Does your car have a name?

My car likes to do interesting things like lock and unlock the doors at random, turn on/off the radio and change stations by herself, drop the speedometer down to zero while you're driving, etc. Since she is apparently possessed and/or has a mind of her own, I named her Christine.

Years ago I had a 1969 Cougar XR-7 Convertible that was white with a red interior and a black top. I always called it the Cheshire Cat. I bought it brand new and kept it until it finally died about 20 years and 232,000 miles later.

My silver Saturn Ion is Bea-- I got her a few weeks after Bea Arthur died and figured it was a good tribute to my favorite silver-haired lady!

A coworker started calling mine Blue Diamond after I got it. The name stuck.

IMG_3519-1.jpg

Of course, I name my cars. Doesn't everybody? LOL!!!!

My first car was a Chevette names Sydney (Syd for short). Then I had Blondie. She was a bright yellow Geo Metro ragtop. After that, I had a Candy Apple red Sebring ragtop named Candy. Then came the kids, so I had to get rid of my ragtops. First mom mobile was Frankie (Francesca) -- a QX4. Then I had a Honda Odyssey that I never really cared for, so that car never got a name. Now, I drive Emma -- a green Highlander Hybrid.

We have Greta (who is a Jetta) and John-Boy (a GMC Envoy)....previous cars were Hans (a VW Passat) and Liesl (a VW Jetta). ;)

I currently drive Hot Tomato (a red Mini Cooper) that I got after I lost Sweet Pea (a lime green VW Beetle) in a flood. DH has Blue Velvet, a Jetta, and My parents have Black Cloud while my brother has Black Magic.

We've always been namers.

My DD named my car CoCo because she is in love with all things French. It's a metallic blue Honda Pilot.

DH has not named his current car.

We actually had a disagreement about naming a previous car (Black Ford Explorer). DH wanted to name him Morpheus but I thought that sounded more like a sleek black sports car. I wanted to name him Hank. But we both agreed it was a male car:lmao:. Poor car remained nameless because of the disagreement!

Whenever I'm working on it the name is $%^&ing-NO GOOD PIECE OF $&*@ CRAPPY *%$&ing DUMB $&*!!!!

Yup I named my car. It's a Honda fit and it has Hs all over it. So I named it Hugh. After Hugh Jackman :lovestruc

Our last SUV was called Bertie the Bus - from Thomas the Train.. Haven't found a "good name for the new one yet.

The lady in our GPS is called Genie - although I thik we should have named her "recalculating..."

My Taurus is the "Transformer". We got the down payment on it by selling a bunch of original Transformer toys.

:thumbsup2

I never had a name for my old car that went caput last year. But the car I now have used to belong to my father until he passed away back in 08 (I got it March of 09). I may say "my car" at times, but to me it will always be "Dad's car" and I will sometimes say that. If DS7 is with me, I'll sometimes say "Pop-Pop's car".

ETA: DH had two cars that he had names for. One was for an old 1960's white car that he called "The Great White" b/c the side vents on the car looked like gills on a shark. An earlier car was known as "Lazarus" b/c it died a few times then would work again.

My current car is "The Sexy Scion".

For those who mentioned naming their GPS, my parents always named their autopilots (for their boats) George. I'm not entirely sure why, but there was a succession of Georges on different boats while I was growing up.

My Grand Cherokee doesn't have a name. We merely call it 'the Jeep'. Cathy's SUV is Snow White (it's white), her little Smart cabrio is Mickey (red/black), my convertible is Sophie.

I don't name my cars - never have.
But I have friends that do.

One friend has a Black Chevy Tahoe - she named it "the Black Pearl"
eta - she even had her tag made with "BLKPERL"

Another friend has a grey Mazda - he named it "Grey Ghost"

:hippie:

Nissan Altima - named Timmy (so named because our old Saturn Ion was named Berry because that was the name of the paint color and we decided the Altima needed a name, too - after trying out a few it became Timmy)

Ford Escape - named Dory, after the fish in Finding Nemo, because it is an "Es-kah-pay... Hey, that's spelled just like escape!" We have a sticker of Dory on the back window.

We refer to the GPS on my iPhone as Lola, after the GPS unit in the movie "RV" with Robin Williams. "Thank you, Lola."

Our Buick Roadmaster is called the Deerslayer. We've hit two deer with it (or more accurately, two deer have thrown themselves in front of it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter