Dole Whip is a Dish Best Served Cold. A Sept PTR- 10/2 - TR POSTED!

That Kermit animation is making me giggle. And yes, I totally read it in his voice :)
Me too, so I had to use it!

I'm so glad you got the ADR you wanted!! I think it would be really cool to be in the park before it opened! No way I'd be able to CLOSE the park, but I could absolutely OPEN it! Hehe. I like what you said a few posts back about not wanting to spend too much time in a restaurant instead of being out doing stuff. I had to really fight with myself to not overschedule the restaurants for that very reason.
I'm a morning person so opening the parks are easy for me too! I don't know about the rest of my party though!

I love that those Birkenstocks have a design on the strappy thing. Hopefully they work out really well for both of you! Nothing worse than walking ten miles a day with sore feet :headache
I was all set to get some boring brown but fell in love with the paisley. I keep wearing them around the house and they hurt! But I'm getting there!

I'm not a huge fan of going to the mall, unless it's somewhere other than where I live. Then I find them fascinating
Same here! My mall here is incredibly small and boring though, so there's that. I probably look like I'm one of the hill folk coming down for my once a year shopping trip when I get into a big mall :rotfl:

And a SUPER HUGE YAY (great English!) for your 2015 trip!!!! I really really want to go for Christmas 2015 and I'm sorely tempted to start planning it!
Dooooo it! I'm planning on late November, roughly the 21st - 28th (or longer, we'll see!)

Good morning, and HAPPY EASTER to you all!

Disney-Easter-Wallpaper-3.jpg

I hope you get the flight you want, but if you don't and have to go a day or two early that's a great consolation. Something tells me tweaking may work in your favor.

Love the sandals. Super cute.

Oh - and the BC sounds wonderful for your 5th anniversary! So pretty there.

Love those sandals! I like the look of your plans - nice combination of what everyone wants to do! Hopefully being in that lovely condo and with so much family will take the sting out of staying of site!

I'd like to say I'm hoping you get the flights you want, but mostly, I think I'm hoping that you "have" to go down early:rotfl2:

Wendy, good to hear you are close with your airmiles. I'm sure you want to get that settled as soon as you can. I hope it works out the way you want it. But getting there a couple of days early sure isn't a bad thing. ;)

Congrats on the new shoes. I can't wear sandals at the parks unless it is a half day with a definite break to change into something different for the second half.

What's wrong with planning a 2015 trip now? If I could plan our Disneyland trip for 2015 I'd be all over it. But until I see Mark's show schedule for 2015, I can't even pick a month yet. :( I have to say I LOVE the Boardwalk; I was not a fan of the Beach Club. The Yacht Club...yes, when I win the lotto I'd like to stay there.

I hope you get the flight you want, but if you don't and have to go a day or two early that's a great consolation. Something tells me tweaking may work in your favor.
I checked on the flights and there's not much available, we may just have to look at going on a different day after all. :thumbsup2

Love the sandals. Super cute.
Thanks! Now if I could just get them broken in!

Oh - and the BC sounds wonderful for your 5th anniversary! So pretty there.
The pool drew us in! lol We still flip flop on which one to go to, but it will definitely be an Epcot area resort.

Love those sandals! I like the look of your plans - nice combination of what everyone wants to do! Hopefully being in that lovely condo and with so much family will take the sting out of staying of site!
That's what I'm hoping! It's awful because I'm not nearly as excited for this trip as I should be!

I'd like to say I'm hoping you get the flights you want, but mostly, I think I'm hoping that you "have" to go down early:rotfl2:
Hahaha wouldn't that be the worst?

Wendy, good to hear you are close with your airmiles. I'm sure you want to get that settled as soon as you can. I hope it works out the way you want it. But getting there a couple of days early sure isn't a bad thing. ;)
I just checked yesterday and we now officially have enough AirMiles! Now to see about flights, but it would be nice to squeeze a few extra days out of this! :thumbsup2

Congrats on the new shoes. I can't wear sandals at the parks unless it is a half day with a definite break to change into something different for the second half.
I understand that. I am the opposite -- can't wear sneakers for a long time, especially in the heat so sandals are the only thing I can wear!

What's wrong with planning a 2015 trip now? If I could plan our Disneyland trip for 2015 I'd be all over it. But until I see Mark's show schedule for 2015, I can't even pick a month yet. :( I have to say I LOVE the Boardwalk; I was not a fan of the Beach Club. The Yacht Club...yes, when I win the lotto I'd like to stay there.
We're doing so much planning for that trip and it's kind of fun planning this far in advance! I only wish the park hours were out! :rotfl:
Ahhh that's too bad that you can't pick a month yet, that's one good thing about my job and Johnny's -- both consistent as far as when we could vacation.
Do you mind my asking why you weren't a fan of the Beach Club? I'm trying to get all the info I can before I make a decision (since we're about 7 months away from needing a final answer! :rotfl2: )

I couldn't plan at 2 disney trips at one time. I have stayed at Beach club and was not impressed. I hated the pool, but it was when parts of it was closed. My girls did not like the slide, or they did not like leaving the pool area to walk to the slide.
We are staying at Boardwalk on our next trip, so i'll let you know what I think.

I hope that you can use those air miles to get the flight you want, getting there by 1pm sounds like a much better time than you are usually stuck with.

Birkenstocks are the best shoes ever made lol I danced my whole life and have horrible feet and Birkenstocks are the only thing I can wear without extreme pain. I suggest breaking them in in small chunks at home if you aren't used to wearing them, but once they are broken in, they are heaven!

We are celebrating our 5 years in 2015 too! But we haven't started planning yet :rotfl:I think that staying at the Beach Club sounds amazing!

I couldn't plan at 2 disney trips at one time. I have stayed at Beach club and was not impressed. I hated the pool, but it was when parts of it was closed. My girls did not like the slide, or they did not like leaving the pool area to walk to the slide.
We are staying at Boardwalk on our next trip, so i'll let you know what I think.
Were there other reasons you weren't impressed? I'm trying to gather as much info as possible. That's too bad that you didn't like it, the pool sounds and looks nice but it's always good to get opinions!

I hope that you can use those air miles to get the flight you want, getting there by 1pm sounds like a much better time than you are usually stuck with.
Thanks, I think we're going to take a look at it tonight (though I still haven't heard about my passport! :confused3 )

Birkenstocks are the best shoes ever made lol I danced my whole life and have horrible feet and Birkenstocks are the only thing I can wear without extreme pain. I suggest breaking them in in small chunks at home if you aren't used to wearing them, but once they are broken in, they are heaven!
That's good to hear! They're hard to break in, I've been wearing them a little every day, but I know anyone who wears them swears by them!

We are celebrating our 5 years in 2015 too! But we haven't started planning yet :rotfl:I think that staying at the Beach Club sounds amazing!
Oh cool! (Somehow I feel like I knew we got married in the same year... that's ringing a bell!)

Do you mind my asking why you weren't a fan of the Beach Club? I'm trying to get all the info I can before I make a decision (since we're about 7 months away from needing a final answer! :rotfl2: )

There were a couple of things:

1) Unfriendly CM's in the Marketplace
2) The worse bus service we have ever experienced
3) Too crowded at the pool (which I'm glad I don't have little kids as I would have been a nervous wreck trying to keep the in eye's view); we ended up spending our time at the quiet pool
4) Worse bus service ever

Seriously, we had really horrid bus service

We stayed at the Boardwalk in December and we would pick it 100 times over the Beach Club. We liked it so much that we are doing a split stay there in September.

Finally caught up on your pre-trip report plans. I have trouble keeping up with the regular reports and the FAQ, so I rarely make it over here.

The Bella Piazza looks like a really nice option. I am sorry that all of these other deals and opportunities are appearing that make you yearn for an onsite stay, but like you said- eye on the prize- You are going to Disney World!

YAY for considering more Disney! What is the price difference to add on a day? It usually isn't that much.

We really enjoyed not being tied to the dining plan on our last trip. Love your choices of T-Rex and pre-opening at Crystal Palace. That is so on my bucket list. Be Our Guest lunch, too!

One of our all-time favorite Disney days was the one day, all day at MK we did when we were staying over on the dark side.

Finally, and not at all related to this trip...

We started planning our November 2015 trip (yes, you read right! We're planning 19 months in advance!) It's for our 5th anniversary and we've been sort of planning it since our honeymoon. The one thing we knew was that we wanted to stay at the Boardwalk, but this weekend we got looking at the Beach Club and Yacht Club and we pretty much changed our minds. I mean, seriously, dat POOL!

Best-Orlando-Hotel-Pools-Stormalong-Bay-big.jpg

So happy to read this!

DO IT!!!

:goodvibes

We LOVED the Beach Club. The pool was of course absolutely fabulous and we loved that it had multiple hot tubs but I think our favorite thing about it was the close proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios! We found ourselves spending LOTS of time in those two parks because it was only a 5 minute walk or a short boat ride.

I know! Finally some warmer weather for us :)
We're owed that and more!

3) Too crowded at the pool (which I'm glad I don't have little kids as I would have been a nervous wreck trying to keep the in eye's view); we ended up spending our time at the quiet pool

Thanks, Kathy, I am glad to hear all sides. :thumbsup2 I'm sorry you had a negative experience though. I've marked down your concerns (I have a chart... and a list... I'm a list nerd!) I appreciate the info.

Finally caught up on your pre-trip report plans. I have trouble keeping up with the regular reports and the FAQ, so I rarely make it over here.
Hi Dee! :wave2: Thanks for stopping by! I know it's hard to get over to the PTRs when there's a lot going on!

The Bella Piazza looks like a really nice option. I am sorry that all of these other deals and opportunities are appearing that make you yearn for an onsite stay, but like you said- eye on the prize- You are going to Disney World!
It's a nice condo. I'm trying my hardest to be happy about it but to be honest, we just keep talking about 2015 when we get back on site! :rotfl2: But yes, I get to WDW and that's the important thing!

YAY for considering more Disney! What is the price difference to add on a day? It usually isn't that much.
We had it all priced out and we were thinking of getting a 3 day park hopper, but it's actually cheaper to get a 5 day non PH. I don't remember the numbers (they're home and I'm at work!) but I know it was hardly anything in the difference.

We really enjoyed not being tied to the dining plan on our last trip. Love your choices of T-Rex and pre-opening at Crystal Palace. That is so on my bucket list. Be Our Guest lunch, too!
It's going to be a good experiment to try going without the dining plan -- we've always had it!

One of our all-time favorite Disney days was the one day, all day at MK we did when we were staying over on the dark side.
That's good to know! :thumbsup2 I hope that happens for us too. :goodvibes

So happy to read this!

DO IT!!!

I'll say this much: An Epcot resort is a definite. We have two options and **as of this moment** our lists look something like this:

IF we're using my parents' timeshare package thing and are able to book at Disney, our choices go-
1. Beach Club Villas
2. Boardwalk Villas

IF we're saving up (we already started! :rotfl2: ) and paying for a room-
1. Yacht Club
2. Beach Club
3. Boardwalk

That could all change. In fact it changes by the minute! Last night Boardwalk bumped its way back up to the top... today I'm back to this. :lmao:

And may I say while I'm at it, you run a great FAQ thread over there! Very informative!

We LOVED the Beach Club. The pool was of course absolutely fabulous and we loved that it had multiple hot tubs but I think our favorite thing about it was the close proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios! We found ourselves spending LOTS of time in those two parks because it was only a 5 minute walk or a short boat ride.
I am so glad to hear that! I've been getting a lot of opinions on either side, I'm weighing all my options. As of this moment, Beach Club is still on (or near, depending on how we book) the top! The proximity to Epcot is basically the number one priority for this trip, I just can't get over the thought of walking to Epcot!!

Oooh and if you are looking at Beach Club Villas, it is LITERALLY right out your back door. Also we found BCV to be very quiet in comparison to the Beach Club itself because there is no reason for anyone else to be there (no restaurants, etc.). We LOVED it and it's actually our #1 favorite resort but sadly we haven't been back since then.

I am sorry to hear you had such a disappointing stay at the Beach Club- I know you have hinted about it in the past, but you have been very diplomatic around me (not that you need to be).

When was your stay there? What time of year?

I have never stayed at the Boardwalk, but it looks lovely and I have heard many great reviews. And it shares what I think is the best feature of all of the EPCOT resorts- a fantastic location.

:thumbsup2

I'll say this much: An Epcot resort is a definite. We have two options and **as of this moment** our lists look something like this:

IF we're using my parents' timeshare package thing and are able to book at Disney, our choices go-
1. Beach Club Villas
2. Boardwalk Villas

IF we're saving up (we already started! :rotfl2: ) and paying for a room-
1. Yacht Club
2. Beach Club
3. Boardwalk

That could all change. In fact it changes by the minute! Last night Boardwalk bumped its way back up to the top... today I'm back to this. :lmao:

And may I say while I'm at it, you run a great FAQ thread over there! Very informative!

ALL great choices!!! I am a firm believer in the EPCOT resorts.

Thanks for the kind words about the FAQ thread. I am very proud of how much helpful information there is and even more proud of the friendly vibe. It is a group effort and we are able to provide all of the really detailed information thanks to input from Teena and many, many others who have shared information and pictures after their stays.

I am so glad to hear that! I've been getting a lot of opinions on either side, I'm weighing all my options. As of this moment, Beach Club is still on (or near, depending on how we book) the top! The proximity to Epcot is basically the number one priority for this trip, I just can't get over the thought of walking to Epcot!!

Even after 3 stays at the Beach Club, I am still amazed at the ease of getting to/from EPCOT!

:cheer2:

Oooh and if you are looking at Beach Club Villas, it is LITERALLY right out your back door. Also we found BCV to be very quiet in comparison to the Beach Club itself because there is no reason for anyone else to be there (no restaurants, etc.). We LOVED it and it's actually our #1 favorite resort but sadly we haven't been back since then.
Ohhh that's very interesting. I never thought about it being quiet because there are no restaurants. I'm just getting so excited for this! It's way too far away! :lmao:

When was your stay there? What time of year?
I was wondering that too.

We had a theory that because it's November when we want to go, the pool might be a little less full what with all of the people who aren't thick skinned Canadians thinking it's too cold to swim. :confused3 I could be way off there! But that's how it worked any other time we were there in November! :lmao:

ALL great choices!!! I am a firm believer in the EPCOT resorts.
You're not the only one, which makes me think my choice is a good one. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the kind words about the FAQ thread. I am very proud of how much helpful information there is and even more proud of the friendly vibe. It is a group effort and we are able to provide all of the really detailed information thanks to input from Teena and many, many others who have shared information and pictures after their stays.
It's an entertaining one to read, I like just popping over and seeing everyone else's questions and the answers.

Even after 3 stays at the Beach Club, I am still amazed at the ease of getting to/from EPCOT!

:cheer2:
I can't wait for this. That's without a doubt, the part I'm most excited for. Walking to Epcot!!?? :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter