Dolphin Discovery

joliejacqueline

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone

Just to let you know if booking your Dolphin Encounter - we are scheduled for Cozumel (Nov/06) that at Dolphin Discovery, they have 10% off for bookings up until Feb 28/06. If the Magic/Wonder don't end up at Cozumel, you will get your refund back. :cool1:

Also Delta has $188.00 + tax for Seattle to Orlando return in Nov/06.

Jacqueline :coffee:

We did the Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel 10/18/06, and it's a complete rip off. You're in the water for about 15 minutes with the dolphins, and then you're carted off to a room to view the video they shoot of your group.. Only $29.....what a bargain!!

Other issues:

- Entrance fees of $16 for adults and $8 for children. Entrance to what? There's just a building and a gift shop.... They're rebuilding everything else.. When I asked about this fee, I got a bunch of BS answers. Bottom line - you're paying for construction. Rip off.

- Cameras. Don't plan on taking a camera down with you on the pier when you get into the water... No no. They will (in some cases not so politely) ask you to leave it in the locker or take pictures from afar. Of course, they want you to buy their overpriced pictures $15/ea. of your kid kissing a dolphin. OK, I'm a sucker, and I bought some pictures for my kids, but I felt trapped in the experience. In other words, I wanted my kids to remember it.

They have other "experiences" where you actually ride the dolphins and swim with them. Those look better, but I'm not sure on the prices. Either way, they charge you to take a step in that place. If you absolutely have to do the excursion, do it; however, if you have an alternative in a different port, I would highly recommend re-booking elsewhere.... Sorry to dissappoint the dolphin fans out there, but I feel obligated to speak the truth. :teacher:

I hope you have a great DCL Cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter