Doing something over the top for our daughter...

Congratulations to all of you! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Definitely visit the "cake chatter" thread and see if there's something there that she would think is super special for dessert at one of your dinners.

I wonder if you could make the BBB appointment later in the trip so you'd have time to show it to her and see what her reaction is. My dd's at four would have loved it. They also did loved all meals with all princesses when they were that age. The didn't offer it when they were 4, but they also would have absolutely loved the princess tea that has been mentioned.

What about a fireworks cruise? That seems over the top and super fun. Definitely memorable and celebratory.

Enjoy your trip whatever you decide. Just take lots of photos, you'll always want to remember this milestone. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

If you want an over the top thing and she is into the princesses...there is a Perfectly Princess Tea Party at the Grand Floridian (it is very expensive). But do it after you go to the BBB.

I would second this! I did this for my DD for her 4th birthday and we both loved it! The whole experience is top notch and the sleeping beauty doll that she gets to take home is something she will always have to remember the experience.

Also, we did breakfast at CRT and I ordered a chocolate slipper for DD's bday and that was also a big hit! Really pretty to look at and so yummy to eat. Have a wonderful time with your daughter... :wizard:

As a mother who gave birth to a 2lb, 26 weeker, with significant complications and a 3 month NICU stay, your daughter's milestone has special meaning to me. How wonderful! For your special celebration I would suggest the Wishes Dessert Party at the Tommorowland Terrace (MK). You get an incredible spread of special dessert treats and great viewing of Wishes. Reservations are required (you can make them online). I think that WDW vacations are pretty much over the top all by themselves but this would likely be fun and special for your daughter.

Thanks everyone so much, and for the congratulations to our daughter as well. :) I was only able to do the chocolate slipper as the other places have no availability, but we have some nice ressies the whole week so we're just going to do our best to make it the most magical experience for her. Bonus for us is she's still too little height wise to go on most of the rollercoasters (or that's what we're telling her at least...lol) so that'll be our saving grace as DH and I are both rollercoaster wimps. :lmao:

I'd highly recommend the Perfectly Princess Tea at the Grand Floridian. It is a much more intimate experience than the theme park princess meals and it remains among my DD's favorite Disney memories. It has been 5 years since we did the tea party and her Aurora doll (American Girl sized) still has a place of honor in her otherwise all-too-tweenish bedroom, and she is still adding charms to her bracelet. On the dining review board there is a wonderful pictoral review if you want to check it out. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2591011

My DD was 6 before we did BBB because she just didn't like the sitting still aspects of a makeover when she was younger, so I think the suitability of that one depends on the child's personality. At 4, DD enjoyed her first haircut & pixie dust at the barber shop but that was about the limit of her patience for primping.

Something else that we considered for DD's 6th birthday trip (but decided against in favor of BBB) is the "Proclaim her a Princess" package from the Disney Florist. It comes with a pretty certificate, a glass slipper, a tiara and a bracelet. They have a lot of really sweet packages and you can even contact them about customization too.

Not as over the top, but in the "getting ready for school" spirit - make sure to check out the backpacks, pencil cases, and other goodies you can find at World of Disney. Nothing says special like heading off to that first day of school with a special pencil box (Marie from Aristocats in my DD's case) from your WDW vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter