Dole Whip questions

Shelton123

<font color=purple>Ahh girly drama *runs away*<br>
Okay, where do you get the Dole Whips? What is the difference between a Dole Whip and a Dole Whip Float? Which one is better?

Dole Whip is available at the Aloha Isle Snacks in Adventureland, and at Captain Cooks at the Polynesian.

Dole Whip Floats are only in Adventureland, and are my favorite, although both are great!

Dole whip is soft serve pineapple ice cream. The float has the soft serve in a cup with pineapple juice on the bottom.

Here's the dole whip float. Both are very refreshing but I like the float better.
IMG_0540.jpg

Dole Whip is the name of an ice cream type concoction. It is not really ice cream since it is not made of dairy. It comes in pineapple, chocolate, and vanilla and a few of those flavors combined. A Dole Whip float is pineapple juice topped with Dole Whip, usually the pineapple flavor, but you can request which ever you would prefer.

We like the dole whip float. The ice cream mixed with the pineapple juice is good. It's a huge serving and no way could I finish one alone. I get one and share it with the kids.

I'm also a big fan of the float. It's very refreshing. DH doesn't care for it, but would eat the Dole whip. I usually try to cut back that way after we've done what we want to do as far as Pirates, Big Thunder, Splash, etc. Then we go back through to Aloha Isle before leaving that part of the park again.
Great picture by the way. :-)

MMMMMM Dole whip:lovestruc I'm not a big fan of the float, it's a bit too sweet for me, but oh how I love the whip!!!

I love the floats, although I wouldn't turn down a Dole Whip if offered. I heard the Poly has a dole whip machine. Is this true!!??:banana:

yes, as mentioned it's available at captain cook's at the poly

We had both the Dole Whip at the Poly and the float at Magic Kingdom. Both are good but I think the float is especially refreshing.

Does anyone know if they still offer the frozen dessert that is an ice cream twist style that is vanilla ice cream/frozen custard and the other part is a frozen orange juice type of ice? It was like a big frozen dreamsicle twist and they served it also at Aloha Ise. It was at least 15 years since I have had one but I used to order them there all the time. Just wondering if they were still around. Any info would be appreciated! :)

Does anyone know if they still offer the frozen dessert that is an ice cream twist style that is vanilla ice cream/frozen custard and the other part is a frozen orange juice type of ice? It was like a big frozen dreamsicle twist and they served it also at Aloha Ise. It was at least 15 years since I have had one but I used to order them there all the time. Just wondering if they were still around. Any info would be appreciated! :)

I think you're referring to the "Citrus Swirl." It's at Sunshine Tree Terrace in Adventureland. Kinda in the semi-circle behind the Flying Carpet ride. Two minute walk from Aloha Isle :)

Citrus Swirl - frozen orange juice swirled with vanilla soft-serve $2.99

Also, I have two questions about the Dole Whip Float. I love the regular Dole Whip with vanilla/pineapple swirl but I've never tried the float.

1) Does the float allow you to have a swirl of two flavors? Or just one flavor with the pineapple juice.

2) Do they give you a larger portion of the ice cream in the Float as opposed to the regular Whip dessert?

I believe you can get a swirl in the Dole Whip float. When we were there a few weeks ago we got just pineapple once and the second time my dd got either a swirl or just ice cream. I can't remember but I really think it was swirl. It seemed to have more ice cream in the float vs plain Dole Whip. The cup for the float is bigger and they still swirl it up like in a cone. I prefer the float- YUM! :)
We also had the orange/vanilla swirl in Adventureland. Excellent! Gosh, both were sooooo good...now look what you've done:sad:

oo oo oo Just a personal tip- You may want to try a dole whip float but with vanilla ice cream instead of pineapple. MAN is that good:love: !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter