Dollar check-in @ MCO

thebs19

Mouseketeer
With about 2 weeks left, I'm pretty certain now I'm not going to beat my Dollar weeklong rental price of $140ish all in for Easter week. As such, I was wondering if anyone could speak to their check-in process so I know what to expect.

I did sign up for the Express membership - is there any counter stuff necessary, or is there a kiosk (or even better - nothing!!) option? Do I get to pick my own car (I booked a full size)?

Thanks! Just trying to budget time - we land at 5:30p at MCO.

The last time I rented with Dollar (Las Vegas in February) with the Express membership I completely bypassed the counter. I just got in a car and drove to the checkout booth.

You can go straight to the garage (as long as your reservation is linked to your Dollar Express account) and look on the board it will tell you which car is yours. Unfortunately you don't get to choose the car (like Alamo). But I have heard that if you don't like it you can ask for a different one.

I think it depends on how busy they are. There is a kiosk in the garage as PP said with your name on the board. Sometimes they tell me what car to take, other times they will say "choose any car from slot# ___ to slot #___. Excellent price!!

When we were there in December our name was on the board, however, they told us to pick any car from the aisle

**Scratch this. I just remembered we rented from Alamo. Sorry!

Last edited:
I think it depends on how busy they are. There is a kiosk in the garage as PP said with your name on the board. Sometimes they tell me what car to take, other times they will say "choose any car from slot# ___ to slot #___. Excellent price!!

Well thats good! I'm not really pick on cars - if there was a chance there were bigger cars in the full size aisle, thatd be one thing but I've heard consistently that Dollar does not have that at all. Aside from that, amongst the choices, I don't really care - as long as there is no cigarette odor and the AC works, I'm sure we'll be fine. I was more concerned about the long counter wait and the hard sell I'd have to sit through while my kids (and myself) are dying to get to MK.

Going the same time and doing express. If you go to the counter instead do you get to pick your car?

Kids always like to choose which one

Thx

No, I think with Dollar they choose the car for you whether it is in the garage (dollar express) or at the counter like everyone else. If you want to choose your car you are better off with Alamo or National - emerald aisle.

If you have Express (it's free - so I recommend you get it and then have it added to your reservation) you go right to the garage and they have a TV monitor that has your name and the slot your car is in. You usually have to wait for an attendant to take you to the car and go over it with you including the damage check. You can ask to switch if you don't like the car they have chosen for you. After that is done you drive to the gate and check out (generally much faster than Alamo as they actually use the stored information in the Express profile) and show your license, receive a printed contract, and go.

I wouldn't recommend going to the counter inside as it always has a line. They do have kiosks inside that never have a line (they are near the pole near the line entrance). If you don't have Express, use the kiosk and then go to the garage where the attendant will help you select a car.

Rented from Dollar a couple weeks ago and have Dollar Express. As PPs have said, you can go straight to the garage, get your car and go. Very quick. That said, my bf and I rented from Dollar in December and must have hit it at just the wrong time as there were a lot of people with "see attendant" on the screen and literally NO cars in the aisle when we arrived. When our turn came, we were upgraded a couple levels because it was the only car that had been returned and become available (and I'm sure there is a logical limit to that, they probably won't upgrade you from a Compact to full size SUV). From my previous experiences with Dollar, I will say to avoid the counter at all costs. There is always a line (sometimes a very long line, but it does move along pretty well) and they have been very hard-sell on additional insurance, toll transponders, upgrades, pre-paying for fuel etc. My first DE experience, I couldn't believe the difference, "Good Morning, Ress, your car is around the corner in slot whatever, I upgraded it from a Compact to an Intermediate, I hope that's OK. Thanks and have a great day." Completely different experience.

We have a car reserved from Dollar for May 1st - May 15th.. and I keep reading horror stories about Dollar. I am a little worried but everyone here seems to have had good experiences right? We signed up for the express after we booked our reservation, are we still going to be able to link them??

Just call and ask them to add the reservation to your account. I have done it. Also, i haven't had a bad experience with Dollar - doing the express makes it easy because there is not upsell. The only disadvantage is they pick the car for you.

Just call and ask them to add the reservation to your account. I have done it. Also, i haven't had a bad experience with Dollar - doing the express makes it easy because there is not upsell. The only disadvantage is they pick the car for you.

Thanks hun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter