Dole Whip With Spiced Rum

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
I tried it today at the Epcot F&G Festival and my opinion is :sad: :eek: :faint: :sick: :furious:

I had hoped they would do something such as add the rum into the mix and get a combined flavor. Apparently what they did was run the Dole Whip into a glass and then add the rum over the top, so that it pooled near the bottom.

It really did not enhance any of the flavor. And when I tried stirring near the end it was just yucky.

It was definitely not worth the $6.25 that was charged.

I'm not a fan of spiced rum. but maybe Malibu rum (coconut flavored) or a light rum would of been better. Sorry they ruined the Dole Whip for you...

It sounds like a good idea in theory, but it would really depend on the spiced rum used. I think most of the popular ones are swill.

As a nondrinker, I'm glad to know I'm not missing out on anything! I will happily enjoy a regular Dole Whip on Saturday :goodvibes

Thanks for taking one for the team, Cheshire! I can use that money somewhere else now.

That sounds gross! Man, I was excited too - I thought they had figured out how to add the rum to the dole whip mix.

CF is correct - they do not actually add rum to the dole whip - they pour it over as a "floater" and apparently they don't use much.

Regular, no-rum-added Dole Whips are also sold at the same place.

I didn't think they would add the rum to the dole whip because alcohol doesn't freeze and it wouldn't work. I didn't realize it would be spiced rum thought. As someone mentioned coconut rum would have made much more sense. Thanks for the review. One less thing I will be trying.

That's a disappointment! A Dole Whip and a shot of rum just doesn't sound good at all!

I think it would taste good if they crossed a Dole Whip Float with a Lapu Lapu.

Sad. If they were just going to pour rum over the top, I would prefer some nice Dark Myers Rum.

TDC Nala said:
Regular, no-rum-added Dole Whips are also sold at the same place.

Yup, it's identical to the one at Alpha Isles, but a much smaller portion. While it was fun to have Dole Whip at Epcot, you get more for your money at MK.

I tried it today at the Epcot F&G Festival and my opinion is :sad: :eek: :faint: :sick: :furious:

I had hoped they would do something such as add the rum into the mix and get a combined flavor. Apparently what they did was run the Dole Whip into a glass and then add the rum over the top, so that it pooled near the bottom.

It really did not enhance any of the flavor. And when I tried stirring near the end it was just yucky.

It was definitely not worth the $6.25 that was charged.

Yup, it's identical to the one at Alpha Isles, but a much smaller portion. While it was fun to have Dole Whip at Epcot, you get more for your money at MK.

Ah, such a shame! I was really looking forward to trying this in May. Oh, well thanks for letting us know. I guess I'll be getting a regular Dole Whip float at MK.

Cheshire, since you were there, do you mind if I ask what else you've tried. Any other things particularly tasty (or particularly bad, good value, bad value)?

I agree! I was so upset it wasn't as great as I expected. There was just a shot of rum at the bottom. I'll stick to the cucumber margarita at la cava from now on.

I also thought that they were mixing spiced rum right into the dole whip. Sorry to hear it's just a shot of rum and doesn't live up to expectations. I guess I won't be missing it as much as I thought I would.

Got to disagree with you one this one Cheshire. Had the Dole Whip with the spiced rum last night and loved it! Best idea ever!

Ah, such a shame! I was really looking forward to trying this in May. Oh, well thanks for letting us know. I guess I'll be getting a regular Dole Whip float at MK.

Cheshire, since you were there, do you mind if I ask what else you've tried. Any other things particularly tasty (or particularly bad, good value, bad value)?
I had the Frushi at Hanami, definitely worth having again.
The Pulled Pork Slider at the Smokehouse and it was quite good.
The Panna Cotta at Primavera was nothing to write home about and was extremely overpriced for the portion size.
The German Meatloaf Sandwich at Bauernmart was not as good as expected.
The Spring Pancake at Lotus House was very good and a good value.

Got to disagree with you one this one Cheshire. Had the Dole Whip with the spiced rum last night and loved it! Best idea ever!

One of my favorites.....just have to keep the kids from accidentally having some. :P

I had the Frushi at Hanami, definitely worth having again.
The Pulled Pork Slider at the Smokehouse and it was quite good.
The Panna Cotta at Primavera was nothing to write home about and was extremely overpriced for the portion size.
The German Meatloaf Sandwich at Bauernmart was not as good as expected.
The Spring Pancake at Lotus House was very good and a good value.

Thanks! Gotta put those on my list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter