• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dole Whip, Now in Mason, OH

I can remember eating orange Dole Whip all the time in my high school cafeteria in Canton, Ohio ... and we're talking 20 some years ago!

I've never had a Dole Whip, so I guess I now have another place to try one. As for the blue ice cream, I never thought it was that great, but it worked well when the Smurf ride was still there. When the Smurfs went away my desire for the blue ice cream went with it. Now I'm wondering if I should try it again sometime. I just have to think about these when I'm there and it's hot out.

I worked at Kings Dominion during college and we jumped for joy when the smurf ice cream went away - I was there at the beginning of the Paramount years. I was in the entertainment department and would cry every time a kid came into one of the open-air theaters with a blue ice cream cone. That stuff was a pain in the butt to get off of the bleachers. I felt really bad for the area host/hostesses who had to clean it up off the planters, the sidewalks, the rides...everywhere...

As far as I know, other Cedar Fairs, locations like Cedar Point don't.

K&W in Springboro, OH, also has the Dole Whip now. I saw it listed recently when cutting down 741 after leaving the KI area. I also saw it at an ice cream place in or near Kettering, OH. I think that a lot of the smaller ice cream shops are starting to carry Dole Whips. I've seen more and more listings for them over the past couple of years.

You can get Dole Whip in Cincinnati also. General Custard's in Western Hills has had it for a few years now. They rotate flavors weekly but the pineapple always sells out quickly.

Holy moley, I live about 1/2 mile from General Custard, never knew this. Guess I'll have to act like the nice mom & stop when the kids are in the car so I can get this.

SO my husband is CRAZY for Dole Whips! I drug him to Disney for the first time last year (now hes hooked!) and he still wont stop talking about the Dole Whips!:lmao: We only live about @ hours from Kings Island in Mason, so after I a woke him from his slumber:rolleyes1 to tell him this little taste (pun intended) piece of info, guess where he proclaimed we are going this week?! Straight to KINGS ISLAND!! Dole Whip here we COME!!!!:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter