Does your car have a name?

Mom's car (mine) and Dad's car (DH's).

Or usually "The Traverse" and "Dad's car". :laughing:

My Durango is "baby". I babied it so much when we first got it (ok, still do) my dh and kids made fun of me.

DH has a black Pontiac Solstice convertible for a "fun car"... we call it "The Girlfriend"...
spends a lot of time with her, and she never has a speck of dust on her (nor a raindrop!)

we used to have a white mini van so we called it vanna white, my dd had an oldsmobile alero and called it allie. havnt named any of the new ones,we have a gps that we call heidi,because she sounds german and my dh thought of heidi klum. :rolleyes: we just recently got a ford expedition and i thought about putting an everest sticker under the expedition word on the back. the other car we have we call p.o.s. :rotfl: you all know what that means.

My silver Escape is named Evita.

I also named one of my friend's cars ... he got a new silver Jetta and I started calling it Svedka. It stuck.

:sunny:

My old car was "the triple B", as in backlot bargain beauty. I bought it in college, literally with the cash in my pocket--filling up the gas tank was a capital improvement.

Now I drive BCD "the bad color discount" or as my husband refers to it "the demise of GM" it is a 5 year old G6 that I purchased new for less than $11,000 including the 5 year extended warranty. The interior plastic is beige on the top and grey on the lower portion---it looks like an oops! Considering I paid less than 1/2 the sticker price, I have no complaints, but the interior molding is not pretty. Luckily the exterior is Sedona Beige, which is like a champagne color. When people ride in it the first time, they always have confused look, they know something is wrong. :confused3

All of my cars have had names.

My last car was Jill Loppy. She was 15 years old and ran really well. I just got tired of the upkeep and didn't want to put another dime into it.

My current car (I've had for three weeks) doesn't have a new name yet. But, she DOES look like a Jill Loppy so maybe that will be here name.

There isn't a rule for using the same name twice, is there?

I got the idea to name cars from Julia Child, who named her station wagon "Blue Flash."

Our Honda Element is "Perc," short for Percussionmobile, and our Mazda6 is "Sixy." I love that our two-year-old knows the names of both cars.

My new car is Fred! Don't ask why I'd have to kill ya if I told ya. :goodvibes

Marla. I used to have a really old (23 years old!) Volvo station wagon and when it became unusable I got a newer, prettier, Volvo S40. I felt like a man who had dumped his wife for a newer, sexier, younger wife. The first people who came to mind were Donald Trump and Marla Maples. So her name is Marla.

Up until about a year ago I had a 1993 Acura Intergra that I called 'The Go-Kart'. The car was so low down to the ground and without a muffler (which made its tiny engine sound silly) that it felt like you were driving a go-kart.

Even though I got a brand new Rav4 I still miss the Go-Kart every once in awhile. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter