Does WDW Have Previous DAS Records?

Rockin Rhonda

Earning My Ears
I was curious if WDW keeps past DAS records and could see that we got DAS before and that his condition is the same?

The first time we went to WDW we didn't know about DAS and it was a pretty rough experience for our autistic son with sensory issues and developmental delays. We had to leave most lines because of his disabilities and the entire experience was a huge disappointment.

We would have NEVER gone to WDW a 2nd time had we not learned of DAS. We got DAS for him as well as a sticker for the stroller so we could take it into lines when he was physically fatigued due to disabilities. The experience for him was 1000% better.

Now we have tickets for a 3rd trip (YAY!) but hear they have revamped the process and it's a bit more difficult to acquire (thanks to abusers) so I'm curious if they keep DAS records for future consideration.

Last edited:
when I go I just say I need to renew my DAS and that is all just about every time every new and then the CM will ask why and I simply tell them why and what problems I have in lines and most of the time they stop me before I can finish my sentences

I have not heard anything about it being harder ( the first time was almost imposable for me to get it so anything else seems so easy I am just someone that dose not look disabled and on top of that I have a hard to with what I want to say when I get over stimulated and we all not that disney is not a sensory over load place.)

but yes I think they do keep a record and a brief this is his problems in line really should be all you would need if that.

my son got his first DAS after the updates, and the first time it was a paper card with his picture on it, us being passholders ask about this and where told that they will keep on file as a passholder the DAS, but have to ask for it every trip we make to update the party that's traveling with the DAS recipient, all about DAS is pretty much up to the castmember at the guest relation, so nothing is black or white, what worked for me might not work for you, people at guest relations are better informed about children's on the spectrum

:welcome: to the DISboards!

If your prior trips were before 2013, you had a GAC (Guest Assistance Card). Yes, that program has changed, and no, I don't believe they'll have any record of a prior GAC. If you have been to WDW since fall 2013 when the DAS (Disability Access Service) started, they likely do have a record of it -- though I honestly don't think they keep much info other than name and dates. Nothing on the DAS requires a diagnosis or "condition" so they should not be keeping track of such things. DAS is need-based, so you'll want to be prepared to discuss your son's needs as related to waiting in a standard queue environment, not his diagnosis or condition. Two people with the same diagnosis may have very different needs. If you have the prior paper GAC or DAS, you could bring that to show he had one previously, but still be prepared to briefly explain his needs or answer any questions.

The WDW - Disability Access Service (DAS) thread pinned near the top of this forum has details. You only need to read the first post, as the rest was discussion back in 2013 around the time the program was rolled out.

Enjoy your vacation!

I am sure no one will really feel bad for me, as I am a CM who does not have to buy passes anymore, lol!! But, as a result, I have to get a new DAS every single day, at least I did at DL. I think it is the same at WDW now too; with the paper one they could date it for the week we are there.

After the first DAS I received (which was shortly after the new program rolled out) I have never been questioned as to my need. When I have renewed it, I have never been questioned again. I just show them my AP and they renew it, no questions asked. Apparently not everyone has the same experience though.
I have linked many other APs, and various ticket media including CM guest passes to my DAS and never needed the person, just the ticket media. Others have experienced having to have the people and their ticket media present in order to link them. I believe it is very inconsistent.

It is very inconsistent, I have renewed my DAS several times since the new program. Half the time I needed to re-explain my needs (which is fine, they haven't changed). I just renewed it last weekend and asked how long it was good for (AP holder) since I am back in 3 weeks with DD and family and was told I will need to bring the whole gang in to have their bands scanned and linked. As a side note with the last renewal, DH was with me and the female CM asked if it was "ok to tap your husband" (meaning scan his band)! I don't think she understood my hysterical laughter, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter