Does your dog like unusual foods?

Skywalker

Elementary, My Dear Mickey
My dog likes uncooked pasta. It started a long time ago when I was making lasagne and I dropped one of the those noodles on the floor. He grabbed it and went off happily crunching. Now whenever we have pasta of any type he stands there begging...he doesn't beg when I'm cooking roast beef, chicken, bacon, etc., but he will drool for raw pasta, lol.

Also I had one dog that loved carrotts and would choose a carrot over a bone anyday!

How about your dogs? :lovestruc

My dog likes uncooked pasta. It started a long time ago when I was making lasagne and I dropped one of the those noodles on the floor. He grabbed it and went off happily crunching. Now whenever we have pasta of any type he stands there begging...he doesn't beg when I'm cooking roast beef, chicken, bacon, etc., but he will drool for raw pasta, lol.

Also I had one dog that loved carrotts and would choose a carrot over a bone anyday!

How about your dogs? :lovestruc

My dog LOVES watermelon, if you hold it for her she eats it off of the rind like a person does. Op that is funny about the uncooked pasta.

Mine loves lettuce and grapes. He'll eat most fruits and vegetables.

Grapes are not good for dogs so be careful with those ~ they can cause renal failure in large quantities ~ raisins, too, but I've read that as few as 7 grapes or raisins can cause problems. I couldn't believe that they could cause probs but they can. My JRT goes crazy when he sees grapes but I don't give him any.

My JRT will eat anything from critters and bugs to lettuce and veggies. His favorite is green beans. He really loves it when I shoot ice cubes out of the fridge door and he chases them around and then eats the cubes :confused3

My dog loves baby carrots, but will refuse big carrots that are cut into circles.

She also love ice cubes, but too many of those and she revisits them and you end up cleaning them up off the floor.:sick:

As a kid I had a boston terrier that ate everything but angel food cake, bananas, an nuts. Usually catching the food before it hit the floor. Oh an the 3 foods he did not like he almost always asked for, he'd spit it out an I'd tell him he asked for it an had to eat it so he would eat that bite an not ask for anymore that time.

1 night the dog was sitting between mom an I wanting for droppings an mom told him he had not ate his dog food in 3 days he had to eat it 1st. The dog looked at her like ARE YOU INSANE? Grampa was there he got up ran over to the dog food got down on his hands n knees pretended to eat the dog food, dog went over pushed gpa out of the way gobbled down his food. There after the dog ate his food everytime he heard gp's car come up the driveway.

I also had another boston years later that traveled with me a lot. We'd get him a hamburger with catsup, mustard an pickle. If the pickle came of in his bites of the 1st half of burger he'd spit it out save it for the middle of burger if I held it back to the last half of burger he would not eat the pickle. Pickle had to be in middle of his burger.

My JRT will eat anything from critters and bugs to lettuce and veggies. His favorite is green beans. He really loves it when I shoot ice cubes out of the fridge door and he chases them around and then eats the cubes :confused3

My Fox Terrier does the same thing :lmao: He also loves popcorn, whenever he hears me making it, he comes running and waits patiently for it to be done. I then toss him pieces so he catches them in mid air - once the popcorn is seasoned he knows he doesn't get anymore so he goes away again.

Our cat, Shadow, would eat corn off the cob. RIP Shadow

We have a lettuce lover (but she also covets chicken like it'll make her happy forever) and a raw potato lover, and she also eats raw pasta.

No grapes for my dog...bad for him. But, he will go nuts if he sees me making a salad....he loves lettuce, cucumbers. He sits patiently, waiting for me to finish making apple pies/turnovers so he can have the core. The seeds aren't good for dogs so I have to cut them out first!!!
He loves ice cubes. Carrots are a huge treat for him.

Our fur baby will eat corn right off the cob, it must have butter.

We have a non carb eating dog! He loves fruits and veggies! Cutie oranges and baby carrots are his very favorite! If someone drops something like bread or popcorn or pasta, he won't eat it. I have even seen him take food off a bun and leave the bun!

Our dog is very, very picky. There are many things she won't eat. The other day I gave her mac-n-cheese, she refused it. Peanut butter, nope. Most dry things, like bread, cereal, crackers, she won't eat.

But she LOVES broccoli!! And watermelon! She eats it off the rind and stops when she gets to the white part!

A dear friend's Rhodesian Ridgeback LOVED the woody stalks from asparagus!

My dogs loves to eat fruits and veggies, we are always stocked up on baby carrots and they get those more than dog treats. They also love frozen green beans, broccoli and blueberries. But their favorite is apples..they will stare at me until I bite a chunk off for them.

But as far as the strangest thing they like, one of my dogs has this strange obsession with olives. He will take the olive, put it on the floor, roll all over it until it is smooshed into the ground, and then he will eat it. haha, I'll never understand why he does this but it gets me laughing everytime.

Gracie (doxie) loves tomatoes and lettuce and raw potatoes too. Buddy (doxie) use to love raw cauliflower. Ruby (terrier mix) likes spicy food, if DH gives her a bite she sits there and licks her lips. Katie our shepherd/lab mix loved boiled peanuts. If you were eating some, she would sit and stare at you and drool.

My dogs eat almost all fruits and vegetables (except the ones that are bad for then onions, grapes, avocados, etc). The love apples, lettuce, zucchinis, celery, watermelon. I mean really they all the fruits and vegetables. Oh yeah they do not like lemon :lmao:. I once found one had fell off a drink and it was untouched very rare in our house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter