Dole Whip Mix or Cuisinart Help

GOOFY4DONALD

DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They wer
Good moring. I'm hoping someone can help me out. We just bought a Cuisinart soft serve machine and the dole whip mix off amazon. This gigantic bag is obviously for commercial use so we had to modify the ratio. We let the drum freeze for 2 days and though we had it right but we just eneed up with cold soup. Does anyone have either of these items and has anyone had success?
I've looked on the Internet and all the troubleshooting we have tried (ie making sure the drum is frozen)
Thank you so much

Did you refrigerate the mix for a couple hours before putting it in the machine? This is key to making any kind of homemade ice cream/frozen dessert. It needs to be VERY cold before your start mixing it up in the machine.

Also, what were the exact measurements you used for the water and the mix?

Did you refrigerate the mix for a couple hours before putting it in the machine? This is key to making any kind of homemade ice cream/frozen dessert. It needs to be VERY cold before your start mixing it up in the machine.

Also, what were the exact measurements you used for the water and the mix?
Thank you for the reply. The mix sat in the fridge overnight. As far as the exact ratio my husband mixed it so I'm not sure

The only thing I can add is that the ratio for the pineapple flavor is different than the other flavors.

With my standard Cuisinart ice cream maker I could never get it to work. Wondering if it takes a lower temp to freeze.

the ice cream never really gets rock hard, when i have made ice cream it is usually soft serve type.

The only thing I can add is that the ratio for the pineapple flavor is different than the other flavors.

With my standard Cuisinart ice cream maker I could never get it to work. Wondering if it takes a lower temp to freeze.
Maybe so you really can't make it at home. We have other flavors of mix as well....maybe we will try those and see if it's the machine, the mix, or us.

I always get better results with the old ice and rock salt machine than the canister Cuisinart one, it's just bigger, louder and and generally a pain to babysit.

Have you used the machine successfully for ice cream? I wonder if it's actually partially churning the cream and that's really what's thickening it. Anyway, in addition to other mixes, I'd also try making sure the canister stays in the freezer until the last possible second and that the mix spends 15-12 minutes chilling the freezer after it's time in the fridge. If you want to try to figure out of it's the mix or the machine, you can try the coffee can method with ice and rock salt (I use screw top Gladware) with a small batch to see if the mix can be frozen that way. If you've successfully made ice cream with the machine, I suppose you could just add some dairy to the mix. Also, you may want to look at videos of other people using the same machine or the same mix, it's not aerated by a commercial machine, so even if it works, it's not going to be quite like the product you're used to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter