• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does your netflix work while in US?

coastgirl

DIS Veteran
We have a netflix account. Can we login to the US version from our rental house (assuming a device to connect...)?

No, because your computer has a Canadian IP address, so you will not be able to log into the US site. However, there are several ways around it (by disguising your IP address to make it look like your computer is in the US). We do this (so much more content!!!) My husband pays $5/month to a company called UnBlockUs. I think you can also do it for free, using Tunnel Bear? It's slower but should work just as well. So we toggle between CDN and US netflix ALL the time LOL, not to mention being able to view content on websites such as cbs.com, abc.com, nbc.com etc. All those are blocked in Canada (if you want to watch videos).

Depends on how you are accessing it. If you are doing it from a phone or tablet, you may have some issues because of the native country your device is tied to. (haven't tried this yet.

If you are using a laptop the website will recognize that you are connected to an American IP address and you will have access to the American content, but not the Cdn only content.

If you want US content access all the time install the free extention for your browser at Hola.org. I love it. It also give me Pandora and Hulu access as well as other US TV websites.

Thanks. I will be unlocking my phone but probably would use either my laptop on the villa's wifi or maybe their game console. Not sure what they have; I'm NOT buying an "xbox live" sub but maybe I can get a free month trial. :teeth: or if it's a wii we should be good to go.

I keep meaning to unblock our Netflix at home, but we don't actually use it that much. (I still have only made it through season one of "Breaking Bad"!) Maybe if we find great content while we're there I'll be more motivated when we come home.

We had no problem using our Netflix in the US. For some reason we were able to access the American Netflix and it was wayyyyy better than what weve been used to. So many more options! My kids were thrilled! This was on our iPad.

Our Netflix still worked while in the states,it was great we were automatically transferred to the americian Netflix :) there was way more selection for kid and adult shows

As noted above, you will be connected to US Netflix. The selection will blow you away.

We pay $5/month for a US proxy which allows us to watch US Netglix and Hulu at home, and as soon as we clear out pvr, we're getting rid if cable.

There is a large amount of Disney content on the US NF.

Those of you paying for proxy, you should switch to the free hola.org extention.

Yes, and you can access it at home as well if you change the IP address. We have one playstation that has U.S. Netflix.

Yes, we connecting easily in the US with both our computer and tablets. As with PP we started using a proxy server after seeing their selection vs the Canadian selection. Since using the proxy server we have cancelled our cable:)

Cool. So when we get home from the parks and want to chill, we'll be watching movies on Netflix. :) THanks guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter