dolly parton's stampede dinner show

luvflorida

DIS Veteran
We are going to be in Orlando the end of December and we plan on dinner one night at Dolly Parton's new attraction. Anybody been there? Did you enjoy it? Thanks for any info.

I was at Dixie Stampede last month and was pretty impressed. In fact, I would rate it as the best-value of all the dinner shows now, with its combination of style, grand staging and fine (and plentiful!) food. The half-hour pre-show is superb and the main event is both varied and captivating, with something for everyone along the way. The venue is actually pretty chilly (remember a sweater!) and there is no alcohol (only Pepsi-brand sodas and tea/coffee with your meal), but all in all I think it delivers excellent value for money in the dinner-show market.

Simon,
I've heard on the grapevine that they are reconsidering the alcohol situation. Numbers are down on expectations and this is one area they feel is not helping them. Watch out for more news soon.

I would agree that Dixie Stampede is one of the better dinner shows. The pre-show is quite amazing, and audience participation (on stage!) is hilarious.

Do take a sweater with you if you go, as it gets quite cool in the main show area. If you have an audience that's into the performance, you're likely to have a very memorable evening. And if they modify their no-alcohol rule, audience participation may increase. ;)

What do they serve for food? How far is this from WDW? What is the cost per person?

I think that the reason that it is not doing well is that it is the least discounted show in the area. Tickets for the other shows can be had for around $30.

My family and I were planning on going to the dinner show at the polynesian, but after reading this and going to the Dixie Stamped websight, I think this is more our style. I know that the show at the poly would be fantastic, but with the money you pay, I know for sure that my son would be eating mac and cheese or a hotdog. The food at the stampede looks great. Does anybody know how far it is from Hotel Royal Plaza?

I am glad I came across this post.

Thanks
Deb

To Kat:
The menu at Dixie Stampede consists of:
creamy vegetable soup
biscuit (American term, not UK, lol)
tender whole rotisserie chicken (around the size of a very large cornish hen)
smoked pork loin
corn on the cob
potato
apple turnover.

A vegetable lasagne is available for vegetarians and I think, if you request it the kitchen can get you a vegan entree as well. Although the vegan selection may be simply steamed veggies instead of the meat courses. And I'm not certain if they still are doing this. The cost is $43.99A/$18.99C (4-11)but you can get vouchers from a lot of the hotels and/or ticket brokers. There are also coupons available and discounts if you have your AAA card. If you request a booking via the internet there is currently a web discount (thru mid-Oct, I think) of $8 off for adults and $5 for kids.

For Kat & Debra:
Dixie Stampede is located on Vineland Avenue, across the street from the Orlando Premium Outlets. From Downtown Disney take Hotel Plaza Blvd. up to SR-535. Turn right onto 535 and get into the left lane. You'll pass under I-4 and at the very next traffic light, turn left onto Vineland Ave. Dixie is going to be about a mile up on the left hand side. There will be a Bahama Breeze and a Golden Coral at the corner where you turn onto Vineland and I think there is also a sign for Mary Queen Shrine.

From I-4, you'll get off at exit 68 (Lake Buena Vista/Kissimmee). If heading east on I-4, you'll just go straight through the light at the end of the exit ramp and you'll be on Vineland Ave. If heading west on I-4, you'll turn left off the exit ramp and then left again onto Vineland Avenue.

For luvflorida:
If you'll be there in December, you'll be there for their holiday show. It features traditional Christmas carols, a living nativity with live camels and some other good stuff.

We did this in Branson, Missouri. It was an interesting way to spend an evening but I wouldn't miss a Disney show for it.

There are NO utensils!! You must eat everything with your hands. The soup you must drink out of the bowls. I thought that was just gross.

The show is pretty hokey too.

We've been to the ones in Myrtle Beach & Gatlinburg and had a great time - the soup is to die for!!!

We enjoyed our visit to the one in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. They gave us hot, wet towels to clean our hands before the meal (and packaged "wet naps" were on the table, for afterward). The food was tasty and plentiful (we were very full even though we skipped the pork). It was a fun evening. I thought it a better value and charming, a little less hokey than the Hoop De Doo Revue. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter