Does your child go to sleep w/ you in the room? Do you go to bed early?

We just went in January with a 6 yo and 2 yo, and they would not go to sleep without lights out. It was very difficult. I thought that the exhaustion would cause them to crash - wrong!

I think that it just depends on the child. Both of mine have always needed a lot of sleep. Neither DD has fallen asleep in the stroller, ever. And they rarely fall asleep in the car, too. If your child falls asleep anywhere and/or doesn't need a lot of sleep, it could be a whole different story.

Next time, we are staying at ASMusic Family Suites so they can sleep in the other room!

we stayed at music in a family suite and it was fantastic..we have 3 year old twins and their bed time is 7:30-8..so we had them sleeping in the living room ans my hubby and i had our bedroom w/a tv and ourown bathroom...it worked out great.good luck!

Since you still have some time before you go, you could do something I've done with both of my kids. Though I should warn you that it can become addicting and can be a pain to tote the thing with you on every trip.

Anyway, knowing that I'd be taking my son to visit my parents frequently and knowing that he hadn't slept in a stroller or carseat or anywhere other than his crib since he was about two months old, I started using one of those crib soothers at nap and bedtime. It was the old Fisher Price aquarium (the new model wouldn't work for travel since it has the battery pack on the outside, making it an odd shape for packing). That way, there was part of his routine that we could take with us anywhere. He's 3.5 years old now and still watches it to fall asleep every night (it's up on top of a tall dresser now so he can see it but not play with it). When we travel, we just put it in the suitcase to have with us. Plus my parents bought one to keep at their house. Now my daughter (10 months) does the same thing. I really do think it has helped them both be able to sleep in hotel rooms, relatives houses, whatever.

Another thing we've done when we have to sleep in the same room is use a portable white noise machine. That way we aren't disturbed by each others' tossing and turning.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter