer
I contact Blue Lagoon, they responded basically that they could not assit me and I couldn't book directly with them because of their contract with Disney. My issue is that my son is 2, will be 4 weeks from turning 3. The dolphin encounter through Disney will not allow him to attend, however if you go directly to the Blue Lagoon website he can participate and he is free of charge. I don't want my DH and DS to have to miss out on this bc I "have" to book through Disney. Anyone have advice or had a similar situation?

I will be calling DCL tomorrow bc they have my DD has a male, but not even sure I should ask them at this situation. I am happy to pay for his transfer on to get there and back if that is what the issue is.

Help Advice? :confused:

I have not tried this myself, but I have seen comments on the boards about not telling the person at Blue Lagoon that you're with DCL.

Can you book him as an observer?

That is what I have done for now, however if I book him as an observer that mean DH also has to be an observer. He said he would do it, but I feel horrible. I know my DS will want to be down there with mommy and DD won't want to be down there with out daddy.

Guess we might have to go down the not telling them path. :rolleyes1

That is what I have done for now, however if I book him as an observer that mean DH also has to be an observer. He said he would do it, but I feel horrible. I know my DS will want to be down there with mommy and DD won't want to be down there with out daddy.

Guess we might have to go down the not telling them path. :rolleyes1

I think once you get there you can upgrade to the experience

We were in the same boat last year and they were very clear with us that they would not make any changes to our ressie....everything had to be done via Disney. So we did the dishonest thing and booked not telling them we were with Disney. I felt bad about it until we got there and my DD had the time of her life. She still talks about Salvador the dolphin and what a good time she had. Plus it was SO much cheaper. I didn't care about the money, but it still baffles me that Disney won't let children do what the company itself will. I would think they'd want our money. Anyway, I hope it works out best for you. That is what we had to do.

Emily

We were in the same boat last year and they were very clear with us that they would not make any changes to our ressie....everything had to be done via Disney. So we did the dishonest thing and booked not telling them we were with Disney. I felt bad about it until we got there and my DD had the time of her life. She still talks about Salvador the dolphin and what a good time she had. Plus it was SO much cheaper. I didn't care about the money, but it still baffles me that Disney won't let children do what the company itself will. I would think they'd want our money. Anyway, I hope it works out best for you. That is what we had to do.

Emily

How did you do this? Did you book it over the internet or via phone? I am thinking about doing this also. Not only is it cheaper, but I could book an earlier time slot and then spend more time hanging out on the beach afterwards. I have read that the Disney excursions are only there for a couple hours.

Did you catch the boat to the Blue Lagoon by Atlantis?

Emily

Thanks for the info, it is much cheaper which like you I really don't care. Was it hard to get to them since you didn't book through Disney? Will they ask me if we are with a cruise? did you just say no? I mean if I am going to be dishonest about it, I want to be prepared with what to say. :rotfl:

Thanks for the info, it is much cheaper which like you I really don't care. Was it hard to get to them since you didn't book through Disney? Will they ask me if we are with a cruise? did you just say no? I mean if I am going to be dishonest about it, I want to be prepared with what to say. :rotfl:

:laughing:

You can also book it on the Best On Bahamas website. Their prices are the same as if you book directly with Blue Lagoon. I haven't booked ours yet but plan on doing it next week.

My family did the dolphin encounter, I went directly to the booth they have in Paradise Island Ferry Terminal and bought the tickets, I didn't want to make reservations because my cruise was in September and the weather could change. Only thing in consideration is that you need to take a taxi to the ferry terminal.My son was 3 yo and the only problem was that he was in his tip toes, probably thats why Disney don't allow 2 yo.

We had the Dolphin Swim booked through Disney, but we just found out my sister did not get the 5pm wedding so now we have to be ready for a wedding on the ship at 4pm. I am considering booking directly with Blue Lagoon so we can get in on an earlier swim. How do we know how early they will allow you to get off the boat so you can get to Paradise Island Ferry Terminal for 8:30? If you book with Disney how/where do you pick up the ferry?
Thank you,

We had the Dolphin Swim booked through Disney, but we just found out my sister did not get the 5pm wedding so now we have to be ready for a wedding on the ship at 4pm. I am considering booking directly with Blue Lagoon so we can get in on an earlier swim. How do we know how early they will allow you to get off the boat so you can get to Paradise Island Ferry Terminal for 8:30? If you book with Disney how/where do you pick up the ferry?
Thank you,

They don't allow you to book through them if you are on a disney ship. What time do you get into port? I think our cruise is around 9:30. With that time it will most likely be another hour or so till we actually do the encounter. (I'll know more in a few weeks) If you do the early encounter you can be back around 2ish most likely. I don't think there is really anyway to get in earlier.
Also be aware anything can happen and even though you are supposed to be at the island at a certain time, it can take time before they let you off. I have heard one cruise wasn't let off because there was a fire on Nassau, so they had a few hours delay.

We are also booked for the 9:30 dolphin swim. I don't really know when we dock or when you can get off the boat. I talked to the kids tonight about the tight schedule. My DD absolutely wants to do the dolphin swim she said her bridesmaid dress is easy to put on so she'll be ready. Oddly, DS (7) said he is not so interested in the dolphin swim if we won't have time to snorkel and play in the water. My Mom is doing the swim, so I could still take pictures and DH could check out the island with DS.

We did the Dolphin Swim at Cozumel a couple of years back when we were on the Magic and booked direct with the company. We got admission for 3 of us, paid our cab fare with generous tips both ways, and paid for drinks and lunch for all 3 for just over what DCL wanted to charge for just one adult. We were never asked if we were aboard Disney so maybe that's something new or newly inforced ... but considering the price savings (in our case over $200) a little white lie can't hurt you ... especially if you spend the savings at the shops onboard the ship pirate:

We did the Dolphin Swim at Cozumel a couple of years back when we were on the Magic and booked direct with the company. We got admission for 3 of us, paid our cab fare with generous tips both ways, and paid for drinks and lunch for all 3 for just over what DCL wanted to charge for just one adult. We were never asked if we were aboard Disney so maybe that's something new or newly inforced ... but considering the price savings (in our case over $200) a little white lie can't hurt you ... especially if you spend the savings at the shops onboard the ship pirate:
They do ask what ship you are on, and then told me that they will not book you if you are coming in on Disney because they have a contract with them. They also told me all early bookings are for Disney cruise ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter