Dole Whip hype..

It's easy enough for any business with soft serve/frozen yogurt machine to buy the mix and use it. However, they would need customers who know what it is enough to seek it out.

I looked up the Orange Leaf locations around here, and apparently they have all closed. However, there's apparently at least one L&L Hawaiian BBQ place that has it in San Jose.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/l-and-l-haw...rid=ucC0wvI2gcVzTlewusnKJQ&rh_ident=dole whip

Here's a list of locations that might have it around LA (including a place called Tiki Juice Bar in Anaheim):

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Dole+Whip&find_loc=Los+Angeles,+CA

Another frozen yogurt chain that may have it is Menchie's. There's one near where I live. I gotta try it.

I LOVE Dole Whips!!
I like the Dole Whip floats with vanilla ice cream and pineapple juice!!

Holy crap! I never realized Dole whips were fat free. I just looked up the info on them and they are only 80 calories and 18 carbs... not too bad at all!

I think they taste great, but I didn't like the dole whip in the pineapple juice... I just like the soft serve.

Holy crap! I never realized Dole whips were fat free. I just looked up the info on them and they are only 80 calories and 18 carbs... not too bad at all!

I think they taste great, but I didn't like the dole whip in the pineapple juice... I just like the soft serve.

I don't think they're technically fat free since coconut oil is the third ingredient in the mix. However, there's so little of it in a 4 oz prepared serving that they can claim zero fat in the nutritional information. Really though - it's something like 90% water and air when properly prepared. The instructions say that a 4.4 lb bag is mixed with 2 gallons of water (about 16.7 lbs). Then a soft serve machine will freeze it and pump it to a consistency where it's mostly air.

This is what the manufacturer says:

http://precisionfoods.com/foodservice/product_detail.cfm?wpCatId=52568&skuId=795055

Directions For Use

Fill a clean Dole® mixing bucket with cold tap water to the indicated one gallon line. Add contents of one bag of Dole® Soft Serve mix while stirring with a wire whisk until mix is completely dissolved (about 2 minutes). Add cold water to bring mixture to the indicated two gallon line and stir well. Pour the mixture into your soft serve machine or cover and place in refrigerator.*

Fat Free: **Coconut oil contributes a trivial amount of fat.

I adore Dole Whips. I like that they're fairly small. Sometimes when I get a theme park snack I wind up groaning that I ate too much afterwards. Never with a Dole Whip!

And yes, it's hard to beat on a hot day.

It would be nice, in the opinion of me tastebuds, if different flavors were offered. Here is my list suggestion for soft serve and or floats to be offered at the Tiki Hut )That's what I call it lol :
Orange, Orange/Vanilla, Rootbeer, Chocolate, Chocolate/Vanilla swirl, Mint and the list can easily continue on. :) Yum!

Holy crap! I never realized Dole whips were fat free. I just looked up the info on them and they are only 80 calories and 18 carbs... not too bad at all! I think they taste great, but I didn't like the dole whip in the pineapple juice... I just like the soft serve.

For one disney serving size? Or a particular # of oz? Either way wow I'm shocked the calories are so low but not surprised by the carbs haha!

I found some chain called Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt that claims they carry it. They have 9 locations in and around Chicago. One is in Elk Grove Village.

http://orangeleafyogurt.com/Flavors/dole_pineapple_
http://www.yelp.com/biz/orange-leaf-elk-grove-village

One Yelp review say they have "dairy free pineapple", which would seem to be Dole pineapple.

We have one here. I like the Disney dole whip better. There's something weird about orange leaf's texture. It's ok for a fix, but just not the same. :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

For one disney serving size? Or a particular # of oz? Either way wow I'm shocked the calories are so low but not surprised by the carbs haha!

It's essentially flavored sugar water that pumped with air and frozen. Pretty much the only calories come from the sugars.

And I'm having some right now from one of the places I mentioned. However, the employee who helped claimed they were the only ones who had this stuff outside of Disney parks and the Dole Plantation. I said anyone could buy the mix and I've heard there are other places in the Bay Area that have it. I think the manager probably trained him to say that. The place is one that sells by the ounce. Maybe a bit more than I'd get at the Tiki Room (8 oz) was less than $3.25.

I've seen the pineapple flavor at Santa Cruz - on the Boardwalk. They were open last year over a holiday and I just had to have the soft serve on pineapple juice.

100_2232.JPG

I worked in that cart back when i was a teenager (decades ago). It used to be Nacho Express and it was the worst of the Whiting Foods locations on the Boardwalk to work at. You were by yourself all day in the cart and had to clean crusty pots of re-fried beans at the end of the day.

We've been taking our 2 dd's for 15 years 1 to 2 (ok, sometimes 3) times per year. Never had a Dole Whip. Last time, 17 yo wanted to try one. I'm not big on pineapple generally, but it was awesome! If you have any interest, you should at least try it.

I worked in that cart back when i was a teenager (decades ago). It used to be Nacho Express and it was the worst of the Whiting Foods locations on the Boardwalk to work at. You were by yourself all day in the cart and had to clean crusty pots of re-fried beans at the end of the day.

We were there on President's Day last year. It was a bit chilly but I just had to have it. It also seemed kind of depressing. There was enough of a crowd, but nothing like even a summer weekday. I noticed most of the stands had little business, but pretty much all of them were open.

I've tried the Dole Whip & float at WDW. Neither floated my boat. I think rum could be the magic ingredient to win me over. Perhaps my rum runners should come on my upcoming trip. :D Does the stand at DL sell the fresh pineapple spears like they did/do at WDW?

Funny thing is that there is also a Dole Whip soft serve machine in the ABC Store right next to Aulani :lmao:

I tried it...was pretty good. Disneyland's was better but it got me a fix. :thumbsup2

Tastes like sherbet to me, which I also can't stand the taste of. :crazy2:

To each their own though! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter