Doing Coke Zero 400 and Disney

tstidm1

DIS Veteran
I I like NASCAR (especially places like Dover where you can see everything) and want to see the race. I'm thinking about doing the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona and Disney World. Would I be better staying somewhere close to a escot Shuttle pick up point or choosing some a quality place that gives me things like Shuttles? Should I schedule myself an extra day past Sunday in case the weather doesn't cooperate before I leave? Is it even practical energy wise to do both especially on a top five busy timeframe?

I I like NASCAR (especially places like Dover where you can see everything) and want to see the race. I'm thinking about doing the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona and Disney World. Would I be better staying somewhere close to a escot Shuttle pick up point or choosing some a quality place that gives me things like Shuttles? Should I schedule myself an extra day past Sunday in case the weather doesn't cooperate before I leave? Is it even practical energy wise to do both especially on a top five busy timeframe?

I think the first few questions that come to mind are, how much time do you have in Orlando, and how many days are you planning to spend in the parks. I am going to see the Coke Zero 400 (its Saturday night, not Sunday afternoon fyi), and I will be in Orlando from the 3rd to the 13th. It takes a little over an hour to get to the track in Daytona from various points in Orlando, and getting back is gonna be a little longer due to traffic. We saw the Drive4COPD 300 last year and it was a blast! That's the Nationwide race before the Daytona 500.

Also, you can be pretty sure you're not gonna see the whole track from your seat in almost any seat. Daytona is 2.5 miles long, and it is ENORMOUS!!!! But it is Daytona!

In the end, rent a car, and make sure you book the extra day just in case.

Joe

If I do this, I would be coming down on July 5th and leaving on the 9th. I plan to spend two to three days in the parks, so I have flexibility to give up Sunday after the race to recover. Hope that helps in answering your question.

If I do this, I would be coming down on July 5th and leaving on the 9th. I plan to spend two to three days in the parks, so I have flexibility to give up Sunday after the race to recover. Hope that helps in answering your question.

I'd say you'd be good to withstand a "rain delay", but it may cramp your park time.

Have fun! See you at the race!

Joe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter