• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does your age bother you (tell the truth)

Nope.....
I've always been happy to be whatever age I am and look forward to the chance to learn more as I age.

My age only bothers me because I realize the age of those I love is moving too fast. Trying not to cry as I type this on the way home from a week long road trip with my mom. We've done these all my life and now at 30 and 54 I realize there aren't many left.
See this is why my age bothers me... when someone thinks that its nearly "game over" for her mother at 54. I'm not quite 54 but really hope that I have lots of time left! :scared:

Yes it does. That is why I have been 37 for a loooong time.

What is scary is, I encounter some really rough looking people only to find out they are younger than me. Also, when I see former classmates and think WOW you look old.

I turned 40 last year and in my line of work your age is a ticking time bomb.

So yeah it bothers me. Especially when I feel like in the last year I feel like I've started over as an artist and I'm competing in a young man's game.

My age doesn't bother me...the alternative really sucks. It's all the aches and pains, that bother me.

I remember when I turned 18 and told my friend I would never want to be 50 that is old. I turned 52 today and think this is not old at all. I still feel like I'm in my 20's, haven't really changed what I do or what my values and thoughts are. I look in the mirror and think where did that grey hair come from. Most people think I'm not that old , family genes were good to me that way. I have younger kids too so they all think we are the same age when going to school events are surprised when I say my age. Wonder how long that will last.

Everyone is driving me crazy today asking what I want to do for my birthday, to me it is just another Tuesday. I don't have a need to go out or get something for my birthday. I guess in that way I'm changing, I can go shopping and not bring something home or go on a trip and not bring home anything because I don't need anything.

The number itself doesn't bother me, its the effects that number of years has had on my body that does LOL

I remember when I turned 18 and told my friend I would never want to be 50 that is old. I turned 52 today and think this is not old at all. I still feel like I'm in my 20's, haven't really changed what I do or what my values and thoughts are. I look in the mirror and think where did that grey hair come from. Most people think I'm not that old , family genes were good to me that way. I have younger kids too so they all think we are the same age when going to school events are surprised when I say my age. Wonder how long that will last.

Everyone is driving me crazy today asking what I want to do for my birthday, to me it is just another Tuesday. I don't have a need to go out or get something for my birthday. I guess in that way I'm changing, I can go shopping and not bring something home or go on a trip and not bring home anything because I don't need anything.
:bday:

:bday:

that's david.
american werewolf in london.
2013 hhn

but that's not my husband in the pic next to me.
i left him at home. lol

now in case you are wondering, the dude next to me works at UO

Last edited:
Everyone says I still look very young so does my DH. 35 isn't too old but when I look at how old my kids are getting I feel old. I also look at my parents aging and my grandparents aging and it seems crazy because my parents have always been young in my eyes.

I'm 52 and while I've always hated the idea of aging, I have to admit that the reality of it isn't so bad (so far, at least). I don't really feel any different than I did when I was younger - no aches and pains and I have just as much energy as I did 30 years ago. I actually look much better than I did when I was in my 20s or 30s and I'm enjoying life more than ever. But - I hate the idea of my kids growing older and dread the inevitable empty nest that is looming about 5 years from now. I can't believe that in no time at all I'll be facing 60 (YIKES!). If I could just freeze everything and keep it the way it is right now, I'd be happy.

at 48(that number blows my mind) I'm starting to feel it. not happy about it at all. kinda concerned about this upcoming disney trip. Hope I dont need to slow down too much. My soon to be 14 DD is expecting a lot out of me. I have 2 practice runs at 2 local parks before I hit Disney.

Lately it bothers me a lot. I'm 58, but feel 18 in my mind. I was very inactive this winter and I'm paying for it physically. DH has bad arthritis in his knees, walks like an old man (we're the same age). My Mom died at 70, and knowing I'm close to 60 scares me.

It's a little disheartening to look at teenagers and realize they probably look at me like a grandmother. When did this happen???????

at 48(that number blows my mind) I'm starting to feel it. not happy about it at all. kinda concerned about this upcoming disney trip. Hope I dont need to slow down too much. My soon to be 14 DD is expecting a lot out of me. I have 2 practice runs at 2 local parks before I hit Disney.
I'm 67 and if you cannot keep up with her, let me know... I can do it. 48 is just barely out of high school.

I keep wondering where the 22 year old guy who calls me Mom came from. Just yesterday I had a little boy that loved Blues Clues and the Cookie Monster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter