Doing both Halloween and Christmas Party in one trip?

jsebsirois

DIS Veteran
Hey there!

We've been thinking about visiting Disney World for the second time this year (would be the first time we visit twice in the same year). Today, we just received our vacation schedule and it's coming true : we'll probably goint to the World in November!

Now, we really like both MNSSHP and MVMCP. We're planning on arriving Oct. 31 and leaving Nov. 10, giving us the opportunity to do the last Halloween Party on Nov. 1st and the first Christmas Party (I think on Nov. 8).

Anyone did that before?

I haven't done it 'before', but will be there with you on those exact dates. You and I will be the happiest people there. I am very excited to do both parties. Have a great time! :wave2:

Totally doable as long as you plan your timing right and stay for enough days. Let's say you arrive at November 1st and leave on November 10th. You can attend the last halloween party on your arrival day and the first Christmas Party on November 8th.

This is actually my plan for our 2014 trip. We arrive on October 31st for a 10 night stay at Universal and on November 1st I plan to go to MK for the MNSSHP. Then on November 11th we move to Disney for 12 nights and we'll go to one of the MVMCP, maybe on our last full say there.

no helpful suggestions, just wanted to say, i think that's so cool! What a great bucket list item- 2 of the year's biggest private/ticketed events in one trip! Woohoo!

We will be there Oct 29- Nov 13 and we were there in May. We usually go twice a year. We don't do MNSSHP or mvmcp as our dd isn't old enough to stay up late yet. She will be three in Oct.

We did this once... funny looking back at the photos to see that Walt Disney World transformed from Fall to Christmas in the midst of our holiday. ;-)

Attending 2 hard ticket events during 1 trip can be quite costly, but we knew it would be the only time we would have the chance.

Also, at the time, our kids were HUGE character hunters and they REALLY wanted to get autographs/pics of the rare characters that are often out only at the parties.

I hope someone can help. I was thinking of going 11/1 -11/9 with the free dining. So with arriving on 11/1 I could do the Halloween party and on 11/8 I could do the Christmas party, but with leaving on 11/9 I would not be able to see the Osborne light show as this is the first day for it. Is there any chance they would have it lite before 11/9, say on 11/7 for a sneak peek ???

i wanted to do this but then decided against it because it would not be a free dining week, as last year did not have that week included. So then i booked the Little Mermaid room at AoA and then when free dining came out, it excluded that room. By then i already had my dining reservations and BoG was not available. Another odd thing was that airfare was really expensive that week but not the one we ended up with. Glad to hear you can do both parties. I'm going to MVMCP for the first time with DD2 and DH. DH and I have done the MNSSHP a bunch of times and loved it. We did it twice in the same week's trip last time we went.. 3 years ago this September. My how time flies! Have a great time and enjoy both parties!

If you look up the opening of the Osbourne lights at DHS it is the same this year as in years past, so i doubt it would open earlier. I did like how the week i picked meant that the lights would be up and the gingerbread house at GF should be up by the end of our trip. We booked a princess dinner at GF on our last night so we can see it.

I wish Epcot still had the international gateway all done up with the walk way lights, that was really cool.. and really noticeably missing when they took it down the following year. Also with they still did the Goofy tree lighting at Epcot. We saw it on youtube and were excited and waited around for it and a CM said they no longer did it.

Have a great time!

I'm doing both this year! Arrive oct 30th and leave nov 9th, so get to go to MNSSHP on halloween itself and then the first MVMCP on the 8th. First time going at this time of year, so having both parties mixed in with food and wine has got me uber excited!!

:thumbsup2 DH and I are doing it this year. It is on his bucket list and this was the year. Our dates are 10/31-11/09. We start at BLT on 10/31. We have done MNSSHP on Halloween before and we want to enjoy our one night at BLT on arrival so we will do MNSSHP on 11/1. We move to AKV 11/1-11/9 and MVMCP tickets have been purchased for 11/8.

I will just have to make sure we are packed since we leave around 8:30 the next morning. :sad:

We are doing that this year! :lmao: So excited and can't wait :)

Hey there!

We've been thinking about visiting Disney World for the second time this year (would be the first time we visit twice in the same year). Today, we just received our vacation schedule and it's coming true : we'll probably goint to the World in November!

Now, we really like both MNSSHP and MVMCP. We're planning on arriving Oct. 31 and leaving Nov. 10, giving us the opportunity to do the last Halloween Party on Nov. 1st and the first Christmas Party (I think on Nov. 8).

Anyone did that before?

DH & I always fly in the Friday before Halloween and stay for 10-11 days and always missed the MVMCP by a couple of days. We got to see MK begin to transform from fall to Xmas but the final straw was getting to see the castle all lit up with the beautful white lights. So I had to figure this out on how we could be there for Halloween but still go to the MVMCP.

This year I DID IT!! We are arriving on 10/31, staying at BCV, MNSSHP on 11/1, MVMCP on 11/8 (and even got 5:00 dinner reservations at BOG), Osborne lights on 11/9. Going to try to do Jingle Parade at AK on 11/9 but if not, Biig Bad Voodoo Daddy (early show) and then boat it over to DHS. We are leaving on a 8:00 p.m. flight on 11/10. Alot to cram into those two days but WHO CARES!!!!!

We can't wait. Food & Wine, two parties, lights, who could ask for more!:yay:

We've done MNSSHP & we've done MVMCP w/ F&W. This year, we're doing the trifecta for our honeymoon. Same dates 10/31-11/10. Can't come soon enough!

Does anyone know when all of the Christmas decorations go up? I'll be checking out on Nov 5 and hoping to see atleast some...

Does anyone know when all of the Christmas decorations go up? I'll be checking out on Nov 5 and hoping to see atleast some...

They go up at MK for the first MVMCP. Last year the week leading up to the 1st party MK was decorated a little more each day - but there were some shops that still had the Fall decor up --it was all Xmas by the 9th of November which was the 1st MVMCP last year . The first party is 11/8 this year so it will be decorated by 11/8 ** minus the large Xmas tree that gets put up after Xmas parade taping

DHS was also decorated by 11/9 as the Osborne Lights started that night as well

EP will not get decorated until F&W is completely over. I went to EP on the morning of 11/10/ last year and it was decorated (countries too)

Not sure about AK as I didn't visit that park after11/7 and it wasn't decorated yet

I checked out of WL on 11/12 and it was not decorated at all

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Great Minds Think Alike:thumbsup2
We have those exact dates, as well, Oct 31- Nov 10 staying at AoA!:):):) MNSSHP on Friday 11/1 and MVMCP on 11/8 9and Osbourne lights on Saturday night before we leave. We are sooooo excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter