Doing Disney VEGETARIAN.

jojo05

Boy, why are you crying?
I recently became a vegetarian, again. Who here is? and has done disney? Are there many veg-friendly choices?

Every restaurant has at least one vegetarian option. Some are better then others. Boma is really good, and I don't know if you're on the DDP or not, but Sanaa and Kouzzina both have really good vegetarian options on their appetizer menu.

The new Mexican restaurant La Hacienda apparently has a seperate vegetarian that you have to ask for, but no one seems to know what's on it, but I had a great pescetarian meal there last month.

Every restaurant has at least one vegetarian option. Some are better then others. Boma is really good, and I don't know if you're on the DDP or not, but Sanaa and Kouzzina both have really good vegetarian options on their appetizer menu.

The new Mexican restaurant La Hacienda apparently has a seperate vegetarian that you have to ask for, but no one seems to know what's on it, but I had a great pescetarian meal there last month.

Oh, thanks! :-) Yes, i am on the DDP, have a few ADRs, here's hoping i find something tasty!

I'm not totally vegetarian these days though I left the red meat world when I was 16 and have never looked back. I'm sure vegans find it more challenging to eat out.

My young dkids don't eat beef/pork etc. either and always leave our dining plan table service meals full and happy having had a well balanced meal too.
--counter service meals though a bit harder to manage, less variety

I've found this site helpful.

http://allears.net/din/special.htm

I'm not totally vegetarian these days though I left the red meat world when I was 16 and have never looked back. I'm sure vegans find it more challenging to eat out.

My young dkids don't eat beef/pork etc. either and always leave our dining plan table service meals full and happy having had a well balanced meal too.
--counter service meals though a bit harder to manage, less variety

I've found this site helpful.

http://allears.net/din/special.htm

Great site, thanks so much!

Every restaurant does not have a vegetarian option, but they should be able to always make you something. At TS just tell your server what you eat, at buffets a chef can walk you around and tell you what's safe (since some items can have hidden beef/chicken broth). Most CS have a veg option, somtimes it a salad you have to order without chicken. It's not hard to eat vegetarian at Disney World, you'll be fine!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2473465&highlight=vegetarian Here is a huge thread on it!

Disney is so easy to eat vegetarian at (lacot0 ovo here)! My favorite counter service is Columbia Harbor House. The lighthouse sandwich is lick your fingers good! I think my fav Ts might be The Wave. Sanaa was good, Coral reef was very good, Biergarten is wonderful for a buffet. The stuffed pepper at 50's prime time was very good!

Such a toss up since I have had 99% wonderful vegetarian meals at Disney. The only issue I have ever had was at Le Cellier since I am allergic to mushrooms I was given the option of a huge salad. It filled the void but was a very expensive salad!

Animal Kingdom is the only place I have a harder time finding food beyond cheese pizza. We usually start the morning with Tusker house for the breakfast buffet and end with an early dinner at Sanaa.

I'm veg. lacto-ovo, as is my nine year old. We both ate well during our spring trip! I had no problems at all finding great food- I was very pleasantly surprised. Counter service isn't always as reliable as table service, though, and there are several counter service places that don't offer much of a choice. The all-ears veg section (I saw someone link to it above) was VERY helpful in planning my last trip- you can also check out every single menu in advance on that site! We had ADRs for table service, but for counter service, I printed out the lists I found for each park on all ears, that way I always knew where there was a veggie option around in whatever park I was in.

my MIL mentioned that she was a vegetarian and at Ohana and Garden Grill the chef came to our table and asked her what she liked and he brought her something special. At Ohana it was a stirfry with noodles and spicey--she loved it. At GG he prepared a couscous with mushrooms and veggies--she was very happy.

Just wanted everyone to know i am back from wdw and can not believe how nice all the CM's were and how accommodating everyone was. :)

I recently became a vegetarian, again. Who here is? and has done disney? Are there many veg-friendly choices?

The one big negative I remember regards the Food and Wine festival. We met a couple vegetarians there who were bemoaning how few vegetarian options were available at the festival.

Go back to eating meat during your trip! Make the exception because there is such great stuff to eat, especially at the steakhouses. If you can't, Flying Fish rocks!

Go back to eating meat during your trip! Make the exception because there is such great stuff to eat, especially at the steakhouses. If you can't, Flying Fish rocks!

Being vegetarian isn't really a joke to me...I don't just go back and forth or make exeptions. and on the plus side, all the meals I got were soo good!!!!

For those of us who haven't eaten meat in a long time (for me, it's been since I was ten, so the better part of my life) it's not really an option. If I were to eat a steak now I would be so.very.sick that I wouldn't enjoy my vacation. My body literally doesn't process the food any more.

So while I wish it was just as easy as "making an exception," (well... I actually don't, I have no desire to return to my omnivorous ways lol,) it's really not.

A few of my favorite vegetarian dishes at WDW...

Mushroom stuffed ravioli with swiss chard at Akershus - yum!

Roasted beet and goat cheese salad with toasted pecans at Sunshine Seasons

Lighthouse Sandwich (hummus and broccoli slaw) at Columbia Harbor House

Mediterranean pasta dish at Crystal Palace

Roasted beet and feta cheese salad at Roaring Forks, Wilderness Lodge (I asked for walnuts instead of golden raisins)

I didn't answer because I'm not a vegetarian, but I've often spent a week at WDW without eating meat. It's not intentional-just so many things I love at WDW don't have meat (except during the F&W festival). Some of my faves are Butternut Squash soup at AKL, the vegetarian platter at Tangerine Cafe, the caesar salad (lots of places), ice cream sundaes, blueberry muffins, the pumpkin ravioli (a vegetarian entree) at Coral Reef, the salad at Peco's Bills (not sure that one's on the menu any more-it had jicama).

For those of us who haven't eaten meat in a long time (for me, it's been since I was ten, so the better part of my life) it's not really an option. If I were to eat a steak now I would be so.very.sick that I wouldn't enjoy my vacation. My body literally doesn't process the food any more.

So while I wish it was just as easy as "making an exception," (well... I actually don't, I have no desire to return to my omnivorous ways lol,) it's really not.

I know what you mean about the meat making you sick.. When I first became vegetarian in 2007 I did alone. and I started feeling very sick, and at the time, wasn't eating fish.I'm also the only one in my family who doesn;t eat meat, so it becomes hard at times. When I added fish back into my diet all I had was a tuna sub and I litterally thought I was going to die I felt so sick! This time though I'm making sure I get enough of everything, and am enjoy all my tofu :)

A few of my favorite vegetarian dishes at WDW...

Mushroom stuffed ravioli with swiss chard at Akershus - yum!

Roasted beet and goat cheese salad with toasted pecans at Sunshine Seasons

Lighthouse Sandwich (hummus and broccoli slaw) at Columbia Harbor House

Mediterranean pasta dish at Crystal Palace

Roasted beet and feta cheese salad at Roaring Forks, Wilderness Lodge (I asked for walnuts instead of golden raisins)

They all sounds soo good! I was going to get the stuffed mushroom ravioli at Akershus, but I really don't like mushrooms. Instead I just filled up on salad and had a plain pasta dish :)

I didn't answer because I'm not a vegetarian, but I've often spent a week at WDW without eating meat. It's not intentional-just so many things I love at WDW don't have meat (except during the F&W festival). Some of my faves are Butternut Squash soup at AKL, the vegetarian platter at Tangerine Cafe, the caesar salad (lots of places), ice cream sundaes, blueberry muffins, the pumpkin ravioli (a vegetarian entree) at Coral Reef, the salad at Peco's Bills (not sure that one's on the menu any more-it had jicama).

The salad at peco Bills is soo good! I did have it! We were actually going to go back there another day because we all enjoyed it so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter