Dollar code problems

lspongberg

Mouseketeer
I have been trying to rent a minivan for August and have found the best rate with Dollar using the KISS3 code. I have been trying book with this code for the past two days and have been getting a message stating unable to retrieve quote at this time.
When I try this code with any other car type I am able to access a quote, but I really need a minivan for our trip in August.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Linda

I would get your quote up on your computer and call their toll free number-they have helped me in the past this way-no probs.

That's odd. I booked with Dollar using KISS3. I agree you should probably call them directly. This is the best rate I've been able to find so far for August.

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately I just called Dollar and was told that all minivans were sold out for the dates I need in August. Not sure what to do now. All the other rates are very hight for the other rentla companies. Do you think if I keep trying more minivans will become available?

Thanks

Linda

A mini van might become availalbe if someone cancels one, but I would make a back up reservation someplace.

Even if it comes availalbe, you might not get the discount. There are generally only so many discounted cars avaiable and the rest are left for last minute business travelers like me who pay a lot!

I read on another thread that people were getting some good deals through national. I know most of them are also using their entertainment book coupons.
I used the kiss3 code for dollar and got a great rate.... but try doing a search on here and you might find the thread about everyone getting those good national deals.

I'm having the same problem with trying to use that code for August. It tells me I can't get a reservation. All the rates are high even trying all the codes I could with National........the best I got for 9 days was $715...........Alamo was 623........two years ago I got a rate of $373 for these same 9 days so I'm in shock at the price differences. I did go to mousesavers.com and got a quote from Nova .........it was 656.46..........Good luck if you find any good codes please post.

I decided to go back to Dollar and try no codes. I did get a price quote. Then I thought.........I should try BJ's codes. So I had a flyer which I didn't realize was good through 03 but put in the BJ's CD# BJ3013 and promo code BJC10. It told me the promo code was invalid but I got a rate of $390.08 for 9 days!!! The best rate I've seen so far so I booked it. Good luck. I would try the BJ's code or something else.

Sorry, what are your dates and are your renting from MCO?

The rental companies don't appear to have posted discounted rates for August other than a few that go through year-end. You're right that even with the posted discounts the rates are high. I really can't recall having this much trouble finding a good rate on a minivan in August in prior years.:(

Codes for any car in August are terrible!! I can't get Dollar down to less than $175 for 5 days intermediate car. What really aggravates me is I booked the same car for a friend in Vegas for the same number of days and go him a rate of $80.52!!!!!!

Anyone find anything good for August 15-20th??

Thanks so much for the BJs code. I also got invalild promo code but the CD code worked. I got a base rate of 376.00 with a total after all fees of 444.54 for 10 days. This is the best rate I have seen and it's only 9.00 more than the KISS3 code.

Linda

Aug 15-20 MCO Mid Size 4 dr $169.96 (entertainment coup)
MiniVan $421.31
Alamo

Minivan U030076 Code EL $440.29 -Budget
Midsize W810011 L5 $262.94

Dollar was really high.

I'll check a few more

We got a good rate with Dollar using the BJ's code. We reserved a minivan for $279.85 and a mid-size for $213.19 from 8/21-8/28. The price includes all the taxes, surcharges and fees.

Originally posted by lsyorke
Codes for any car in August are terrible!! I can't get Dollar down to less than $175 for 5 days intermediate car. What really aggravates me is I booked the same car for a friend in Vegas for the same number of days and go him a rate of $80.52!!!!!!

Anyone find anything good for August 15-20th??

Am booked through Dollar August 18 - 26; $207 for full size using MAG code. The discounted price won't show until you hit "reserve" then the discount is applied. If the price still is too high, try again another day. It took me several tries using this code to get the $207 price.

Mom,

Yes we are flying into MCO and picking our car up there. We are arriving 7/31 12 noon and leaving 8/8 at around 3 pm. HTH

Linda G.

Not much help so far
Thrifty is $546
Alamo $568
Payless $504

I noticed that the specials don't go up to the end of July yet
so I would keep trying

Used the KISS3 code for Aug 21-27 for a minivan, which I booked in March or April. Got 289 with taxes, etc. First time renters, and I was kind of disappointed with the rate but I guess it's not that bad. I'll keep trying, and if I find something better I'll post before I cancel the minivan!

Hello,
What exactly are the "BJ's codes" ? I was able to get a better rate by using the code you provided ( thanks! ). Would I need to provide them with some kind of membership card etc at the time I pick up the car ?

- Asim

Originally posted by MLindaG
I decided to go back to Dollar and try no codes. I did get a price quote. Then I thought.........I should try BJ's codes. So I had a flyer which I didn't realize was good through 03 but put in the BJ's CD# BJ3013 and promo code BJC10. It told me the promo code was invalid but I got a rate of $390.08 for 9 days!!! The best rate I've seen so far so I booked it. Good luck. I would try the BJ's code or something else.

I got a great rate using the BJ's code as well. I noticed on my email verification it does not mention BJ's, just that a discount was taken off. Do you have to present some kind of ID at the counter for this discount?

Thanks bunches :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter