Dollar Car Rental???

sammysmom

DIS Veteran
Looking for advice. We usually book thru National and get the Emerald Aisle, however, we are in need of a minivan this year due to extended family traveling. I love National since we have never had any issues, however, the prices are so high for September. Anyone use Dollar Express? How long does it usually take to get your car? Any help you can give me is appreciated. Thanks!!

We have used Dollar a ocuple of times. I suggest you sign up for Dollar express as this will let you use a special line for express customers. I once bypassed about 30 people in line. They will not try to upsell you as an express member. You then go to the garage where they will assign you a car. to make it faster, the person renting the vehicle should go start the process while someone else waits for the luggage. One time I was able to go to the counter and the garage and make it back to luggage claim before the luggage came out. We were very satisfied with the van and cars we have had.

Looking for advice. We usually book thru National and get the Emerald Aisle, however, we are in need of a minivan this year due to extended family traveling. I love National since we have never had any issues, however, the prices are so high for September. Anyone use Dollar Express? How long does it usually take to get your car? Any help you can give me is appreciated. Thanks!!

I've been happy with Dollar and their Dollar Express service at MCO for many years. While I also use National or Budget when there's an appreciable price advantage, Dollar is usually my first choice.

As PP noted, there's a separate queue for Dollar Express members at the reservation desk in the terminal. But there isn't a separate customer service representative for that queue. The CSRs are trained to looked down to the Dollar Express queue and serve that customer next regardless of how many people are in the "regular" queue. Give the CSR your name or, if you have your rental paperwork with you, the reservation information - I think they may ask for your credit card and license, too, but don't specifically remember. They'll give you your rental paperwork and maps if needed and send you to the garage across the street. Go to the booth, get your keys to your assigned vehicle and you're on your way. The time it takes really depends on whether there's anyone ahead of you in the Dollar Express queue and at the booth in the garage. But the whole process shouldn't take any more than five to ten minutes. As PP suggested, I usually go to the Dollar desk while my wife and children are waiting for the luggage - that compresses the time considerably.

Dick Taylor

I had one bad experience with Dollar a few years back. Car had an odor and the back windows wouldn't roll down. It was thanksgiving week and the attendent said take it or leave it nothing was left. We took it after making sure the attendent wrote on the slip about the odor and the windows not working. Got to the destination, it was a one way rental, and told the attendent that I would not rent with dollar again. Manager came out and I explained to him what happened and showed the sheet. By the time I got home I had my rental fees refunded and a letter of apology from Dollar.

Other than that one thing, they have been great and if you use some of the discouunt codes that you can find on Mousesavers you can really undercut the other major companies. Dollar codes work on Thrifty as well. They are all owned by the same company

Just echoing everyone else's sentiments. We've used Dollar in the past as they are usually the cheapest for our needs and we will continue to use them in the future. We've never had any problems with them and using the Dollar Express line is a great time saver. But be prepared for some dirty looks from the people in the regular line. :lmao:

If you don't mind the extra inconvenience, you can also rent from the Dollar location at the Regal Sun Resort, which is just across the street from the DTD bus stop (5 minute walk). It's usually cheaper than renting from MCO and you can take advantage of Magical Express (if that's something you're interested in).

Yes off airport is cheaper. You don't have to pay the Airport Concession Recovery fee! I would use ME and rent it from Regal Sun.

Yes I am doing that. I am taking ME and then renting from Dollar at the Regal Sun Resort. Its right across the street from Disney's Marketplace so you can walk there from there. If you happen to be staying at Saratoga like us..you can walk right from the resort. I got a $49 a day deal for a minivan using a BJ's corporate code. Just go to BJS.com and click on travel / car rentals in the top right. The Dollar Rental Car section will contain a corporate code in the text. Just copy that into the corporate code on Dollars website.

Good luck. Hope this helps. Let me know how you make out.

FYI when renting from Dollar at the Regal Sun last year they had a free shuttle that would pick you up, you just had to set it up in advance. I'm not sure if they still do this but try calling them and check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter