Doing your own Bibbity Boppity Boutique

carwel

Earning My Ears
Anybody have some tips for dolling up your little princess on a budget?

Take her to the barbar shop in the front of MK... they will do give her an up-do and pixie dust for significantly less.
You can get a costume on clearance if you wait until after Halloween or just get one from target or walmart...

If you're at all handy with a hairbrush, a few dollars worth of gel and spray glitter will replicate most of the styles. Pick up a cute scrunchie or clip ahead of time to add in. You could even add in some streaks of spray color if you'd like.

Most of this can be found at dollar stores, Target's Dollar Spot, and girl's jewelry stores like Claire's.

You can also pick up some inexpensive makeup or use a bit of yours to give them glittery eyeshadow and lip gloss.

The trick is to do things that are completely over the top and not usable in every day life--the biggest hair you can make, the frilliest scrunchie you can find, the brightest purple hair spray, etc. That will make it seem special and not just an everyday ponytail.

If you're at all handy with a hairbrush, a few dollars worth of gel and spray glitter will replicate most of the styles. Pick up a cute scrunchie or clip ahead of time to add in. You could even add in some streaks of spray color if you'd like.

Most of this can be found at dollar stores, Target's Dollar Spot, and girl's jewelry stores like Claire's.

You can also pick up some inexpensive makeup or use a bit of yours to give them glittery eyeshadow and lip gloss.

The trick is to do things that are completely over the top and not usable in every day life--the biggest hair you can make, the frilliest scrunchie you can find, the brightest purple hair spray, etc. That will make it seem special and not just an everyday ponytail.

Completely agree with this. My DD/neice just wanted something beyond the everyday look. Body glitter is big. You can get some nice hair clip ons at Sally's Beauty Supply for under $10, too. make a pony and clip/twist those on. Easy peasy and a very princessy updo. (Credit to one of my Brownies for this who told me all the best hairdos come from fake hair from Sallys :laughing:) Use those all the time for DD's dance recitals.

You can get a tiara from Michaels/AC Moore witha 40% off coupon from the paper, too. good for later Halloween costumes, birthday parties and father daughter dances, too :)

Walmart has glitter hair spray - in the party supply section I think. We did that and curled her hair... my dd then 7 loved it. and she's learned a little frugality from Mom and was shocked at the cost of BBB

The up-do's at BBB are very easy, you just pull the hair up into a high ponytail, then roll the pony under into a bun, then you just add the tiara or the fake hair and there you go, that's it. If your DD has super long hair (like I do, and yes I did BBB with my girls for my bday) use clear rubber bands along the length of the ponytail to hold the hair together when you roll it. It's really very quick and easy to do.

I bought DD a "diamond" headband on ebay during prom season. She thought that was grand with her simple twist bun. She still wears it once in a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter