Does US/IOA do celebrations or extras we can purchase?

ammag

DIS Veteran
If we are not staying on property is there anything I could order or buy to celebrate my daughters birthday when we are in the parks? Looking at disneys offerings of custom cakes, various gifts to be delivered at restaurants,etc. I've read there is a birthday button, will have to see if it's worth doing instead of heading right to olivanders.

I HIGHLY recommend getting a birthday button. Especially for a child. Cast members automatically say happy birthday to you. Many people report getting free butterbeer... And I got one. My 25th birthday trip was made by my button. I know that sounds sad, but it really made it special... However don't go into it expecting anything or you might be disappointed.

I also recommend doing some of the tours at USF if you're going over there. At twister you can do a control room tour and at MIB you can do the immagration tour. At the end of both of these they sent express passes over to gringotts for us. Again, don't expect it! I think I got really lucky. Since there were just two of us it made it much easier for them to do so.

I have no idea about special cakes and stuff as we've never looked into it. However, there are cupcakes and goodies all over the place. If y'all are Harry Potter nuts look into getting a chocolate cauldron or cupcake from honeydukes to take with you to lunch or dinner.

Thank you! I am hoping (but of course not telling her or counting on it) that between her full on Hermione costume she insists on wearing and a birthday button MAYBE she will get picked at Ollivander's. It's her biggest wish, you never know! It's not her actual birthday but her birthday gift from us....does it matter?

I'd go for it
Increase her chances anyway you can

If she doesn't get chosen, do the show again later at the other wand show
Same show at both potterheadland parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter