Dollar car and tolls

kylie

Mouseketeer
My son just phoned from Orlando and the sales person gave him the hard sell re the toll pass. What is the charges and conditions dollar use. I always go with Alamo and the charge last time was day of use plus toll. He is on his honeymoon and does not want any unpleasant surprises either by fine or 14 days of daily charges for one or two uses.

I ve never taken it and never find tolls too bad. Didn't have exact change once and did get fined though!!! Personally I would have thought it's not worth the price (like everything they try to sell you!) just make sure you have cash to hand

It worked out cheaper for us just to pay the tolls, you just have to watch out for when to turn in to the toll booths, otherwise you get charged for a sunpass if you miss one, which worked out dearer for us.

Another vote for decline and pay cash. We usually book Alamo and you are only charged if you choose to use it. Dollar are expensive and it's easy to use cash. We also managed to pick up a fine a couple of years ago but even once we'd paid that plus the tolls we used, we were still cheaper than we would have been taking the Dollar electronic transponder. If you plan to travel down Miami way though there are some toll roads that don't have any booths. We never go that far afield.

Mrs TT

Yes like others have said pay cash. Otherwise you have to pay a daily fee for the toll pass even if you are not driving on a toll road. The ride to and from WDW should not cost more than $5 each way from the airport. The daily fee with Dollar is $10.95 x 14 days = $153. USD

Been there 17 times and never bought the pass. If you are staying around the main Disney / I-Drive / Kissimmee areas you will probably never even encounter a toll other than your journey to and from the airport.

David

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter