Does TSA pre-check work in Orlando Airport?

Outrageous Crew

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if folks have had any problems using their TSA pre-check status to move along more quickly in the Orlando airport.....thanks in advance!!!
Tresha:cheer2:

Used it last month. Worked really well saved a lot of time. Nice not having to take of shoes and jackets.

How does that work?

Security checks at Orlando Airport are horrendous--poorly organized and lines so long that you can't even recognize you are IN a line:)

It works fine. Be sure to look for the signs directing you TO the Pre section, though. It's not on both sides.

We've used pre-check at MCO several times and it worked out great. As noted by the PP, pay attention to the signs as you approach the security check points to get in the right one for pre-check.

Also, when planning your return time to MCO don't go "well I got precheck on my last flight so we can leave the port or Disney later" There's a "random factor" to it.

Just yesterday after having had it for every flight this year I was randomly picked to go though the real screening at my local airport.

On some airlines you can tell on the boarding pass that you have precheck. I don't know if works on all of them.

My understanding is that if you pay $85 and go to the TSA authorized office, you are good for five years for TSA pre check.... and that it will not be random. Thoughts from others???pixiedust:

My understanding is that if you pay $85 and go to the TSA authorized office, you are good for five years for TSA pre check.... and that it will not be random. Thoughts from others???pixiedust:

They will randomly ask you to go through the regular lines, with the scanners, removal of shoes,etc., if you are in the pre-check program. From a security aspect, that just makes sense. My experience has been similar to the earlier poster. It is infrequent (even rare I would say) but it does happen. If you are pre-check, it should say it on your boarding pass. Even if it doesn't, the TSA may decide to send you to pre-check anyway.

3 out of my last 4 flights have been pre-check. Don't have a clue as to how I got on the list - but I like it!!! The rest of my family - no so much - they are jealous about having to go through the longer lines.

TSA-PRE not only works in Orlando but my last flight it saved my butt. There was an accident on the Beachline and it was CLOSED. The alternate route added over 90 minutes to my commute. I was doing 90 at times trying to get to the airport ... had to skip cheap parking and leave car at main terminal ($$) then ran into terminal to see a sign saying TSA wait was 45 minutes. I had PRE, skipped the line and made the flight by 5 minutes . . .

A couple of airlines are coupled with TSA and you don't have to do anything to get PRE .... SouthWest is one, and if you are in the frequent flyer program you are eligible. Our boarding passes have had PRE printed on them our last several flights.

You can also use TSA pre if you are part of a trusted traveller program like Nexus and you fly one of the participating airlines.

We have Nexus. First trip on SWA, only one of our party of three got pre-check.
Next trip, all three got it.
Last trip, only two got it. But the amazing check-in lady at the SWA counter added the missing number and we all had it.
It's a very nice feature. Got through the line very quickly.

No, you still won't get it every time you go through security for five years. they "randomly" kick TSA prechecked passengers out to the regular lines.

For reasons unknown to us, as we flew out of LA to Boston for our last cruise, we found my boarding pass had "TSA PRECHK" on it. DH's didn't :confused3. So, I could go to the quicker line, but didn't, as I'd still have to wait for him to go through. But they let me keep my shoes on, and I could have kept my jacket on also, but I already had it off at that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter