Doing Disney Pregnant!??

Tink3rbell86

Mouseketeer
We have a trip planned in March for 9 days in Disney! We are soo excited and we just found out we are going to be first time parents. :D. In March i will be 5 months pregnant and was just wondering what i will be able to do! I've been MANY TIMES but i never thought about doing disney pregnant. Can i go on all the easy rides like haunted mansion pirates and space ship earth? What about soarin'? I still want to go but don't want to be bored if i can't go on anything. Two of our closes friends will be there so my DH will still be able to all of the "big" rides like Space Mountain TOT and RnRC. will i still have a good time or should we push our trip until after we have the baby?. Thanks for all of you help :D

Keri:goodvibes

I went when I was 7 months pregnant. I did most the rides except ones that said, "not recommended for pregnant women". I wouldn't do any jerky rides, or rollercoasters, but I did do Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and rides of that nature. It was a lot of fun, but we did a commando day, and I was limping out of MK. My advice would be to do what you can, take breaks, drink a lot of water, and carry a map so you know where the all the restrooms are!!!!

We went twice when I was pregnant with DS, once when I was in the middle of my first trimester and when I was about 5 months pregnant as well. Going when you are 5 months pregnant is about the best time during your pregnancy to make a trip like this. I wasn't worn out like I was in my first trimester and I wasn't so huge that I was exhausted with the walking.

As for rides, Soarin is not on the "expectant mothers shouldn't ride" list, so you can definitely do that one. Pirates and HM are fine too. The controversial ride on the list seems to be the Safari at Animal Kingdom. I went on the ride when I was in my first trimester (after talking to my OB about it). I did not ride it on our trip when I was 5 months along, but that was more so because I ended up giving my dad my fastpass so he could ride with DH and DD than being pregnant. Honestly, I think the boat launch for It's a Small World is rougher than the Safari, but I have read that you can sometimes get a wild driver. I suppose Disney has the warning there for a reason, so talk to your OB if you think you want to ride it.

Enjoy your last trip before having a little one. It definitely changes (I think for the better!) when you have a little munchkin tagging along!

I went this past Feb when I was 27 weeks pregnant. I did Soarin, Pirates, HM, etc. I also did the Safari. I requested to sit in front and I think our driver took it easy (my DD was 3 at the time too). Honestly the Sarfari was NO worse then the potholes I hit all winter long in MI.

The nice thing was DD was still taking naps. So we'd go back in the afternoon for naptime.

Make sure you run it by your OB.As long as your pregnancy isn't high risk and there are no issues they will probably ok it and simply tell you to avoid the rides that have pregnancy warnings ( like Splash, Big thunder etc)

Yeah, I wouldn't do the roller coasters or ToT, but other than that I think you'll have tons of fun! I went at 17ish weeks 2 years ago & it was PERFECT timing. I wasn't sick, nor was I too huge. I did ride the safari, and it was a little bumpier than I would have liked, but I wasn't worried either. Talk to your OB, I'm sure s/he will be able to ease your concerns.

Congrats!

I'm planning on doing Disney pregnant this time as well... I'm not pregnant yet (at least I don't think I am) but I'm hoping to be at least 3 months along by our trip. :) I was about 12 weeks along last time we went and had horrible morning sickness (was totally NOT planned) but I still had a blast. :) I am hoping to be past that point this time around though!

I have gone at all stages

13 weeks
20 weeks
and 8 1/2 months

of course I couldn't ride the rides but I still had a ton of fun and I enjoyed it. Just make sure to take breaks and drink lots of water!

I say just take a lot of breaks..my back was killing me when I went for halloween...and I'm gonig back in december...when I went the first pregnancy in December 07 we went alll day/night...I got sick next day, very sick...I pushed myself too hard ..so just listen to your body...or listen to your feet...rest when you can...actually MK is nicer when you can just take it easy. I did most of the rides except the coasters or anything that was too jerky...

Thanks everyone for the advice. I spoke to my doctor and he said take it easy. I'll go to my normal doctors appointments and he will let me know as i get closer what i will and will not be able to do. I'm excited. Last trip with out a little baby! :yay:

THANK YOU!!!

I went to the Biltmore Mansion about that time in my pregnancy and it was a fun trip. We did a ton of walking and it did wear me out. I had to take a nap when we got home that afternoon. So I would do half as much and take twice as much time to do it. Have a great trip!

We have a trip planned in March for 9 days in Disney! We are soo excited and we just found out we are going to be first time parents. :D. In March i will be 5 months pregnant and was just wondering what i will be able to do! I've been MANY TIMES but i never thought about doing disney pregnant. Can i go on all the easy rides like haunted mansion pirates and space ship earth? What about soarin'? I still want to go but don't want to be bored if i can't go on anything. Two of our closes friends will be there so my DH will still be able to all of the "big" rides like Space Mountain TOT and RnRC. will i still have a good time or should we push our trip until after we have the baby?. Thanks for all of you help :D

Keri:goodvibes

Hi, you are going to have a great time, and congratulations.

I went 4 times pregnant, twice at four months oldest girl and youngest, once at five months middle girl, and once at eight months the youngest.

The youngest went twice in my tummy. :) Never went with my oldest.

It just seemed everytime I planned a disney trip I got pregnant. Any way they are soooooo helpful there, just read the signs for the rides not recommended, use the benches if you get tired, and have fun. I am soooo excited for you.

MY first time not pregnant is next week! Well, the first time since 2001.

We went when I was 5.5 months pregnant. It was definitely a different kind of trip, but still fun! It's the best time in pregnancy to go. I was mostly over my morning sickness but not too huge and tired. Just take it easy. One day I pushed too hard and had lots of back pain and round ligament pain. Not fun!

I did everything that didn't have a warning for expectant mothers, plus I did do the safari. DH still did a lot of the stuff I couldn't do, and I took that time to snack and soak up the atmosphere (not to mention take bathroom breaks!). I had lots of fun watching the streetmosphere performers and having a snack at DHS while he did RNRC and TOT. We also got to do some things we "didn't have time for" on other trips, like visiting the Conservation Station at AK and seeing some shows we normally miss. And we had just found out we were having a little girl, so I did lots of shopping for her. :) Enjoy yourself!

I am going to Disney next month,and I will be just at 6 months along! I planned the trip a while before I got preggo, but I am still really excited! My doctor said it would be no problem for me to go as long as I wasn't too far along...no warnings or precautions, nothing! I plan to try to take it easy & relax though...no more relaxing trips to Disney after this one. I plan on riding everything except the coasters & ToT. I am still deciding about the safari. I prob will go on it, as the streets here are more bumpy and hilly than the safari could ever be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter