Does your Chipotle charge extra for...

Extra cheese,beans or rice ? I went to a different area on vacation and the Chipotle employees gave very small scoops and extra of an item was $1.00 each. Like I asked for a little more cheese since it was very lightly sprinkled on top. extra $1.00 for slightly more. More than a spoon of rice was $1.00. I get the veggie with very limited toppings(No peppers, guacamole or corn) and it just seemed like I over paid for the amount of food. Usually its no issue to get more of the other items.

I would've felt so frustrated! Our local Chipotles (there are two of them) only charge for guacamole and extra meat, as far as I know.

Count me in as another poster who is now craving Chipotle. Meet y'all there for dinner? ;)

Yeah, It was just so weird to be asked to pay extra for extra rice or cheese. The lady lightly put on cheese and the scoop of rice was tiny. It looked like a kids meal. I probably gave them the most confusing look when they said more rice was extra.

I didn't get the peppers, guacamole or corn which all come with the veggie. Kinda just thought it was like every other chipotle I've been to. That I could just request extra (Except meat) and it would be put on to a point . With lettuce on top the food still didn't come up to the rim of the bowl-Not even close!

So, just now checked out the reviews and many yelp reviews mentioned that any extra was extra money due to people coming in and trying to feed a family on one bowl. Guess that makes sense! Still sucks for the people actually wanting more than a snack size bowl.

Its the Washington, DC 20003 location. I've never seen so many bad reviews for chipotle. (Well, not that I go out of my way to read their reviews! )

I'd be happy if our Chipotle just had everything available. About 50% of the time, they are out of something. Sorry, no crunchy tacos today. Sorry, no shredded beef today. Sorry, no guacamole today. I've never been in a restaurant that so consistently is out of main items on the menu. (Other restaurants might be out of something, but have much larger menus.)

One of my chipotles gave out free soda cups to the entire line because they were so busy and latest batch of chicken wasnt cooked yet. They offered us cups to have a drink while we waited.:thumbsup2

One of my chipotles gave out free soda cups to the entire line because they were so busy and latest batch of chicken wasnt cooked yet. They offered us cups to have a drink while we waited.:thumbsup2

Awesome customer service! We have never had them charge for extras. I have only been to 4 different ones however I was only charged the first time when I ask for extra beef. I always ask for 3 salsa types and extra rice... that is "my norm"! DS & my BFF always get extra rice and various salsas as well. She often even asks for extra peppers/onions.

Our Chipotle usually loads up the burrito so much that they can't close the tortilla!! I've never asked for extra because of that, so don't know if they would have charged.

One thing I find is that new employees are more likely to do something like that. They are trying to follow the "rules". For example, the manager trained them and said, "Only put on 1/4 cup meat, 1/4 cup lettuce, etc." So that is how they do it. Until they have been there awhile and then just slop it on!!! (I made up the amounts. So don't quote me on those!)

Maggie

They used to where I used to eat in Atlanta, GA - Buckhead specifically. I don't know if they still do since I don't work there anymore.

I haven't eaten at a Chipotle in years.

Extra cheese,beans or rice ? I went to a different area on vacation and the Chipotle employees gave very small scoops and extra of an item was $1.00 each. Like I asked for a little more cheese since it was very lightly sprinkled on top. extra $1.00 for slightly more. More than a spoon of rice was $1.00. I get the veggie with very limited toppings(No peppers, guacamole or corn) and it just seemed like I over paid for the amount of food. Usually its no issue to get more of the other items.

The one we go to charges for anything not normally on a plate. Want a little extra cheese? That'll be $1. Want another tablespoon of sour cream? Another $1.

We no longer go there.

Like another poster, we are charged for guacamole and meat if it's 'extra.'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter